Lower Merion Order To Deactivate Webcams

By PW Staff
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 0 | Posted Feb. 23, 2010

Share this Story:

KYW 1060 reports that Lower Merion schools have been ordered to preserve evidence in the webcam spy case: "Attorney Mark Haltzman, who represents 15-year-old Blake Robbins, says the agreement is a win for the students and for the parents of the district: "As everybody said all along, this never should have been done to begin with. I think the school district admits in its own press releases admits that it was wrong, it shouldn't have been doing this, certainly without some notice, consent, informed consent of the parents that this was something that could be done." The order calls for the district to deactivate web cams on the laptops, even though the district did that voluntarily last week. It also bans the district from installing any new software or updating software that would destroy evidence on laptops. KYW's Paul Kurtz reports parents will have an opportunity to talk about the laptop issue with the superintendent of the Lower Merion School District on Tuesday night.
 

Add to favoritesAdd to Favorites PrintPrint Send to friendSend to Friend

COMMENTS

ADD COMMENT

Rate:
(HTML and URLs prohibited)

Related Content

Webcamgate: Creepier Than You Thought
By Randy LoBasso

School officials at the center of Webcamgate allegedly spied on Lower Merion students in virtually every way possible, and apparently there are thousands of pictures to prove it.

RELATED: Lower Merion Webcam Case In Court Today Lower Merion Official Denies Webcam Wrongdoing The Other Arlen Specter Webcamgate: Blame the Student