Replacing a toilet fill valve

New product makes adjustments easier, eliminates corrosion concerns

By Inman News Feed
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 0 | Posted May. 18, 2012

Share this Story:

Replace the cap on the valve by pressing down and turning 1/8 turn clockwise until it snaps back in place, then turn the water valve back on. The tank will now fill with water. Watch the level of the water in the tank. Your toilet should have a mark inside the tank indicating the ideal water level. If it doesn't, you'll want to shoot for a level that's about 1/2 inch to 1 inch below the top of the overflow pipe. If the water level is too high or too low, simply turn the adjustment rod on the side of the valve to raise or lower the float cup, which will change the water level; you may need to flush the toilet a couple of times to finalize the adjustments.

Fluidmaster valves and other replacement toilet parts can be found at home centers, hardware stores and a variety of other retailers, as well as online through retailers such as

Remodeling and repair questions? Email Paul at All product reviews are based on the author's actual testing of free review samples provided by the manufacturers.

Contact Paul Bianchina:
Email Email Letter to the Editor Letter to the Editor

Prev| Page: 1 2
Add to favoritesAdd to Favorites PrintPrint Send to friendSend to Friend



(HTML and URLs prohibited)