Co-signing FHA loan has strings attached

REThink Real Estate

By Inman News Feed
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 8 | Posted May. 15, 2009

***

What's your opinion? Leave your comments below or send a letter to the editor. To contact the writer, click the byline at the top of the story.

Prev| Page: 1 2

COMMENTS

1. jofabian said... on Jul 4, 2009 at 06:05AM

This whole stimulus package is just part of the governments long term plan to take away the power of the people. Are we going to do something about it or be lazy and think someone else is going to do it for us? It is time for a revolution. We need to overthrow the government and take our power back. Before there is nothing we can do about it. you should check www.obamamortgage2009.blogspot.com/2009/03/obamas-ortgage-modification-do-you.html#comments”

2. loispoor said... on Jul 6, 2009 at 04:02AM

“I own a condo and have an outstanding balance of $140k, consisting of $104k primary and $36k secondary. I took the home equity to consolidate debts. At the time the property was valued at $163k but now it is valued at $134k. I'm looking to sell because i am engaged and will be moving into my fiancee's home. Check http://obamamortgage2009.blogspot.com/2009/03/obamas-mortgage-modification-do-you.html If I have a buyer who offers me within say $5-7k of the outstanding, can i agree to assume a loan on the residual and pay the bank the difference over time with interest? The same bank holds both mortgages.

3. Anonymous said... on Sep 13, 2010 at 08:14PM

“If my husband and I were to buy a house. We wanted my mom to co-sign for us. I was told that they will look at the person who makes the lowest. Is that true? We were hoping that it might increase the amount we qualified for.”

4. Anonymous said... on Apr 19, 2011 at 08:38PM

“We just purchased a home for our son in Washington DC (closing was on 4/18/2011) - purchase price was $830,000.00 - we paid cash....my son and myself are on the deed. I would like to co-sign a loan with him and get some of my cash out. He is graduating college in a month and will have job paying $40K upon graduation. Can I apply for an FHA loan of $600K as co-borrower with him...does FHA require that we each qualify for the loan or can they use my income/credit? When is the earliest that we can apply - does he have to be employed for a specific period of time before we can apply? Our LTV would be less than 75%.”

5. Anonymous said... on Apr 20, 2011 at 12:21AM

“can a person who is the co borrower who has cosigned and have their name on the deed on a FHA loan just take their name off the home without the primary knowledge or just stop paying on the loan?”

6. Anonymous said... on Sep 14, 2011 at 05:53AM

“I just purchased a home with FHA this realtionship has gone sour what are my rights as co borrower we put all the money down and are making mortgage payments?”

7. Anonymous said... on Oct 18, 2011 at 08:25PM

“Will my co-buyer be responsible for an acciedent on my property?”

8. petersmith01 said... on May 28, 2013 at 01:41AM

“Many home buyers these days are guaranteed by FHA (FHA) home loans. Is your sale house up to FHA standards? If not, you're missing out on potential buyers. Pay for your home inspection with a short term loan.”