3 steps to appeal your property taxes

REThink Real Estate

By Inman News Feed
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 3 | Posted Aug. 16, 2012

Share this Story:


Contact Tara-Nicholle Nelson:
Facebook Facebook Facebook TwitterFacebook EmailFacebook Letter to the Editor

Prev| Page: 1 2
Add to favoritesAdd to Favorites PrintPrint Send to friendSend to Friend


Comments 1 - 3 of 3
Report Violation

1. Anonymous said... on Mar 21, 2013 at 05:43PM

“The Above Article is Incorrect in saying that:... the property tax is a deduction on your Federal income tax return.

Real Estate Tax is only allowed to be a deduction from your income IF YOU ITEMIZE DEDUCTIONS!!!

I, like most low to moderate income persons Cannot Itemize because, lacking sources of High expenses that IRS qualifies as Deductible; I do not have the high dollar amount of expenses to make me eligible for an Itemization. So, usually I have to use the Standard Deduction, and that does not allow a deduction for Property Real Estate Taxes.

Test it yourself by using what you can be sure your Property Tax will be for next year ( Tax Rate of 1.32% X Assessed Value = Property Tax for Year 2014), unless you file an appeal, and IF YOU WIN THE APPEAL!!!i”

Report Violation

2. Jonas Smith said... on May 14, 2014 at 11:58PM

“Genuinely good thanks, I do believe your trusty audience would probably want a great deal more blog posts of this nature maintain the good hard work.

Report Violation

3. Jonas Smith said... on Jun 6, 2014 at 06:33AM

“You can appeal or reduce your property taxes by not voting for them. Refuse to pay thieves.
RES Singapore


(HTML and URLs prohibited)