Philly Neighborhoods: Rittenhouse

This PW video peruses the sights and sounds of a Center City neighborhood.

By Stephen Metzger
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 13 | Posted Mar. 3, 2009

Dan Ferraiolo of Di Bruno Bros. chats with Nina Stanley about the delights of the Rittenhouse neighborhood.

Photo by Stephen Metzger

Nina Stanley of MOD Worldwide leads PW on a tour of Philadelphia's ritziest Center City neighborhood -- full of coffee shops, great markets, museums and great places to get steaks. Click on the video and enjoy!

COMMENTS

1. Anonymous said... on Mar 6, 2009 at 09:58AM

“This video is pretty lame. I haven't seen anything that's new or exciting in this neighborhood. This lame host showed us spots that everyone knows about. Try again.”

2. Anonymous said... on Mar 6, 2009 at 10:06AM

“What makes this lady an expert on what's good in Philly? Di Bruno Bros.....no one knows about that place.”

3. Anonymous said... on Mar 6, 2009 at 11:38AM

“Hi! I'm moving to philly next month and I thought this was a great piece of information. At least now I know where to get a great steak and some cheese! thanks! keep them coming!

4. Anonymous said... on Mar 6, 2009 at 11:42AM

“I actually just sent this to my friend who's coming to visit - she's never been to philly before. i sent her a few videos of other neighborhoods, too. I think it had good shots of the area and was tasteful.
WAY better than any newscasters on fox and local news. come on, how painful and cheesy are those?”

5. anonymous said... on Mar 6, 2009 at 12:12PM

“great new addition to the website, hope they do this weekly! I luv all these places!!”

6. Anonymous said... on Mar 6, 2009 at 12:20PM

“Awesome video! It is definitely the kind of information you want to know about Philly. Especially with spring around the corner, Rittenhouse is one of the places to be.”

7. Anonymous said... on Mar 6, 2009 at 12:23PM

“If this chick is demonstrative of women in Philadelphia, ie: heavy set with a bad accent, I don't think I'll be moving there anytime soon.”

8. MODster said... on Mar 6, 2009 at 12:37PM

“I think you should cut the lady some slack. Yes, she showed a handful of places in Philadelphia that most Philadelphian's know about. But did you ever consider what someone unfamiliar with the town might have just learned? I think it was well done, and look forward to seeing what else they have in store for their next installment.”

9. MODster said... on Mar 6, 2009 at 12:49PM

“Secondly, Mr. "Anonymous," I'm sorry to hear that you prefer your women to look like Holocaust victims. "Heavy set?" Clearly you need to have your sight reviewed.

Oh, I may have miss-stepped. Forgive me. You must be perfect right? Yeah. You're one of those people who are completely perfect in every single way. That's why you have the right to try and break other people down. Of course. Well played. I'm confident that you are rife with psychological misgivings.”

10. Anonymous said... on Mar 6, 2009 at 01:24PM

“Strange that with all the fabulous places in Rittenhouse square they would choose The Barclay, does anyone go there besides my grandmother? What about Lacroix? Parc? Rouge? ANYWHERE but Barclay come on!”

11. Anonymous said... on Mar 6, 2009 at 01:42PM

“LOVE BP! BEST STEAK HOUSE IN THE CITY AND THE SERVICE IS AMAZING”

12. Anonymous said... on Mar 6, 2009 at 08:54PM

“"Di Bruno Bros.....no one knows about that place."

I think that's the whole point of this video; to let people know about the places they may not have already heard of.

A solid quick little informative video.”

13. Anonymous said... on Apr 21, 2009 at 12:39PM

“Everyone in Philly knows DiBruno Bros. That guy must live under a rock! DiBruno Bros is a gourmet hot spot everyone should experience once! That Dan is pretty cute too.......if nothing else stop in to see that cutie!!!!!!”