Philadelphia Man Seeks Answers 44 Years After Witnessing Brother's Foster-Care Death

By Tara Murtha
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 106 | Posted May. 11, 2011

“Within a week of our initial interactions, [Byrne] calls me again and has the court records,” Stecker says. “[Now] all of a sudden arrest records are found, court records found. I’m excited. Finally.”

Stecker holds up his cell phone to show the record of the call from Byrne. “I literally found the outcome of [Bedford’s] case out yesterday,” he says. “Tuesday, April 25, 2011, 10:18 a.m.”

Byrne “told me several things I didn’t already know,” says Stecker. “He told me that [Bedford] never went before trial … which would explain why the court itself couldn’t find records. [Byrne] only found the investigation records. It was presented before the court, but her attorney kept having it postponed.”

“Every time after that it was that she was mentally unfit to stand trial. She never appeared in court again, he couldn’t find where she was remanded to psychiatric treatment by the court.”

One of the last articles covering the case states that on March 4, 1967, Lillian Bedford was sent to Norristown State Hospital by order of Judge Stanley M. Greenberg. The hospital can’t, of course, confirm patients’ records due to federal law.

“Charles can’t obtain the records,” says D.A. spokeswoman Tasha Jamerson. “I know that Detective Byrne read him information over the phone but as for physically obtaining the records, that’s not something anybody can do.”

Byrne confirmed for Stecker that Lillian Bedford died on Jan. 2, 1998.

About the outcome: “It is what it is,” Stecker sighs. “All my life I had been told nothing ever happened to [Lillian Bedford], but I never fully believed it. It wasn’t a shock, I don’t have any animosity—she’s passed away. It was a bit of closure at least, finally hearing it directly from someone who saw the record. Now I know for sure.”

Now for the other puzzle piece: finding out how he and his brother ended up in Bedford’s care. Between the bits of documentation he obtained and his mother’s and father’s accounts, Stecker has tried to piece together his past, but his parents, who divorced shortly after Eddie’s death, offer conflicting versions of many events.

Stecker was born in now-demolished Naval Hospital Philadelphia in 1962, the first-born son of 21-year-old Marie Stecker (now Smith). His mother had a troubled childhood: Her parents died when she was 9 years old, then her grandmother died when she was 12. She was adopted by an aunt. “My life went downhill after that,” says Smith, 70, from her home in Virginia. Smith grew up in the Strawberry Mansion section of the city down the street from Stecker’s father and namesake, Charles Joseph Stecker Sr. After running away and spending the better part of her teen years in a school for troubled girls, she married Stecker. He was a cook with the Coast Guard.

Right away they had Charles. Two years later, Edward [Eddie] John was born, followed by a baby girl named Donna. Paging through the Stecker family baby books, you wouldn’t guess the tragic turn their lives would take. The penmanship looks like a teenager’s lopsided scrawl. “Charlie, Jr. loves his brother Eddie very much. He especially likes to hold him with my help of course,” wrote a then 23-year-old Smith on a page reserved for her son’s “Year Two” milestone. Smith diligently recorded details such as the child’s favorite vegetables and first attempts at standing up. The book reads like the record of an attentive, loving mother.

“It seems that way, doesn’t it?” says Stecker, staring at the page. “I don’t know, maybe she was trying then.”

But the book, like the rest of the documents, doesn’t tell the whole story.

“By the time I was a year old, my [birth] mom had fractured my skull. By the time I was 2, she had knocked out a few teeth,” says Stecker. Under a page titled ‘Illnesses’ there are three fractured skull entries. “Fell out of crib on head” is marked 4/63, “clumsiness” is marked 11/65. A third entry in different ink says “fell.”

Stecker believes the city intervened. “DHS got involved because the Navy hospital caught the fact that I was coming back [to the hospital with injuries] routinely,” he says.

His mother insists it didn’t happen that way; that he shouldn’t believe what the papers say because they never talked to her. “He thinks the state took him, no they did not,” counters Smith, who says she signed him over voluntarily, though she accuses her ex-husband of tricking her into giving up custody of her first-born son.

“They put a paper in front of me and my ex-husband had already signed it,” says Smith. “I didn’t think to ask, ‘what’s this I’m signing?’ I signed my son over.”

“They said something about abuse, I said fine,” she adds. “Then it just snowballed after that.”

Smith denies beating her son. “There was an accident that happened and yes he was hurt,” she says over the phone. “Chuck had fallen and to this day I cannot remember what happened.”

While Smith denies specific allegations of abuse, she will admit to the possibility of physical abuse in general terms—with the caveat that she wasn’t alone.

Prev| Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 |Next

COMMENTS

1. Anonymous said... on May 11, 2011 at 08:08AM

“The accounts of this families life leaves a person almost speechless.This is a tragic and heartbreaking story. I truly hope your questions are answered Mr. Stecker, I hope Mayor Nutter can help you perhaps. Your strength and endurance is immeasurable and commendable. So very sorry for all you and your siblings have gone through.”

2. LYNN PICCIANO said... on May 11, 2011 at 08:26AM

“First I 'd like to say I am so sorry for these children having to endure such atrocities at the hands of those they depend and trust. They don't ask to be brought into this world. Then the further ignorance and abuse of yet others that are being paid from your tax dollars and now monies from the social security fund to pay these abusers and those entities that hire them. Here is a perfect example of the negligence on the part of paid resources. While there are a few good caretakers, shows of somebody doing their job, imagine if all those employed with this duty did the same. Just imagine the wonders. sadly, I know of animals that tend to their young and others better than these paid individuals. It's all about lazy and don't want to work for those monies they earn. Those caring individuals in the system get fired if they open their mouths or defend the right thing to do! there needs to be a major overall and hire all those fired individuals-putting them in the supervisors seat.”

3. Lynn Picciano said... on May 11, 2011 at 08:45AM

“conti.~might I sadly have to report that now this entity has run amuck across our glorious United States and has become a Legal Kidnapping ring~abused children are still getting neglected and abused, and now they've gone rampant with those that arent for the gratuities[incentives] they receive from the social security fund for kids taken into to the system. Judges are abusing their position, innocent, loving families are being torn apart, our liberties and rights are being ignored, as if the don't even exist! i used to be ignorant to these people and say "oh no~not here in america~never, we have rights" However I've since learned that those rights are being ignored. they only go after the poor, who can't afford to pay to defend and hire atty. Statistics in one state had last yr a 100% reunification rate; this yr is at a 82% adoption rate, with the yr. not even over yet. This is scary folks.
please refer to Danieal Kelly story, the depth of the funds and negligence on part of this syst”

4. Mother of The Feltonville Four said... on May 11, 2011 at 08:56AM

“Hey Charles, May God continue to bless and use you to do good in this world. I wish their were more people out in the world like you, may we could all have lived a better life. Your enthusiasm and your kindness has motivated me also. The day I stood out there with you in front of DHS building for lil Eddie and we chatted, something enlighten in me. As much as I want to hate DHS and the Judge for malpractice and corruption, I now have in my heart to forgive them but not forgetting how they illegally came in and destroyed me and my family. I thank God that I was able to be come your friend, although my incident is still fresh and painful I have to learn to move pass the pain to get to the joy. I will always warn others and expose as much as I can what they are doing, but to have hate for another human being or no natural effection just isn't in my body. I hate what they did to me and my family , but I still pray for them and ask God to forgive them. God Bless You Always Friend!!!!”

5. Christie Dill said... on May 11, 2011 at 09:01AM

“Another child died in this home under this foster mother's care, like a year before! How can children be tossed aside and overlooked? So sorry for Chahlie, Eddie, and your sister! Chahlie has dedicated his iife to becoming a voice for Eddie and all the little children. He deserves these answers. The people involved are too ashamed of how they "didn't handle" it. WHY???? WHY??? WHY???? Give him answers! Why were these children overlooked?”

6. Rose M Fagan said... on May 11, 2011 at 09:27AM

“God bless you, Chahlie, for the tireless work you are doing. I hope you find the answers, so you can be at peace. It's very unfortunate that you and your brother endured the horrific abuse, and that many other children have to endure the same. Keep the faith and keep up the good work you are dedicated to do, for the countless children, who might otherwise fall between the cracks.”

7. Shygirlatfirst said... on May 11, 2011 at 11:30AM

“I think once again the system failed these kids! DHS are supposed to take children outside the home to provide safety to these children but still and all things like this happen.”

8. pannapacker said... on May 11, 2011 at 11:41AM

“Horrible. The poor, helpless children tossed into this horrible situation made by selfish adults who weren't screened properly. Appalling that a medical report on proable cause of abuse was ignored. Was the examiner too jaded that day?? Only one person signed off on the report and no supervisary oversight?? Shocking and revolting!

9. Rich said... on May 11, 2011 at 12:06PM

“I know "Chahlie" personally and I know how passionate he is about seeking justice for his own brother and other victims of abuse and also speaking out to prevent the abuse of children, whether physical, sexual, emotional or otherwise. In spite of watching the horrifying beating death of his younger brother at just 4 years-old, Chahlie has turned out to a world-class advocate in the fight to prevent other children from being victimized. For this and for being the man he is today, I respect him and I thank him for his courage in telling his story. "Little Eddie" deserves justice! All children of abuse deserve justice. Way to go, Chahlie!
www.Victims4Justice.org”

10. Diane Bruno said... on May 11, 2011 at 12:36PM

“God Bless you Chahlie, your fight is effortless. There should be more people in this world like you. YOU are/will be making such a difference in the way the foster system handles finding proper homes for these children..
There will be less deaths (hopefully none) and abuse because of YOU!!
These children now will have the chance to live happy lives..
I hope you find all your answers so you may finally be at peace, it's long overdue..
I am so so sorry for what you, Donna and Eddie had to go through, your childhood years should have been your best and that was taken away from you all..this just breaks my heart!
You changing people Chahlie, I know you made a difference in my life in this short time I've known you...I promise you I will do whatever I can to help you, you can count on me anytime!!”

11. donna said... on May 11, 2011 at 01:40PM

“I'm the Donna in this article. I did not want my name on here. But, I guess what I said means nothing. This is a tragedy. Unfortunately, child abuse will never end. Its sad, but, true. I've had a life of living Hell. But, I choose not 2 expose it. Everyone heals in different ways. Btw, my phonenumbers were given 2 reporter without my okay. So, when reporter called me, I was shocked. I told her I did not want 2 be involved. But, yet again, that meant nothing. I may sound heartless. But, I'm not. Just tired of the past haunting me. Please leave ur nasty comments 2 urself. R.I.P. Eddie. Ur Sister, Donna”

12. Anonymous said... on May 11, 2011 at 03:41PM

“To Donna: I understand and don't think you're "heartless." Everyone has different ways of dealing with things and you certainly deserve the right to move on with your life without being constantly reminded of your past. As children, we have little or no choice as to what happens to us, what we have to go through. As adults, we have the opportunity to avoid/leave situations that make us uncomfortable, including revisiting our personal histories if that causes pain. You have the right to live your life in peace. May your future be brighter than your past. Take care.”

13. Donna said... on May 11, 2011 at 03:59PM

“Post #16 Thanks Alot. Post #15 Actions Speak Louder Than Words. I'm Not Going 2 Be Mean. Have A Good Day!”

14. chevelle70 said... on May 11, 2011 at 08:12PM

“Good Luck Charlie, I wish you all the best and I hope that many start to help in your search for answers, Seems like you finally were able to find some people to help you, good for that det. that helped you.”

15. lynn picciano said... on May 11, 2011 at 09:24PM

“Chah-we love you and support ur efforts and thank you for those lives you've saved and enlightened through this travesty. At the very precious age of 4, you had no say or part in, but for the fact of being born! It's not ur fault that someone deemed your parents undeserving, nor fit to tend to their childrens needs. Its not ur fault that the truth hurts-couldn't be half as painful as having been there and endured further physical mental, and emotional abuse. but for the fact of ur telling of your brother Eddie-it's seemingly apparent,there'd be no one caring enough as you to "not let this rest without resolution ", and further help not only those being abused, but help the abusers as well-to help make for a fundamental family unit, as you felt should of been provided to ur family. either way it was deemed for the safety all of you to be removed- ur voluntary efforts are priceless and limitless, you've done more than those who get paid for and supposed to be doing what u do for free.”

16. Joni Caring said... on May 11, 2011 at 09:26PM

“Charlie !!!! Every time I read this I get sick I am so glad you are so strong to try to get to the bottom of this it is so said that no one is helled acountable for his death she should have be put to death just sad!! if you ever need any thing or I can help with anything just let me know when ever and I hope you find peace and truth like you so should have already....”

17. Donna said... on May 11, 2011 at 10:44PM

“2 My Brother Eddie: U Suffered A Tragic Death. We R So Sorry U Had 2 Endure The Pain U Did. One Day We Will Reunite. Ur Thought Of Everyday. We Know Ur Surrounded By Angels. Ur Family Down Here Loves U Very Much. God Bless U Eddie! Love Ur Little Sister, Donna”

18. Donna (SISTER) said... on May 11, 2011 at 11:32PM

“The saddest deaths are the kinds that could have been avoided. The kinds that happen to people with their entire lives ahead of them. You were too young. RIP <3”

19. Bonnie said... on May 12, 2011 at 03:06AM

“Chahlie, I've only met you over the net, facebook, and because of your story, but I'm so thankful for you! You are a great role model for other men of God and for all who've been abused. Your quiet strength reminds me of another Christian hero --- Tony Dungy. Never stop being a voice for the voiceless for you walk in great strength and love because of God!

I'm sorry you miss Eddie. I'm sorry you couldn't ease his suffering or save him, but we know a great God who has him, and that one day, you'll see him again! God bless you forever!”

20. Anonymous said... on May 12, 2011 at 03:32AM

“Donna and Biological Mother, it sounds like neither of you has any love or compassion for Chahlie, and that's really too sad. If you'd healed from the abuse and whatever else you'd suffered, you wouldn't sound so bitter and hateful, Donna, and so cold-hearted and angry, Bio Mother. My words will most likely make you angry, but goodness, they're true. I pray you find peace, forgiveness, and love in the Only One Who can give that to both of you.

Btw, either or both of you can create your own page for Eddie...”

21. Donna said... on May 12, 2011 at 08:51AM

“Post #23 - U have no clue about my life. I will Be polite. Chuck has the right 2 do what he's doing. Their has been bad blood since we were kids. I'm not downing nor saying anything not true. Maybe u need 2 get both sides of the story. And stop judging me. Have a good day!”

22. LeeAnn darden said... on May 12, 2011 at 12:10PM

“I know Chahlie and I commend him for this. It can't be easy for him to do this as doors are continualy slammed in his face. I hope and pray that justice will be served for him and eddie, no child or adult should have to endure what they have. Chahlie speaks from his heart and is always there whenever needed,he truely is a great friendand I am blessed and thankful that I know him.”

23. Anonymous said... on May 12, 2011 at 01:43PM

“Everyone - even you - judges things and people all day long every day. To say, "stop judging me" is ludicrous for we all judge and must do so. We are to judge and discern what is good and pure, honorable and just - and what is not.”

24. Donna said... on May 12, 2011 at 07:15PM

“Out of respect for both my brothers, can we keep negative comments to yourselves? This is supposed to be letting the people know how the system failed, and getting answers. I am sorry for anything negative I may have posted. Ty, Eddie's Little Sister, Donna Stecker”

25. John Bennett said... on May 13, 2011 at 08:39AM

“Chahlie that is so sad,I can't imagine the emotional pain you experince.Justice will be served in the eyes of the lord.Your story is heartbreaking its so sad.Hang in there,Don't give up your quest,whatever you do.”

26. Anonymous said... on May 13, 2011 at 09:22AM

“Chahlie is doing the right thing, unlike someothers. This story needs to be told & Eddie needs Justice.”

27. LS said... on May 14, 2011 at 11:48AM

“Absolutley heartbreaking and am so proud this man came forward with this story. Unfortunately, 5 children die each day in this country from abuse. How can we help the world when we aren't taking care of those in our own back yard? Please help this cause by visiting www.childrenWithoutaVoiceUSA.org and become a child advocate today!!”

28. LYNN PICCIANO said... on May 14, 2011 at 11:59AM

“WHAT?? NO "LIKE" BUTTON?
@34 & 35- SWEETIE, I like the last lines of ur comments and that's what its about. and my email address is momz.kidz@yahoo.com, if ya feel a venting need-so we keep on track just as you said. I know theres that thin line btwn love and hate, however, if its any consolation~ur brother has never personally, to me~spoken ill of you or any one in any such a manner that would be degrading. that would defeat his mission and cause, and whats in his heart is to make not just the system better, but the family unit before there's a need for that system.
it's sorta like when ur dealt lemons they say-make lemonade. well, this is the Steckerade! ~Be at peace~Bless our Families, in todays times and our govt.s determination to assassinate it we need to stick together. All of us PEOPLE! I”

29. bonnie said... on May 14, 2011 at 12:17PM

“well said, Lynn! (I was looking for the "like" button, too!)

Steckerade! That's good!”

30. Donna said... on May 14, 2011 at 04:06PM

“I hope my brother finds the answers he's looking 4. Child Abuse is a horrible thing. Abuse of any kind is horrible. I know, I've lived it. Luckily, I got away from it. I do not speak out about it. Because 4 me it hurts 2 bring back those memories. Keep the fight going. Donna”

31. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 14, 2011 at 06:00PM

“A friend asked me...
"Where is God and His Love when a child is being abused?"...
Here is my input...

We child abuse survivors and witnesses get angry with God because we see Him as the only one able to stop the abuse, but really it was the people in our lives who let us down, not God. I believe that God grieved mightily, with tears streaming down His face, as He saw us being harmed. I also believe that He became angry with the adults in our lives who ignored His instruction in the Bible to protect and love the children.

32. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 14, 2011 at 06:01PM

“I don’t believe that it is God’s responsibility to protect our children — It is our responsibility to protect the children He puts in our care. I protect my child because I love her. I was not protected because I was not loved by some of those whose care I was placed in. That’s a choice of men, not of God. God's desire is that we all would love each other with His love. He offers us this opportunity in many ways including our children because God continues to have Hope that His love will prevail in our lives.

Despite all of that I witnessed and survived, God made me strong and gave me the gift of dissociation to enable me to survive the abuse. God is the only one who helped me — my parents and the foster mother who murdered my brother sure didn’t. God was present in the foster homes, counselors, and people who took me under their wings and gave me love.”

33. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 14, 2011 at 06:02PM

“God has also taken something as horrible as our abuse and brought lots of good and beauty out of it. Because I survived it, I know that others can survive it, too. Because I am healing, I know that others can heal, and I encourage them as they heal.

No, I would never choose to experience abuse or for anyone else to experience it, and this is why I take my responsibility seriously in helping any child abuse survivor that I can. I am also active in helping change society to protect children. In addition God has given me the vision to seek the abusers and offer them FREE help to Stop their abusive ways. I believe that is how God works — through people caring enough to make a difference and show His love through our actions.”

34. Kim said... on May 14, 2011 at 08:08PM

“Keep up the fantastic work Chuck...I am soooo sorry about your past and what you witnessed. Believe. God is there for you , and will ALWAYS be with you. Someday we all have to answer to Our Lord..I pray for you and for those that have encountered ordeals like yours. Stay strong for Eddie!!”

35. Heather Papenfuss said... on May 14, 2011 at 10:33PM

“Wow, amazing you made it out of that home. I am sorry for your pain Chahlie I hope that you find peace and continue to help the kids stuck in the busted system. You are an angel to many. A vision of courage & Strength. God's Blessings, Peace & Love”

36. LELA WARNER said... on May 14, 2011 at 11:35PM

“cHARLIE,MY HEART ACHES FOR YOU, AND FOR YOUR LITTLE BROTHER WHO WAS MURDERED,WHY THE WELFARE HAS NO RECORD IS NOTHING BUT A COVER UP.The same was done with my records of abuse in foster care in missouri. then as history repeats itself my great grandson was beat to death in wichita,kansas about a year ago. the welfare had been involved in that case all along.Charlie i am so sorry for you. i wish i could help you in some way. god be with you always. lela”

37. carol said... on May 15, 2011 at 12:02PM

“They gave this murderer another child to kill. Unbelievable.. God bless you Chahlie, I hope you get all of the pieces your looking for....”

38. very upset said... on May 16, 2011 at 02:26AM

“no matter how old the case maybe someone should do the job and find her and punish her this she not be swept under the rug make her pay”

39. Anonymous said... on May 16, 2011 at 09:01AM

“Advocates everywhere have haters and accusations it is sad but a fact.
Instead of tearing down progress and scrutinizing motives we must look at evidence.
Is he helping making progress and bringing awareness? YES in Chahlies case.
This being said I wish you Gods speed in your endeavors.
Keep Striving and Thriving
Thrivers Unite”

40. Sheila Concitis said... on May 16, 2011 at 02:45PM

“I am the younger sister of Charles Stecker. This family has dynamics you can't even come close to understanding. My mother did have a troubled childhood. After the death of her mother when she was only 9 yrs old things became very bad for her. She was sent to live with family who then abused her and put her in a home. As she grew older (with no guidance) she met and married a Charles Stecker Sr. He proved to not be a good man. Leaving her with 3 young children to raise. This story can go on and on. My mother is now 70 yrs old. She raised, completely on her own 3 children. Myself - Sheila Concitis, my brother - John Concitis - and my nephew Joseph. My brother John and I have wonderful lives and my nephew Joe just graduated college. There are 3 children who were not raised by Marie Smith. Charles Stecker Jr., Edward Stecker and Donna Stecker. These 3 children were raised by the city of Philadelphia. Eddie is now dead, Chuck and Donna have severe emotional problems.........”

41. Sheila Concitis said... on May 16, 2011 at 03:00PM

“It seems Anonymous is not proud of what he/she has to say or they would reveal themselves. Or maybe anonymous is Chuck, playing his games again. And while I'm at it. I love my sister Donna, we've never had any problems over the years, but I can't keep living this over and over again. My life has gone on and has become something to be proud of as well as my brother John's. THANK YOU MOM (MARIE SMITH) FOR RAISING US.”

42. Cheryl Slatinsky said... on May 16, 2011 at 03:31PM

“I am the grandaughter to the biological Mother of Edward Stecker, Marie Smith. I am about to be 25 and have often asked questions and done my own research into this case also. In high school I had a deep interest in having my family come back together and move past all of this drama.While doing so, I have learned just how ridiculous certain things are when it comes to Chuck (brother of Edward Stecker). When we first found him on Myspace, as he put it "he was hiding out" because he was worried his father would sue him for taking money from his company. We didnt have a phone number or address for him at the time. I had always told my family that what had transpired in the past had nothing to do with me or the younger generation in our family, so I tried to mend things, even learning of what he had done to Sheila Concitis, my mother.”

43. Cheryl Slatinsky said... on May 16, 2011 at 03:46PM

“cont...of my life. My brother and I would often spend time at her house with her for the weekend when we all lived in Philly. At that time she was taking care of my cousin, (My Aunt Donnas Son), she raised him since he was an infant and he just graduated college this past week. She took us to church, she lived across the street from a corner convenience store and would often take us for candy and such. I guess my point is, my Nanabell isnt a terrible woman like Chuck makes her out to be, she is wonderful in my eyes :). This man that so many people are praising is fake, why would he be on facebook asking for people to send him money to go to a convention he didnt even attend? Please do not fall for it people, take it from a niece who already fell for the BS. I hope my family finds peace eventually, there is no need to continually bring this up. It is what it is, that woman killed my uncle but Chuck puts my grandmother on trial as if she did it. She had more children after my Uncle...”

44. Cheryl Slatinsky said... on May 16, 2011 at 03:53PM

“cont....Eddies murder and they were completely raised by her their entire lives and have been very successful and have always been there for their children, while on the other hand Chuck's daughter doesnt want anything to do with him. Things in this article do not add up, and the one who wrote it should have researched a bit more instead of going off of Chuck's word. Its funny how I called her to let her know i learned of this article and she gladly gave me the website to read the entire thing, however now I havent gotten a response from her even after leaving 2 voice messages. Anyone who has questions or a problem may cheerfully look me up on facebook at Cheryl Slatinsky and send me a message. Love you Mom and Nanabell, Rest in Paradise Uncle Eddie.”

45. Donna said... on May 16, 2011 at 07:45PM

“Nobody is trashing Edward John Stecker. We love him, and we respect him. RIP Eddie. He's deceased as of 2/28/67.”

46. Donna said... on May 16, 2011 at 09:57PM

“This is meant for Chuck Only: BREAKING NEWS!! ..The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get the Hell Over It. Any complaints about how we operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-wah with Dr. Sniffle Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin. If you like this, repost If you don't, suck it up Buttercup, life doesn't revolve around you...!

47. Renee - President Baby James Foundation said... on May 16, 2011 at 10:48PM

“I met Charles when he spoke in Chicago IL on April 2nd at our Child Abuse Rally and Vigil. I as well as my son and husband became close to Charles. I commend him for what he is doing. As shown here people will do what they have to do to try to get the victim to back down. Keep up the fight Charles we are here to support you.

@ Donna pitty train? I am sorry I see no one wanting pitty I see an advocate fighting strong for children of abuse. May God bless you all.”

48. Annie143 said... on May 16, 2011 at 11:23PM

“What a sad commentary on something that was such a tragedy. There is so much hate to go around in this family, it is breathtaking.
I don't know Chahlie but, hopefully, he can bring something good to the fight against child abuse, get people motivated to do something about it, keeping the memory of his little brother alive.
If he has done the things to the family that you say, he will be judged someday when he comes before his maker.
You should be trying to work together to fight child abuse. He may have banned you from the FB page because of your negative comments. He has that right. Start another one.
It is a shame you all can't work for the same cause, after all, the 3 of you were abandoned by your parents and left to fend for yourselves, for however they may have redeemed themselves in later years...cont...”

49. Annie143 said... on May 16, 2011 at 11:31PM

“So, their obviously is hurt and a great deal of anger there. Donna, apparantly you suffered child abuse. You say you have. Chahlie was forced to witness the brutal murder of his little brother and his own traumatic injuries. None of your lives has been a bed of roses from being born to the parents that created you and they failed to protect you. That is a fact.
I was not an especially good mother, not brutal, I just had my own issues. I am one heck of a grandmother and I adore all children and fight very hard for them in my own way. Having said that, it doesn't change the fact that I didn't give my own children the attention and love that they deserved and they remind me off it sometimes......and it hurts. But it is truth.
I will keep you all in my prayers and pray that little Eddie did not die in vain. God bless you.”

50. Annie143 said... on May 16, 2011 at 11:34PM

“I wanted to add, so what if Chahlie makes some money off the story. If he brings attention to the tragedies of child abuse and gets people fired up to work for new laws, he has done a good thing.”

51. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 16, 2011 at 11:35PM

“I am the Chahlie, Charles, Chuck, Chuckie or whatever other derivative of my name that is being used here.

The purpose for the article was not to Bash or Put Down anyone. The real basis for the article was to first expose the fact that a lot of Mystery which intrigued me my entire life surrounds my brother's death. That records that I was told didn't exist actually did and do. That my many years on the Lone Quest to Seek The Truth are finally coming to fruition. And finally to get those Records so that I may have Peace of Mind if that's possible and Report, Facts not Fiction.

Along the way some things were exposed inevitably and have dredged up old memories and pains for members of my birth family.

It was never my intention to purposely cause any Suffering. That being said I've lived with the painful memories of a Stolen Childhood and have been Silent for way to long. A day doesn't go by where I don't read an Article or Hear a News Story where another Child isn't being Hurt. cont.>”

52. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 16, 2011 at 11:47PM

“or even worse Murdered. Each time I've come across those unfortunate reports I've found myself saying, What If?

What If I had started to share my life experiences years ago? What If my story and ability to Beat The Odds could help someone? What if my Silence caused one of these News Stories?

Well 5 years ago I started for the first time exposing the story via MySpace and came under the same attack that unfortunately many of you have witnessed here. I Backed Off and Silenced myself again. Much to my chagrin I've only watched this Pandemic of CHILD ABUSE grow Globally since then and felt helpless in my Silence to do anything.

I decided 3 years ago that I WILL Stand Up, I WILL No Longer Be SILENCED. I WILL Make a Positive Change and I WILL Do ALL I can to End Child Abuse. With that began my quest which led to this article.

My intention for exposing My Story was NOT to seek pity or Monetary gain but rather to Validate that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Child Abuse...”

53. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 17, 2011 at 12:07AM

“I didn't read a book or study it in school I have No Degree. What I do have though is My life story and my memories. I have Healed Wounds that are now Softened Scars.

I have the Ability and Desire to Help Others who have been affected by Child Abuse in any way and Will Successfully do so. My Childhood Story compared to where I am today in my adult life are 180 degrees from each other.

Yes I've made mistakes along the way in life. Some of the accusations that are being made here in the comments by those who say they are my family do have a level of Truth to them but are grossly over exaggerated and in some instances out and out Lies.

I will Not Stoop to their level and treat them as unjustly as they are me. For that IS NOT the reason I am on this Quest Called LIFE.

I believe that GOD as I understand HIM has had His Divine Hand on me and has protected from my enemies inclusive of myself at times. I believe I was Spared and Allowed to come out Not Mentally Incapacitated ...”

54. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 17, 2011 at 12:22AM

“because He had a Higher calling for my life which I have a responsibility to fulfill.

That Quest shall come to pass and.."Chahlie's Angel". Will be an organization that Will Memorialize My Brother's Memory while Bringing POSITIVE Change to a Negative World offering A Haven of Hope for ALL whose lives have been affected by Child Abuse in its many forms through Non-Judgmental Unconditional Love along with Powerful Life Changes through Accountability, Personal Interaction, and Mutual Respect for Everyone.

If along the way the organization provides me the ability to keep a roof over my head, food in my mouth, clothes on my back, and the finances to live while I help my daughter and others, I ask is that So Wrong?

Making CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION & AWARENESS is My Life's Mission and Will Be My Full Time Ministry. With that I am assured that GOD Will provide ALL of my needs and give me the Abundance to assist others.

Despite the Attacks Li'l Eddie's Memory and Legacy Will Live On and ...”

55. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 17, 2011 at 01:32AM

“27. Donna said... on May 12, 2011 at 07:15PM

56. Donna said... on May 17, 2011 at 01:33AM

“I have God before me, Jesus beside me, the Holy Ghost within me and angels around me. Who or what shall I fear?”

57. Anonymous said... on May 17, 2011 at 02:29AM

“Wow, a movie deal in the works?? You do work fast...”

58. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 17, 2011 at 10:33PM

“This is Chahlie... and I would like to discuss how, "Chahlie's Angel" can begin it's Mission of Ending CHILD ABUSE.”

59. lynn picciano said... on May 18, 2011 at 12:37AM

“@113-tysvm~what else can I say:) oh yeah-peace and blessings in all you do and remember
what would Jesus Do/Say?”

60. Donna said... on May 18, 2011 at 06:12AM

“Everything happens for a reason. God puts people in your life for a reason and takes them out for a reason.”

61. Kim Maiuzzo said... on May 19, 2011 at 01:38AM

“Charlie...May God bless you in your endeavor to bring peace to yourself, as well as help others who may be in your same circumstance. I look forward to working with you on the Chahlie's Angel fete for April of 2012.

Kim”

62. Renee - Baby James Foundation said... on May 19, 2011 at 02:38AM

“I would like to ask people like "disgusted" why they are hiding behind a name making accusations. I held an event in which Charles with other speakers spoke at. I applaud Charles he spoke from the heart. When we work as we do in advocacy everyone works together. To make accusations how he did his advocacy is wrong especially if you are going to hide behind a name. To you Charles Thank You! Not only did you touch me and I am honored to say you are a friend and part of our family, I say you left a mark on my son that he looks up to. Keep doing what you are doing what anyone else is saying isn't important. We all have skeletons in our past its hot we deal with them. This article wasn't about bashing anyone it was about educating. Family members of Charles and Eddies should be looking at that. I am sure Eddie is looking down shaking his head....now that is disgust. May God bless you Charles”

63. EMT_Chick said... on May 19, 2011 at 04:14AM

“I am sitting here, reading these posts, the attacks.... and it is almost as heartbreaking as little Eddies tragic story. To see people, who are supposed to be a family, be so cold and cruel to each other is saddening. Pointing fingers, dragging out all of the dirty laudry, fiction and non fiction, on a public forum... unbelievable. Every one of you uses God in your posts, yet the posts are surely not written in a context my God would approve of. So tragic, so many hurts, stemming back to ..... where it all began.....may you all find peace in your future.”

64. Laura Costello said... on May 19, 2011 at 05:12AM

“Charles, remain strong. The truth shall set us free. Stop the Silence, Stop the Violence. You are doing the right things. don't ever give up. There are many here, supporting you. Peace, Lura Costello”

65. Anonymous said... on May 19, 2011 at 06:44AM

“you're all idiots and need help”

66. laurie said... on May 19, 2011 at 06:59AM

“Chahlie, You are the true embodiment of a GREAT man. You are doing Gods work.While each person is different, I see nothing wrong with you trying to get to the truth. Why was this woman who had already had one innocent child die in her care given 2 more children only to have one child die and the other seriously wounded. Even more outrageous is she was not punished. Its a mystery and we may never know the truth. But I admire you Chahlie, as many of us that are working to stop the abuse do. You are doing Gods work.You are a good man. I wish we could clone you and have one of you in every state. I feel bad that all your good deeds have come down to this a war of words, so let us stand up together against all forms of child abuse. Let us stop the bickering and may by the grace of God this family come together to get to the truth and heal its wounds. Amen laurie”

67. Victoria said... on May 19, 2011 at 08:32AM

“I want like and dislike buttons. To Charles-keep up the good work, been there done that thru the system as a victim-to all the haters-get a life & some therapy”

68. Colleen said... on May 19, 2011 at 08:40AM

“I have gone through this and read the posts, the accusations, the hateful words, and what is going through my mind is.... how did the comments on this subject get so turned away from what the article was about? A man looking for answers into the tragic death of his baby brother, and this turned into an attack on him for wanting to do so. I feel itis a noble act, that the brother of this baby, this victim, this innocent child wants answers. If just one childs life is spared due to Chahlies persistance, then it was worth the fight. The way I understand the story, Chahlie was the only one there to witness the attack and murder of Little Eddie.Chahlie would be the only one to feel the brutality of such actions deep in his heart. Personal attacks on him now will help no one. His actions and words can help many. It is so sad that the words being spewed on this public site are so hateful. God knows who is responsible in all degrees and on all levels. That person/ people best ask forgiveness.”

69. Diane DellArciprete said... on May 19, 2011 at 08:59AM

“All Jesus asks of us is that we are righteous and diligent in our efforts. Unfortunately answers are "in His time". My prayers are with you, Charles. I have met Mayor Nutter and believe he is a just and compassionate man. If anyone can help you find closure I hope and believe he can. My prayers are for peace for you and a lightened heart and for Mayor Nutter to step up and end this much too long tragedy and battle for you and Little Eddie. I had a still born years ago and it gives me great comfort knowing Eddie is with her. Love & Blessings my brother.”

70. Eagle Bear said... on May 19, 2011 at 09:05AM

“I commend and respect what you have done here. Child abuse is an ugly reality nobody wants to face, and people need to know it can really get that bad. It kills. It maims. It puts a life sentence on those of us who do survive.

Those of us who get to survive bear a responsibility to do our best to see that it doesn't happen to somebody else, and to help those who it does happen to.

I want you to know that I believe you. Do not let those in denial curb your desire to help others.

As I told you before, I hope to meet you one day. You are an inspiration.”

71. John Bennett said... on May 19, 2011 at 09:06AM

“Chahlies bio mom,How can you give up your children to a failed system.I was an adopted child,fortunatly I was adopted by a loving family,you don't feel h is hurt being neglected,as I hurt by neglection,over the years its less and less,but you have to understand it's not easy.If I was Chahlie I'd never ever forgive you.”

72. Dwight Stitt said... on May 19, 2011 at 09:40AM

“I pray for each and every member of this family. They have ALL done what they felt best to deal with the pain they STILL suffer. I fully support Chahlie and this support could never be broken by the negative comments on this thread. I have no comprehension of the pain any person might have in dealing with physical Child Abuse or the loss of a family member because of such abuse nor do I have a clue as to how I would deal with it; however, as a child of an alcoholic and as a father of 3 (two of which being harmed by Parental Alienation).... I know enough about abuse to support any person that is trying to end such a tragedy. God Bless you Chahlie... and May God Bless your ENTIRE family! Sincerely- your brother in Christ- Dwight”

73. vivian said... on May 19, 2011 at 09:59AM

“as a survivor of child and spousal abuse it never ceases to amaze me how some people............. Sorry but we need to all stand against abuse. People like Charles are heroes. Speak loudly and often sir !”

74. Christie Dill said... on May 19, 2011 at 10:32AM

“May God bless and heal all of you in your hurt! I will not be negative. All I will say is this article was about the tragedy of some children's lives and death, it wasn't bashing anyone that only started with the comments that came after. I am not saying that God will bring your family back together, only to heal the hurt. God bless little Eddie who was not honored in the comments that were focused on others. Please honor little Eddie by venting somewhere else. God bless everyone of you, no one should blame anyone here for how they feel or what they say. Only this isn't the place this one is for EDDIE!”

75. Elizabeth Newman said... on May 19, 2011 at 10:50AM

“This is such a sad story, and horrible for any family to experience. I applaud Charles for trying to seek justice for his baby brother. If we all only had a fraction of the dedication and perseverance that Charles does, imagine how wonderful this world would be!

God Bless you Charles for your continuing efforts to seek justice which in the long run will help so many children from suffering the way that you and your family has!

May God be with you all!”

76. Cindy said... on May 19, 2011 at 07:30PM

“Charlie thank you for sharing your story. How horrible that these three beautiful children had to endure so much abuse and suffering from the very adults who were suppose to protect and keep them safe. Charlie your quest to seek the truth is a testiment to your inner strength for justice. Your journey will be helping so many children that are now suffering in silence. Giving them a voice I'm in awe of you! May God Bless you Charles he has already blessed us with you!”

77. sista said... on May 19, 2011 at 08:54PM

“you're all idiots and need help”

78. Angela Concitis said... on May 21, 2011 at 10:35AM

“This whole story just amazed and left me annoyed and angry at the abuse and death of Eddie and the abuse of Charles. I knew of Eddie but never met him, being I was the girl friend and wife of Charles younger half brother John from 1988 till 1994, when John and I devoirced. I heard their birth mother talk about Eddie time from time, but mostly when we looked through her albums' and I saw a picture that I thought was John. But infact it was of Eddie. I was made aware that eddie passed away do to abuse in foster care and that Charles recieved a broken arm do to the abuse....”

79. Angela Concitis said... on May 21, 2011 at 10:49AM

“I also had the chance to meet Donna at one point and her two sons' when they were just babies in pampers'. Although she doesn't remember meeting me I do remember her. I know that the birth mother Marie did raise her one grandson Donna's oldest son, as her own for the years' that I was envolved with this family. Do to, as Marie had told me, because Donna abused him as a baby, and Marie was given custody of him. I'm not on here to bash or bad mouth anyone, or to say what my exspearance with this family was like. All i want to say is that I have had the chance to speak with Charles on the phone a few times' and hear his story as well as read it on here. I feel that for what he endored in his young life and teen years' he has turned his life around and found positives' out of what has happened. In the way of speaking out about child abuse and doing wonderful things' to help abused children and parents' who have seeked out help. I say to you Charles you're doing a wonderful job and you....”

80. Angela Concitis said... on May 21, 2011 at 11:01AM

“should continue your search for the truth. But I ask that you don't make what happened define who you are as a person. Let it help you, guide you in your goal to stop child abuse, as you have been doing, but remember you are who you are because you've made it through it. You've survived and made a life for yourself. No one in this life is perfect I know you've made past mistakes', as has everyone, but you've learned from them and don't repete them. You also must see that you have stopped the circle. For you don't abuse. You have already beat the odds' by not continuing the abuse. Congradulations!!! As for those whom denie the abuse all I have to say is once you have the proof they will have to answer for their part in what they've done. They won't be able to denie it any longer.”

81. Anonymous said... on May 21, 2011 at 11:50AM

“Today....the foster care system drugs the children into oblivious submission and compliance. Kids who are removed from abusive homes are then put in a system that medicates their pain instead of teaching them how to live beyond it. Effectively creating the next generation of disabled SS welfare recipients that will pass the dysfunction to their own children who are now being drugged in infancy. Our welfare system benefits only those who are paid by it.”

82. antmanjr. said... on May 21, 2011 at 09:31PM

“do you people hear yourselves and what ur doin to ur uncle brother, son, etc.membrance about him! u are really a bunch of selfish pompous a**e*. All of u obvious feel no shame in ur game so what i say to u will be futile-so all left to say is to those folks here for child abuse and makin stuff rite thank you. thats all that matters and for those of u feelin any of what ill is being said/wrote, all i can say is, get in check, refocus and consider the source, if still leary~ i hear walmart is running a blu lite special on clues! Go fetch ya one, hell stock up!
@102a.c.~tsvm for sharing that too! at thats what the degenerates on here don't realize that others kinds words of wisdom helps us and so ur negative b.s. does nothing but sicken me, and others as well so the alterior motive isn't working-esp for those of us abused-see the forest thru the trees! with the bears , lions and tigers too!
hav a good weekend and sorry to see how abuse and abusers never stop at an age, nor tire.”

83. Angela Concitis said... on May 22, 2011 at 09:20AM

“@106 - 1stly. your welcome for my input/my view on this story and what my knowldge of this is from the family that I knew, and 2ndly. I'm not talking bs. or being negitive whatsoever. I have no alterior motive as you may think or feel I may have in poasting. 3rdly. you have no idea what my youthful years' were like or what my life has been like. So you shouldn't judge what and whom you do not know. And you know nothing about me!!
Abuse of any kind at any age is a herandes act and the facts' speak louder then any opinoin or deniel that anyone has. The truth will come out and everyone has to answer for their wrong doings' sooner or later.”

84. Kevin Miracle said... on May 26, 2011 at 07:39AM

“I had the pleasure of meeting Chuck, what he told me to call him, he is a fellow veteran and one of the most kind, stand-up guys I have ever met. He told me a bit of his story, then took the time to e-mail me this story. Just by meeting him for one day, I have made a new friend, who knows, maybe for life, he's that type of individual. In the time I spent with him I cannot see him failing in his quest for answers. He's a tremendously focused individual, and he WILL find the answers he is seeking hell or high water. I just hope that anyone who can help will read his story, and help him piece together this unfortunate puzzle. He maintains the most positive attitude, one of which I dont know I could have facing his circumstances. I wish I could do more. I wish SOMEONE would do more. This city owes it to him, and it could'nt happen to a better person. Good luck Chuck. It was an honor to meet you, and I have tremendous respect for you.”

85. Katy said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 06:55AM

“Never have I cried about something like this until now. I have cried about children being abused but to hear your story was unimaginable. What you do is soo important to so many children. I hope that the abusers out there will read your story and get help before it is to late. You are an inspiration to many. Hopefully Charles, you will find the answers you are looking for and find that peace and love you have in your heart begin to shine even brighter. You are an amazing man and you have God on your side everyday and in everyway. You are a blessing to us all. Always know you are loved in many ways and I know for a fact that your faith in God will NEVER falter. You may fall down, but he will pick you up everytime. God bless you Charles in all you seek and all you do for others. We are all here for you my friend..”

86. Natacha said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 07:25AM

“God Bless you, Chahlie! I am sure Eddie is very proud of you!”

87. Anonymous said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 07:25AM

“this is such a heartbreaking story. my prayers for peace for Chahlie. God bless. xoxo”

88. Linda H said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 08:47AM

“I am sure you have heard all this before, but I also feel their is nothing worse than hurting a child. Every story brings me to tears. Most of the abusers must be crazy. I wish I could reach out and grab all of them and bring them home with me, and show them the love they deserve and are missing. After all these years, I can not understant why our gov. has not done so much more to help these kids, and also to give help to new parents that feel overwelmed or lost or what ever they are going through.
Thank you for sharing your story. I know a lot of your family are not happy about this being on line. But we (the readers) have to not judge but realize this information is put out here to help. It is time to stop turning our backs to this. It has been going on for hundreds of years, we should have it under control long before this. It has been ignorned for way too long. Thank you for doing what yu are doing. I will pray for you and your family EVERY DAY. Good luck to you and God bless you”

89. Anonymous said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 10:02AM

“What a despicable, horrific, in humane thing that someone would do to a child or any human being. I will not even mention the word human being because she does not deserve such a word. My heart breaks for you Charles and for your Angel brother Eddie. We need to stop this child abuse that goes on, and put these sick, demented, sadistic, people if you can call them that far, far, away from all of the human race, because they do not deserve to be in any kind of contact with anyone. My prayers are with you always..God Bless you forever..”

90. DONNA PERRY said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 01:19PM

“so so sad. that the foster mother never went to jail.”

91. donna perry said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 01:45PM

“first, let me say, i am NOT the sister. i saw charlie on facebook and couldn't believe this story. he lived 2 doors down from my aunt and she remembers the children. by the time they went to live with this foster family lil eddie was already murdered. it amazes me how people get away with murder.

Charlie, keep up the good work. peace will come to you one day.

92. Anonymous said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 01:46PM

“Thank you for the story. I've been fllowing this story a while and this made it where I had all my questions answered. It was very infromative.”

93. Mother of The Feltonville Four said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 01:54PM

“WOW!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT ALL THE BASHING, BLAMING, NAME CALLING, AND ETC. BUT IT MAKES ME THINK ABOUT WHAT JESUS WENT THROUGH FOR ALL OF US, ONLY WORSE. HE DID ALL OF THIS FOR A GOOD CAUSE AND SOME STILL TO THIS DAY DENY HIM. WHAT EVER SATAN MEANT FOR BAD, GOD CAN TURN INTO GOOD. I MET CHARLES IN FRONT OF DHS BUILDING ON HIS BROTHER LIL EDDIE'S BIRTHDAY, AND IF I MUST SAY MYSELF; HE WAS VERY SPIRITUAL AND LOVING. HE ENLIGHTEN MY HEART ON HOW TO NOT HOLD ANY ANOMOUSITY OR ANGER FOR WHAT HAPPEN TO MY GRANDBABIES DUE BY DHS AND CORRUPTED JUDGES DECISIONS. I WILL NEVER FORGET THE HURT AND PAIN THEY CAUSE OUR FAMILY, BUT I CAN THROUGH TALKING TO CHARLIE AND EXPERIENCING GOD'S LOVE FORGIVE THOSE. ~~~CHARLIE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IN MEMORY OF YOUR BROTHER~~~. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES IN LIFE, BUT IT'S HOW WE LEARN LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES THAT MAKES US A BETTER PERSON. LOVE CONQUER'S ALL EVIL, I HOPE AND PRAY THAT THIS FAMILY CAN SOME DAY PUT ALL THE HURTFUL WORDS AND PAIN..CONT.”

94. Mother of The Feltonville Four said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 02:10PM

“AND BEGAN TO HEAL FROM THIS TRAGIC ORDEAL. @ CHARLES MOM, SISTER, NIECE, ETC. PLEASE DON'T LET THE DEVIL STILL YOUR JOY, I BELIEVE YOU ALL ARE GOOD AND LOVING PEOPLE. GOD SEES ALL THINGS AND WITH REPENTANCE AND LOVE HE WILL FORGIVE US OF OUR SINS. I HOPE YOU ALL CAN WORK TOGETHER ON THIS MATTER, SEEING THAT YOUR LOVED ONE DEATH IS NOT IN VAIN AND WILL ONE DAY SAVE MANY MANY OTHER CHILDREN FROM THIS HENIOUS ABUSE WORLD WIDE. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL, AND MAY HE ALSO HAVE MERCY ON US ALL. SORRY FOR WHAT YOU ALL HAD TO ENDURE IN YOUR LIFE EXPERIENCE........LOVE.........CONQUERS ALL THINGS!!!!”

95. Tamtamalby said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 02:15PM

“This is sad that this man had to endure this as a young child and that he lost a brother and it was all caused by the people appointed to protect them. I am glad however to see that even though the state dismissed this, that he has not given up hope on finding answers. I wish him all the best of luck on his journey and may God Truly Bless You!!!!”

96. Joni Girl Israel said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 03:14PM

“Charlie every time I even think of this I am so sad you were just a baby your self and had to deal with adult Shit I wish you could find the truth with out all these cover ups it just suck that you even have to fight till today just to keep it in the head lines I am her for you a lil to late yes but still and all here I hope this stays top news till things change and i dout it's any time soon but with you out there HOPE for the child that is just pushed through this with no one checking on them .. Charlies Angles !!!!!! must have the chance to try to make things right even if he couldn't for EDDIE maybe he could fine peace some were is better than no were . Good Luck Charlie..LOL”

97. Heather Baker said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 05:31PM

“Charlie, you are very strong and a great brother for trying to get justice and answers for your little brother, I believe he is smiling down and saying that's my big brother and i am so proud of him:)”

98. Renee Stuck said... on Jun 8, 2011 at 10:52PM

“WOW, the bashing on here is RIDICULOUS! Charlie, you and I are friends on facebook and I am PROUD to be your friend! You are telling your story and fighting your fight the way you should. I am a part of the Baby James Foundation and also a survivor...there needs to be more advocates out there for the children. Your family is bashing you because they are jealous...you are doing something GOOD with your life and making a positive difference. Keep up the good work!!”

99. Joni Girl Israel said... on Jun 10, 2011 at 12:41PM

“Charlie !!!!!!!! here for you till you can get your point across and stay the top story till our kids are safe and the people( we the people ) answer for the wrong that has been done here !! we will not stop till you are at peace with your self you should have never had to ever deal with that at any age!! I will always be one of CHARLIES ANGLES !!!!!!! wish every day you find some kind of peace ..I"ll be here for you ... Joni Girl”

100. L Root said... on Jul 5, 2011 at 05:57PM

“Chahlie, I am so sorry your brother had to endure all his pain and that no one else in your family can come to grips enough to do anything but deny things. Keep on the road you are on, and help save the children! I am VERY proud of you!!

Love you!”

101. sherri k said... on Jul 6, 2011 at 01:57AM

“Chahlie,keep doing what you're doing.I hope you do find answers that will lead you to the truth.As far as the rest of the family,next time you want to say anything but supportive words DON'T. Try to remember one truth. A 4 yr. old witnessed the unthinkable happen.An adult can hardly comprend what he saw.A 4 yr. old boy watched,as an adult a tall crazzy monster repeatedly beat his best friend,his play mate, HIS 2 YR. OLD BABY BROTHER.When he realized there was blood in that babys mouth and ears, That 4 yr. old a baby in his own rite,got his bones broken trying to hold on to,protect his baby brother not even understanding at that point his brother had been mortaly wounded.You his family didn't see what Chahlie saw,or hear the cries of pain that came from a baby.If telling his story eases the guilt, that he felt or feels,imagine going through the abuse both endured,he survived lil Eddie didn't. You the family went through your own private hells,sorry for that. Chahlie took a horrific”

102. Linda J. said... on Jul 18, 2011 at 12:10AM

“I met this cool guy Chahlie today while posting in a special site called R.I.P. Uptown Cook out! it is a celibration of life picnic for those who haved lost a loved one. It's a Germantown neighborhood thing! I talked with him on the phone for a while..your right! he is an awsome person! and a Rare Gem! I am going to honor his lil brother's name and add him to my PEACE QUILT that I am creating for children of Philadelphia who have lost their lives to violence. If anyone out there would like to add their loved one who is gone to the Quilt just send a swatch of material with your loved ones' name and sunrise n sunset dates and your message of peace with $1 to PEACE QUILT care of: Linda J. Beard 5027 North 11th Street Philadelphia, PA 19141 or call 267-971-6780. Material should be 8 1/2 by 11. Thanks in advance! BE A PART OF SOMETHING THAT COULD GET REALLY BIG!!”

103. Mary Anne said... on Jul 24, 2011 at 01:25PM

“I didn't lose a child of my own but I did lose child who I was very close too. Her bio mom called me mom and she lost this child because a vicious individual owing this bio mom some money made a call to SS when this mom tried to get it back by arguing with her. The foster parents (one a police officer) had some childless friends who wanted Haley. The police officer, in court, said the bio mom was mentally inept of caring for this child. The judge didn't argue. The friends got Haley. NOW, get this! The SS worker followed the bio mom out of the court house and told her, "If you appeal this case, I will come and take your baby"!!”

104. Lenean Priester said... on Jul 25, 2011 at 06:20PM

“GOD Blesses His! What's done in the dark WILL COME TO LIGHT! Trust and believe that! RIP Lil Eddie! Stay the course Chahlie! The LORD is with you!”

105. Matthew Parker said... on Aug 23, 2011 at 01:14PM

“I came across this article because of someone I care for. This whole thing is horrible. Completely horrible. RIP Eddie. To his family, I am so sorry. Nothing will ever replace this loss, but the knowledge that something is being done for others makes me happy. If only those of you that carry such hatred and contempt could set it aside, for the sake of the children, and the family as a whole. Its so sad to hear about things like this, and while it happens everyday, the ones that touch us, leave a mark so deeply that it nevers goes away. Please set aside the differences and realize that today your all here, for a reason. HIS reason. God Bless you all.”

106. Shoshanna said... on Sep 24, 2011 at 09:08AM

“I have read with interst many comments here....I too was abused severely while in the custody of the state of Florida 1965-1982. I was moved 11 times and was told that the STATE didn't want us to get attached to any one family....so I grew up unattached and still have issues with people in my life. In my last home during my teens, my foster father molested me and my sister. We could not talk to anyone because our foster mother beat the living hell out of us for any reason. Once she even made the remark that I was messin with her man! Oh my G_d! How was that possible...I was 11 when the molesting started and it went on for years. The case workers were supposed to visit us monthly but I only saw them ONCE in the 6 years I lived in that home! It's the same old story.....Case load; over load. One therory I have is that the ones we vote into office are supposed to be these little ones voices....but unfortunately society doesn' t and hasn't for centuries put a top priority on children.”