Free home repairs for those in need

Rebuilding Together aids low-income homeowners

By Inman News Feed
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 57 | Posted Apr. 15, 2010

Tom Kelly's book "Cashing In on a Second Home in Mexico: How to Buy, Rent and Profit from Property South of the Border" was written with Mitch Creekmore, senior vice president of Houston-based Stewart International. The book is available in retail stores, on Amazon.com and on tomkelly.com.

***

What's your opinion? Leave your comments below or send a letter to the editor. To contact the writer, click the byline at the top of the story.

Prev| Page: 1 2

COMMENTS

1. Jeanette Wright said... on Apr 19, 2011 at 08:54AM

“My mother is 75yrs old and on a fix income, she can't pay her monthly bills without help from me. Her roof is caving in and she can't afford to repair it and I can't afford to help her. So if there is a program that can help we both will be so grateful for any assistance you can give. Thank You!”

2. cleveland bonner said... on Sep 8, 2011 at 03:44AM

“my roof is leaking excessively,on the verge of collapsing. i have a job but the pay is so little i cant even pay my mortgage with it,have not payed last months yet and now i must fix the roof before the kitchen is destroy below.I took off from work today to bail the buckets out.”

3. denise said... on May 18, 2013 at 09:08AM

“looking for someone to repair roof -it is caving in
sleeping in living room until someone can help my family'
my sis and i have no money and brother is on ssi-can not get programs because cannot afford to change deed into our name
plumbing bad-windows out-wood floors rotten-please help”

4. Anonymous said... on Sep 2, 2013 at 09:02AM

“Can u email me with a phone# I can't access your webste. Thanx!!”

5. Dean houck said... on Oct 7, 2013 at 05:56AM

“I am 66 years old and disabled. My house needs work. My kitchen is in very very bad shape! My kitchen door is ready to fall off its Frame. My dick needs painting I don't have the money to do it! My steps to the upstairs is coming out of the wall. I do have some Foundation cracks . Floors are in bad shape in my house. I just don't have the money to do anything un able to do it witmyself! I just need help really bad”

6. Ashley Street said... on Jan 15, 2014 at 04:33PM

“"My Grandparents Are 80 plus years of age and the entire house can fall at any giving moment.I try to talk thm iunto leaving until the house is completely fixed.I try and help as much as I possible can,she has ben struggling to pay her bills and try and fix the house for decades now.The home needs to just b knocked down and started from the being.It's a three story lovely home water damaged,its very very old any wrong wind or step the house can come crashing down on there head from the third floor.she has no bathroom no anything all the pipes are busted or backed up.Ive ben searching everywhere to hopefully find some help.Please help thank you”

7. Anonymous said... on Mar 19, 2014 at 11:19PM

“Im a single dad of 2 year old twins daughters out of work i lifeguard for the city of Philadelphia for 6 years i had my own house but is many problems Roofing problems plumbing problems Electric problems so many problems I had to move back to my moms so hard living with hiv taking care of my kids and myself and the house need help Bad”

8. Anonymous said... on Mar 21, 2014 at 10:03PM

“I'm a single m other and i'm a grandmother I need plumbing done it leaks on my front porch so bad it wet in my basement bathroom is where I got black mole on the celling I need new doors I work I don't make enough money my paycheck is small please can you help me.”

9. Linda Robinson said... on Apr 14, 2014 at 09:59AM

“I have had problems keeping up with my home, for the past year, my children and I have to smell the foul smell that is coming from the hole under the toilet and my children have been sick more times than I can remember, My outlets in the dining room do not work so we have to eat dinner with little light, Please any help we can get will be very apprecited. I was told that I would have to wait another year for help from the city because they are back up, I am in college and on disability and can not afford to paid for it. Thank you foe your consideration in this matter.”

10. joanne cocchiaro said... on Jul 7, 2014 at 10:38AM

“I am almost 60 years of age. I am on ssdi low income.I need a new roof and windows .2 doors and some other repairs. Do you know how I can get some help for free. Joanne”

11. Anonymous said... on Jul 8, 2014 at 06:09PM

“Hi, my kids grandmother is in need of help with her house repairs.She is 83 old a witod now but she was married for 34 years and the house had beenthe same sent "Then".The hold roof is starting to fall down.She can barely need the water runing the light blinking the gas pupping.but the she will not give up if anybody did not have a place to stay you could always run to Ms.jonse house and all she keep on saying is she just trying to keep this house in her family”

12. teniqua said... on Jul 8, 2014 at 06:09PM

43. Anonymous said... on Jul 8, 2014 at 06:16PM

44. Anonymous said... on Jul 8, 2014 at 06:17PM

45. Anonymous said... on Jul 8, 2014 at 06:17PM

46. Anonymous said... on Jul 8, 2014 at 06:17PM

47. Anonymous said... on Jul 8, 2014 at 06:17PM

48. theresa said... on Aug 7, 2014 at 06:35PM

“after i had 3 strokes my husband left ayear ago im on a fixed income ssi i have plumbing leaks every where n elictrical problins im not sure what i can do i can nt afford repairs only my bills is there a program that can help us?”

49. Stefan Keith Howard said... on Oct 25, 2014 at 08:32PM

“I have been remotely tortured since December 2000. My home has been targeted also. I seek assistance in repairing 1419 Chew Ave.,Philadelphia,Pennsylvania, 19141.

Stefan Keith Howard
Vomitt.com”

50. Gerline Hayes said... on Nov 2, 2014 at 09:01AM

“I am in need of roof. I have a hole in my middle bed room. my front steps are falling in................. Is there help for me. I am not able to work I get public assistance till my SS come thru.”

51. Emmaline Gregory said... on Nov 6, 2014 at 09:15AM

“My husband. Is on. Socialsecerity. And there is four in our home pluswe are raising our granddaughter . And takeing care of. Our disabled. Daughter. We. Need. A ester room built on and a bathroom and our roof. Fixed,”

52. Angela Johnson said... on Nov 24, 2014 at 08:41AM

“”

53. Anonymous said... on Nov 24, 2014 at 09:00AM

“”

54. Anonymous said... on Nov 24, 2014 at 09:02AM

“”

55. Anonymous said... on Nov 26, 2014 at 09:44PM

“Really in need of someone to help fix my mother her leaky roof. Purchased her first home and the middle room and hallway is leaking badly..She does not have the money to fix it ..In need of serious help. Really will appreciate it..”

56. Anonymous said... on Nov 28, 2014 at 09:27AM

“”

57. Anonymous said... on Nov 28, 2014 at 09:50AM

“hi.I am a single mom living pay check to pay check out have been living in my house for over 18 yrs I.am.having.plumbing problems.that I can't afford & a little cosmetic work in.the inside I was 21 yrs of age when I purchased my house & I truly.think they got over on me they seen a young despite mother coming trying to put a roof over her children heads that didn't no anything but trying.to serve so I am asking please help me I.pray that you can”