Que Sarah Sera

Forgetting Sarah Palin.

By Jeffrey Barg
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 60 | Posted Nov. 12, 2008

Que Sarah Sera

Frankly, I was ready to move on. With all the ballots cast, I would've been perfectly happy to go back to crusading against the serial comma. But as big as this election was for America, our social progress was almost eclipsed by the country's grammatical confusion.

Did you witness the election night slapstick, how anchors and pundits corrected one another over whether it was "a historic night" or "an historic night"? Stewart and Colbert actually got in a tiff about it. The problem was the TV personalities couldn't figure out if they were speaking or reading.

If you're speaking, "an historic" is acceptable, but you can't say the H: It's gotta be "an 'istoric." If you do pronounce the H, or if you're writing it down, go with "a." You wouldn't say, for example, "Someone should give Sarah Palin an hysterectomy before she spreads her devil spawn any further." You'd say "a hysterectomy." Same with "a historic."

In another shocker, the good governor herself wasn't immune to linguistic foibles leading up to the big day. Just before votes were cast Sarah Palin told Fox News' Sean Hannity she was "very excited and anxious for the 4th."

I suspect Hannity was too busy drooling to notice, but the word she probably meant was "eager," not "anxious." Unless she was trying to tell Fox News viewers she had anxiety about losing--which she didn't--she made the all too common mistake of confusing "anxious" and "eager." It's an important distinction: She was eager for Election Day; she's anxious about the impending hysterectomy she doesn't yet know we've scheduled for her.

But perhaps the most prized spoil of the election is the richest word to enter the lexicon in a long time. Like all the best neologisms, it's descriptive, it's self-explanatory and it just makes you feel so good: "Palinfreude."

Even more than reports that she didn't know Africa was a continent, it may be the best thing Sarah Palin gave us in her short, inglorious political life ... other than President-elect Obama, of course.

If only she knew what it meant, she could enjoy it too. Seems like it'd be right up the vindictive bitch's alley.

COMMENTS

1. Swannie said... on Nov 12, 2008 at 11:43AM

“You are a most pluperfect example of why most grammarian's alleys are too tight for anyone to go um er ahh anywhere but that does not explain the rampant misogyny ... so it must have been your mother that was the vindictive bitch , and you are just projecting that onto Sarah”

2. KJMontana said... on Nov 12, 2008 at 01:59PM

“According to Meriam-Webster anxious can mean: 1 : characterized by extreme uneasiness of mind or brooding fear about some contingency : worried 2 : characterized by, resulting from, or causing anxiety : worrying 3 : ARDENTLY OR EARNESTLY WISHING Sarah Palin used the word correctly. But I guess you don't like that do you? Kinda makes you look..... stupid. Doesn't it? That must be why you are so "anxious about the impending hysterectomy she doesn’t yet know we’ve scheduled for her." Why would you write something like that? Why threaten violence against this woman? Why attack the very essence of her gender by threatening to remove her ovaries and uterus? WHY?? Does she somehow threaten your masculinity? Does she threaten your livelihood? Why do you feel the need to sink so LOW? You call her a "vindictive bitch" but where is the evidence to back up that statement? Please quote your source, any source. You threaten violence against a woman for no reason other than she had the audacity to run for Vice President. I sincerely hope you don't have any daughters now and that you never do. You, and people like you, are the reason I cannot and will not support Barack Obama. ”

3. KJMontana said... on Nov 12, 2008 at 01:59PM

“According to Meriam-Webster anxious can mean: 1 : characterized by extreme uneasiness of mind or brooding fear about some contingency : worried 2 : characterized by, resulting from, or causing anxiety : worrying 3 : ARDENTLY OR EARNESTLY WISHING Sarah Palin used the word correctly. But I guess you don't like that do you? Kinda makes you look..... stupid. Doesn't it? That must be why you are so "anxious about the impending hysterectomy she doesn't yet know we've scheduled for her." Why would you write something like that? Why threaten violence against this woman? Why attack the very essence of her gender by threatening to remove her ovaries and uterus? WHY?? Does she somehow threaten your masculinity? Does she threaten your livelihood? Why do you feel the need to sink so LOW? You call her a "vindictive bitch" but where is the evidence to back up that statement? Please quote your source, any source. You threaten violence against a woman for no reason other than she had the audacity to run for Vice President. I sincerely hope you don't have any daughters now and that you never do. You, and people like you, are the reason I cannot and will not support Barack Obama.”

4. EricaLeigh said... on Nov 12, 2008 at 02:40PM

“What is with you? Sarah Palin is no more a vindictive B**** than she is the man in the moon. In fact, she's a down-to-earth person who's actually accomplished some things, like bargaining with oil companies to give profits from the harvest of natural resources directly to the people of Alaska, and negotiating with Canada to create the natural gas pipeline. Thanks to Palin's foresight, you probably will enjoy a more secure country. But I wouldn't expect a sexist jerk like you to ever admit it. I hope I haven't committed too many grammatical errors here, but if I have, I'm sure in your manly way you will point them out. By the way, I'm a doctor, and want to remind you that in the USA we don't sterilize women without their knowledge or consent. Hopefully, that doesn't change under the future administration.”

5. Regency said... on Nov 12, 2008 at 05:21PM

“Dude, you need to be given a vasectomy because your pompous man parts clearly make you a threat to women everywhere. Stay the hell away from Sarah. She actually does a job for a living. You, just talk. I've watched so many women be threatened this campaign season that I can no longer actually watch the moral and ethical gymnastics that take place on the news programs anymore. Maybe you do need a vasectomy--or a lobotomy, not that it would change much. If so, I volunteer. It's right up this particular "vindictive bitch's alley."”

6. PeterSamm said... on Nov 12, 2008 at 05:53PM

“Your mother should have had an hysterectomy before you were born.”

7. rrow said... on Nov 12, 2008 at 10:01PM

“As Sarah would say; "you are a jerk"!”

8. leslie said... on Nov 13, 2008 at 07:59PM

“Some places have a flag to note the comment being read was "offensive". This entire "column" was offensive. The "vindictive bitch" you refer to is a sitting U S Governor. You idiot. You also refer to a fabricated narrative - a story if you will - about Governonr Sarah Palin not knowing something about Africa. It turned out to be a LIE. MSNBC had to apologize for promoting this LIE. And the hysterectomy you've "scheduled" for the sitting Governor of Alaska..... That could be and should be construed as a threat to a US governor. And you ought to be arrested for such a threat. This column should NEVER be pulled. It should remain as a warning to any woman who chooses to run for public office. A warning that people like you want to keep women "In their place" so that freaks like you can run this country (the way GWB and his ilk have for all of our lives.). Yes, Women - Be Afraid of this "man" who wants to castrate you so that the only place you can be is groveling at his feet. That was it can make him "feel so good".”

9. leslie said... on Nov 13, 2008 at 08:06PM

“I can remember hearing a saying when the boyz were showing off or being bad. It must go for you, too. "I guess you haven't had any in a while."”

10. peachfish said... on Nov 14, 2008 at 11:47AM

“The most annoying thing to me was how many places I heard people say or read the word "historical." It made me want to rip out my eardrums every time.”

11. NotBlonde said... on Nov 14, 2008 at 05:33PM

“Your commentors have zero sense of humor don't they?”

12. NotGonnaSitDown said... on Nov 15, 2008 at 12:06AM

“Not Blonde: The commentors to this post don't have a sense of humor because there is NOTHING funny about threatening a woman. I suggest you wake up. Jeffrey Barg: I'll bet your mother wishes abortions were retroactive. ”

13. NotGonnaSitDown said... on Nov 15, 2008 at 12:06AM

“Not Blonde: The commentors to this post don't have a sense of humor because there is NOTHING funny about threatening a woman. I suggest you wake up. Jeffrey Barg: I'll bet your mother wishes abortions were retroactive.”

14. suzan said... on Nov 15, 2008 at 05:23PM

“Is this some sorry attempt at satire? Uh, because if it's not, the author needs to be cut loose...STAT.”

15. Your fucking mom said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 07:53AM

“Listen. The idiot masses control vocabulary. We will make the mistake so much that all the educated opinions will be washed away in a sea of spoken slang and our odd speaking and writing rules will be taught to uninterested Chinese children who don't really care about our history, plays, or teleplays.”

16. -- said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 11:57AM

“This post was like serving a steaming pile of shit on fine china. Who gives a crap if you know your vocabulary or grammar if you're going to write such misogynistic vile stuff and false stories. You obviously either hate women, and are you stupid, or did you not get the memo that it the story she did not know Africa was a continent was false, and a lie. You have just made yourself ZERO credible in everything you do and write thanks to this post.”

17. LJSNAustin said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 12:18PM

“This is sexist, misogynist GARBAGE! This "man" Barg needs to be publicly castrated then we'll see how he likes the reference.”

18. Sis said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 01:14PM

“Ahh. I see you've let your anger get in the way of doing research. Bites doesn't it, when you turn out to be the object of the ridicule you're serving up? We may need a new word for that. Bargenfreude. I like the way that rolls off the tongue. So important to a word moving into common usage, don't you think?”

19. Monarch said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 01:17PM

“Well, Jeffrey, if you are fantasizing hysterectomies for female politicians, what's OFF the table? Would you like to throw acid in women's faces? See them beheaded on Cable TV? Oh, that's right, we've already witnessed that throughout this election season with respect to Senator Clinton and Governor Palin. As an Obama supporter, you apparently feel compelled to share in the venom and salivated, like Pavlov's dog, at a chance to join in the malignancy. Given your vindictive psychiatric state, grammar really should not be your primary concern.”

20. Yer Mom said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 01:30PM

“Sick dick.”

21. kat in your hat said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 01:43PM

“SO, Jeffrey Barg thinks it's cool to joke around about...what? Kidnapping a woman and cutting out her uterus?....oooh, you really want to rip her mother power out don't you? The uterus is the heart of a woman, right? Must. cut. it. out. with. bloodied. scalpel. Jack the Ripper might have enjoyed this little male freak out of yours, but I can assure you, it aint the 1880's. You need a reality check, son. BTW, the 'Africa is a country' rumor was an elaborate hoax. It was covered by the NYT. MSNBC had to formerly apologize for covering it. Dolt.”

22. snowtiger said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 01:53PM

“Hey Barg, didn't you notice the whole "Africa" comment was a hoax? Not exactly y the shiniest coin in the fountain, are you?”

23. Sharon said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 02:10PM

“Bitch? Fantasies about giving a woman a hysterectomy? Calling her children "devil spawn?" What century are you from? That type of language and imagery comes straight out of the Salem witch trials. It's ugly, destructive, hurtful, and dangerous.”

24. American Woman said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 02:12PM

“Jeffrey Barg Thank you for your grimacing article about Gov Sara Palin - this is just the type of discrimination the Drudge Report would like to expose. Am sending it to FOX also!! The only one being vindictive here is you - just because that's the only type of woman you know, doesn't mean Gov Palin is in the same category!! The media has had an unfair bias towards Gov Palin from the beginning! You're not the first and you won't be the last. You are though in your own special category!!”

25. Hi Hat said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 02:31PM

“Jeff, First, can you be sure that Governor Palin didn't actually "mean" - anxious? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anxious Perhaps she was in fact "uneasy" or broodingly fearful that a complete fraud like Obama might actually assume the Presidency. Secondly, I wonder how "eager" you are to answer for your comments? http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eager You see, Jeff, it is important that all men choose their words carefully. We must all be willing to accept the consequences when we choose to wield our poison pens. So, if some stranger were to tap you on the shoulder and, removing the blood-thirsty scalpel from hand, force you to confront your misogyny face to face, just how eager would you be to defend yourself, mano a mano? Lastly, Jeff, is this your idea of a swell photo? (warning: graphic image) http://photos.casebook.org/displayimage.php?album=36&pos=5”

26. michelina said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 02:48PM

“Wow, You people from Philly news, you all hang out in the same garbage cans.”

27. Brenda D. Steed said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 02:55PM

“I think it is idiotic how they made mention of palin's clothes, 150,000.00 worth, what I dont like was the C word on T-Shirts and burning her ethargy over Hallowen nite. Very very disrespectful. They wouldn't do that to a guy so lay off”

28. lisa said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 03:01PM

“You are the most vile piece of shit I have seen so far. I will do everything I can to ensure that you be fired for such incredibly offensive hate speech.”

29. lisa said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 03:02PM

“excuse me- to ensure that you ARE fired. Wouldn't want to risk your wrath with my bad grammar.”

30. CatBalu said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 03:20PM

“You HAVE to be kidding with this article! The impending hysterectomy she doesn't yet know we've scheduled for her? Is this a joking matter to you or just pure woman hatred? How about we cut something off of you and see how that goes over? Enough with the Palin bashing. It has already been established that the Africa story was a contrived, inaccurate attempt to smear her some more and if you think she has had a short, inglorious political life, just wait until 2012 -- but then that is probably what this is all about -- let's trash her now so we don't have to deal with her later. How threatened are you? And I wish there was some word that I could gratuitously toss at you that is the equivalent of bitch -- a vindictive one at that. Yes, you are quite the wordsmith.”

31. pumabydesign001 said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 03:44PM

“"Seems like it’d be right up the vindictive bitch’s alley." You are a sexist piece of shit. Maybe you whould be castrated. And now that I got that out, it is clear that you are a member of the Boys' Club. Before you go around attacking women, wake up son and realize your mother is woman, your grandmother is woman, your sister is a woman, your wife is a woman or maybe your lover wants to be a woman. You would do to be more respectful and stop hating.”

32. Jan said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 04:19PM

“What is wrong with you, Jeff? What has caused you to have such a hatred and disdain for women? Mother issues? Didn't get to breast feed long enough? I'm amazed this was even published. I'm going to demand that the Philadelphia Weekly no longer publish anything from you - you are more offensive than Keith O and Chris M! ”

33. TerryDo said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 04:26PM

“ Jeffrie, when you spread your hatred to one woman you spread it to all women. I spelled you name in the feminine form because the true men in this world respect women and treat them as equals, thus you are a boy in training, who may grow up to become a man. Tell us Jeffrie Brag, did you mama take you off her breast to soon, or more than likely she wouldn't even let you near them. Only a man lacking connection with his mother, would have such a misogynist prickle. To bad legal abortion were not in vogue when you mother spawned you. Now Jeffrie, go and play with the boys and try to learn some social graces because you are way behind the eight ball, considering you don't have any. We, the women of the world want you fired!!! ”

34. Anthony said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 04:52PM

“Wow, vindictive bitch. You must have picked that up in your last semester of your journalism studies. So how is Sarah Palin vindictive anyway? Here's a better question, what has Sarah Palin done or said that makes you believe that she needs to "have a hysterectomy scheduled for her" and why does your mind even go there? She is the Governor of the state of Alaska and is very effective from accounts that anyone can read. I don't think you should attempt to mix grammatical excellence with humor in the future. You may be good at one of these, but you are foolish and ridiculous in the other.”

35. cat said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 05:15PM

“Jeffrey Barg, Samuel Johnson would be so proud of you. Like him you cling to the past, desparately trying to force an ever-changing beautiful language into the stultifying rules of an already-dead one, codifying, limiting with endless, meaningless boundaries, imposing structure where none was necessary for centuries before. Thank whatever god you pray to that Johnson came after Shakespeare and Chaucer, Christopher Marlowe, Ben Johnson, and Francis Bacon; none of whom knew how to spell Johnson's English, but all of whom are more fondly read and remembered than he (except, of course, by scholars like you and me). I know the value of grammar, but I also recognize the value of oral language, personal language, oral history. What I don't understand is someone like you. Why do you hide behind your rules and templates? Why do you pretend to care for language when what you really want to do is use your knowledge for personal attack? Further, sir, I do not understand why your mind could find only the word "hysterectomy" when there are so many fine words in our language, eg. "It would be an honor to speak to the American people in a personal and an honest way," or "It would be a horrific moment to have my daughters and son insulted by a pedant who shows off his knowledge," or "I am a mysogynist (a hater of women) who pretends that he is not." Is that pedantic enough for you? Did I put all my commas in the right place? I hope so, because I am not sure you would understand my meaning if I did not follow all of Mr. Johnson's rules. cat You may respond to me at catsden.wordpress.com, but mind your manners please. ”

36. Tillerylakelady said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 05:39PM

“ ToJeffrey Barg , You sir are an idiot! One must ask why do some men,like yourself, feel so threatened by Sarah Palin? Could it be she is smarter, more educated, better looking? Or does some one with a Vagina just make you feel threatened all together? GET A GRIP!! Why not try to devote some effort into finding the truth out about BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, instead of every waking moment of your pathetic life picking on Sarah Palin.”

37. Vindicated said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 05:41PM

“This page is going to the FBI as a Hate Crime!! This is beyond sick!! Hope you enjoy prison!! You cannot talk about people in this manner and get away with it! There will be one less woman hater on the internet! Good Riddance!”

38. Sissy said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 05:44PM

“Jeffery a boy's name very fitting for you. I have scheduled a ass whupping for you. Don't be late son or you'll get it twice.”

39. Juliette said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 06:28PM

“I will never purchase advertisement space in Philly Weekly. Misogynic Pigs don't get my business”

40. JKIR said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 07:03PM

“How many synonyms can you come up for "sick and twisted?" However many, please apply them to yourself, you mysogynist twerp.”

41. avenger said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 07:18PM

“Clearly it's YOU who has the problem, Jeffrey Barg (or should that really be 'Barf'?), not Sarah Palin. WHY in heaven's name does she scare the dickens out of you? Are you like the emasculated dummy Tucker Carlson who feels he has to cross his legs when meeting a smart, savvy, accomplished woman? Makes you feel inferior, perhaps? This sort of acerbic attacks on a woman who does not deserve such vileness reflects solely upon the attacker than the attacked. If you have no insecurities about your masculinity, you will find no need for such expressions of pathological hatred towards someone who has done nothing but run for the VP slot after having been a mayor, a governor, and still is a sitting governor, a wife and mother of five. She was also a good basketball player, a beauty contestant who found a way to get money for college. She also had the guts and fortitude to go against her own party to fight corruption in her state, and has governed Alaska as a tremendously popular executive among her consituents. Perhaps you feel threatened by her ability to be so good at practically everything she does while complaining about nothing? You can seem to do nothing more than spew your bilious hatred here in the safety of the invisible ether. The debunked 'Africa is a country' story has been addressed by others here - you can't even get your facts straight. But who cares about facts and fairness when you can always dispense ugly, bitter bile and poison with no fear of retaliation by your subject, hey? You are sorely mistaken if you think Sarah Palin had 'a short, inglorious political life.' You can only wish. Begone with you and your misogynistic drivel. Who, exactly, is the 'vindictive bitch' here, pray tell? Sounds to me like you're projecting your own vindictiveness on Sarah Palin. Look it up - that defence mechanism called 'projection'. Fits you to a tee. ”

42. Prowlster said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 07:53PM

“Seems that Mr. Barg is the victim of a PUMA prowl. Roar! Best be careful Jeffrey before all 9 million (or whatever today's made-up number is) of them overwhelm your comments section.”

43. Juliette said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 08:37PM

“Barak Obama is already making the US a Muslim Nation. I have never witnessed such vulgar and hatefull misogyny in my country. From SNL to Boston Legal MSKGB to CNN and The New York Times, stoning women is the new American past time. Get ready for the Burka women, It's coming Jan. 17th!”

44. kat in your hat said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 09:02PM

“Hey Prowlster: I guess you AGREE with Barg then? Useless.”

45. -- said... on Nov 17, 2008 at 09:43PM

“Yes, how big of you prowlster, criticizing the women here for standing up to this crap and themselves. If someone threatened to do the same to your mother, your wife, your sister, your daughter, I bet you would be the first to wave them on, and hand them the knife in the process. I am sure they feel all warm and fuzzy knowing you approve of this type of treatment of women. Or maybe you are a woman who simply doesn't have the courage to stand up for herself?”

46. Heneri said... on Nov 18, 2008 at 05:26AM

“I am much less worried about grammar and vocabulary than I am about the overt woman hating speech scattered throughout this article. The blatant disregard for women's safety, the disrespect thrown at women candidates, women in power in companies, and women in general: is appalling. Whether the word is pronounced correctly, or whether the punctuation is right, is much, much, much less important than the underlying dark attitude exhibited here. We had two qualified women running in this presidential race. Each one was from a different political philosophy. Both were trashed. Both were verbally assaulted. Both were disrespected. Both were expected to take it in stride and pretend they were big enough to take it, because, you see, to do anything less would have been unmanly. All the while, the comments became darker and darker. The attitudes became more and more disrespectful. Things said and done to these women by news people, by other candidates, and even their respective party leaders would have been unthinkable if done or even attempted to be done to a man of equal stature. Oh well! Let the weak little woman go crawl back into her hole and leave all that big job of running the government to those BBBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Men! Once she has been put into her place, they will go ahead and do the job. No interlopers allowed here! Now don't you feel better? Perhaps we should schedule the grammar king a castration and prostate-ectomy? You know, completely neuter him. Completely make him an it. While we are at it, maybe we can find some way to give him a brain transplant, hopefully with a brain that knows how to be respectful. Then maybe he can actually see that women are the equals of men and always have been. Maybe he can justify his sorry existence some other way than by bashing women gratuitously. Now..........go call your mother and say you are sorry.......beg her forgiveness..... ”

47. Ruffo said... on Nov 18, 2008 at 07:25AM

“The author of this article is a disgusting waste of human life. How would this person feel about their mother or sister or wife being spoken about in this disrespectful way? Men who speak like this in my opinion are so busy trying to pump up their manly feelings that they feel the need to put women down to feel better about their own insufficiencies. Women are treated so poorly in this society that some editor somewhere felt it was okay to publish this trash. I guess when you have no writing talents, they let you work at Philadelphia Weekly magazine.”

48. Jean said... on Nov 18, 2008 at 09:59AM

“Whoever is the editor of this attack piece should be ashamed. Obviously Jeff is not in control of himself and should be watched closely.”

49. wgailmor said... on Nov 18, 2008 at 10:19AM

“Does everybody here have rabies?”

50. Kittyluv said... on Nov 18, 2008 at 01:51PM

“This is the most vendictive piece of crap ever written and this person calls himself a journalist. This is much to stupid to address like the writer. This idiot need Fired!!!!!!!!”

51. vtoc said... on Nov 18, 2008 at 02:17PM

“Is there any reason whatsoever for this article to have been foisted upon the public. How vulgar, the last thing we need in this country right now. Shame.”

52. travsmom said... on Nov 18, 2008 at 03:22PM

“What a hateful piece of filth. How in the world do you - or more importantly the editors of this "publication" - believe this is journalism, satire or anything other than nastiness and hatred? You have some real issues with women. I hope others don't treat you - or talk to you - in the manner you have expressed in this "article." Shame on you.”

53. travsmom said... on Nov 18, 2008 at 03:51PM

“Is this the "change" we've been waiting for?”

54. anna said... on Nov 18, 2008 at 08:05PM

“jeffrey barg seems to use as sources the famous source that does not exist (see New York Times within the last few days for details). the article is full of hate speech against women. would he think it is funny to schedule a castration for him? we won't, but he needs to go. this is not journalism.”

55. JG said... on Nov 18, 2008 at 08:53PM

“Please stop using your little bully pulpit to punish Sarah Palin for every real and imaginary humiliation inflicted on you by your mother, your ex-girlfriend and the women you can't get. This Palinophobia is pathological. And deeply offensive. ”

56. lenni_lenape said... on Nov 20, 2008 at 05:23AM

“At least he got the Sean part right. "I suspect Hannity was too busy drooling to notice,..." Sean looked like a little school kid who is sitting with his childhood idol. What an asshole.”

57. Tonia said... on Nov 20, 2008 at 03:32PM

“I can appreciate wanting more Americans to speak proper English, but your piece is absolutely classless. I'm sure you think yourself to be enlightened, but you've only proven you're a fool. Your little hate-filled rant has no place in journalism. Get a life and get a heart.”

58. morninmist said... on Nov 22, 2008 at 06:41AM

“Obama and his supporters have unleased lots vile crapola. This article is right up there at the top of cesspool crap”

59. phyllis nasta said... on Nov 22, 2008 at 05:26PM

“Thank you - you said it all. She is a menace, thankfully now retired from national politics. She is a walking advertisement for birth control and , I believe, a perfect example of manic disorder. But then again, the Republicans elected an alcoholic the last two times ~ what is to prevent them from electing a raving maniac. ”

60. phyllis nasta said... on Jun 17, 2009 at 12:28AM

“my name is used in the above foul mouthed quote but I did not ever write that. Is it possible to remove it? I don't ever want to be identified with that kind of low level commentary. It's the one listed as number 1, but obviously it truly belongs to number 36. i would appreciate it if someone could remove this.
thanks”