Free home repairs for those in need

Rebuilding Together aids low-income homeowners

By Inman News Feed
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 9 | Posted Apr. 15, 2010

Tom Kelly's book "Cashing In on a Second Home in Mexico: How to Buy, Rent and Profit from Property South of the Border" was written with Mitch Creekmore, senior vice president of Houston-based Stewart International. The book is available in retail stores, on Amazon.com and on tomkelly.com.

***

What's your opinion? Leave your comments below or send a letter to the editor. To contact the writer, click the byline at the top of the story.

Prev| Page: 1 2

COMMENTS

1. Jeanette Wright said... on Apr 19, 2011 at 08:54AM

“My mother is 75yrs old and on a fix income, she can't pay her monthly bills without help from me. Her roof is caving in and she can't afford to repair it and I can't afford to help her. So if there is a program that can help we both will be so grateful for any assistance you can give. Thank You!”

2. cleveland bonner said... on Sep 8, 2011 at 03:44AM

“my roof is leaking excessively,on the verge of collapsing. i have a job but the pay is so little i cant even pay my mortgage with it,have not payed last months yet and now i must fix the roof before the kitchen is destroy below.I took off from work today to bail the buckets out.”

3. denise said... on May 18, 2013 at 09:08AM

“looking for someone to repair roof -it is caving in
sleeping in living room until someone can help my family'
my sis and i have no money and brother is on ssi-can not get programs because cannot afford to change deed into our name
plumbing bad-windows out-wood floors rotten-please help”

4. Anonymous said... on Sep 2, 2013 at 09:02AM

“Can u email me with a phone# I can't access your webste. Thanx!!”

5. Dean houck said... on Oct 7, 2013 at 05:56AM

“I am 66 years old and disabled. My house needs work. My kitchen is in very very bad shape! My kitchen door is ready to fall off its Frame. My dick needs painting I don't have the money to do it! My steps to the upstairs is coming out of the wall. I do have some Foundation cracks . Floors are in bad shape in my house. I just don't have the money to do anything un able to do it witmyself! I just need help really bad”

6. Ashley Street said... on Jan 15, 2014 at 04:33PM

“"My Grandparents Are 80 plus years of age and the entire house can fall at any giving moment.I try to talk thm iunto leaving until the house is completely fixed.I try and help as much as I possible can,she has ben struggling to pay her bills and try and fix the house for decades now.The home needs to just b knocked down and started from the being.It's a three story lovely home water damaged,its very very old any wrong wind or step the house can come crashing down on there head from the third floor.she has no bathroom no anything all the pipes are busted or backed up.Ive ben searching everywhere to hopefully find some help.Please help thank you”

7. Anonymous said... on Mar 19, 2014 at 11:19PM

“Im a single dad of 2 year old twins daughters out of work i lifeguard for the city of Philadelphia for 6 years i had my own house but is many problems Roofing problems plumbing problems Electric problems so many problems I had to move back to my moms so hard living with hiv taking care of my kids and myself and the house need help Bad”

8. Anonymous said... on Mar 21, 2014 at 10:03PM

“I'm a single m other and i'm a grandmother I need plumbing done it leaks on my front porch so bad it wet in my basement bathroom is where I got black mole on the celling I need new doors I work I don't make enough money my paycheck is small please can you help me.”

9. Linda Robinson said... on Apr 14, 2014 at 09:59AM

“I have had problems keeping up with my home, for the past year, my children and I have to smell the foul smell that is coming from the hole under the toilet and my children have been sick more times than I can remember, My outlets in the dining room do not work so we have to eat dinner with little light, Please any help we can get will be very apprecited. I was told that I would have to wait another year for help from the city because they are back up, I am in college and on disability and can not afford to paid for it. Thank you foe your consideration in this matter.”