Give up pet, get extra deposit back?

Rent it Right

By Inman News Feed
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 0 | Posted Feb. 4, 2011

Share this Story:

If the tenant fails to provide proof, you may want to terminate the tenancy. If you want this option, your lease clause must specify that failure to obtain and maintain the described policies will be a material breach of the lease, for which you may terminate.

Janet Portman is an attorney and managing editor at Nolo. She specializes in landlord/tenant law and is co-author of "Every Landlord's Legal Guide" and "Every Tenant's Legal Guide." She can be reached at

Contact Janet Portman:
E-mail E-mail Letter to the Editor Letter to the Editor

Prev| Page: 1 2
Add to favoritesAdd to Favorites PrintPrint Send to friendSend to Friend



(HTML and URLs prohibited)