The Food and Drink Issue

By PW Staff
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 8 | Posted Feb. 9, 2011

“I asked my wife this question, and she answered 'forget about the dinner, all I need is chocolate cake.’” -Adama DeLosso, Chef De Cuisine, Garces Trading Company

“I like to heat things up with a homemade Thai Red Curry with cool coconut milk. The perfect fire and ice starter for an evening of indulgences.” -MacGregor Mann, Chef De Cuisine, Amada

“My wife loves chicken livers and lots of red wine.” -Guillermo Pernot, Executive Chef/Partner, Cuba Libre

“I cook whatever she asks for.” -Anthony Scuderi, Chef De Cuisine, Tinto/Village Whiskey

“To comfort someone else—it must be homemade bread!” -Erin O'Shea, Executive Chef, Percy Street Barbecue

“Eggs. You can do them so many ways and they're fast so you can get on to the good stuff sooner rather than later." -Maria Schmidt, Chef De Cuisine, Distrito

Prev| Page: 1 2 3 4

COMMENTS

1. Wallace said... on Feb 9, 2011 at 12:30PM

“You missed Christmas Whiskey, too, but we'll make it up next year!”

2. pete hoge said... on Feb 9, 2011 at 07:21PM

“Is this article about PW's favorite chefs and a way
to advertise them? Most of us enjoy a gripping
article and not an ass kissing festival.

Perhaps their skills are worthy of a journalist's
time, but considering all the problems in this city,
I wonder if this story is more appropriate for the
actual food section of your paper.

Also, I only saw chefs cook with ,"love", after the
candy man showed up.

Most kitchens are gardens of resentment and
various levels of bitterness, and it is no wonder
that chefs and cooks are always looking for
a new job after a year or so.

I hope that this city gets a stronger industry, one
that produces a product which has essential
value. Food is of course very important, but most
of us get by on the basics., and don't dream of
exotic flavors like saffron.”

3. pete hoge said... on Feb 9, 2011 at 07:30PM

“Excuse my own bitterness, really i am just
jealous that I can't hack the kitchen life.

I am sure these cooks and chefs are good
at what they do an deserve accolades.”

4. deci said... on Feb 11, 2011 at 07:40AM

“fair play to tim mcguinness for turning his life around, he is an inspiration to us all, cant wait to walk into his restraunt for him to put a smile on my face and share some much loved food”

5. Dale Doback said... on Feb 11, 2011 at 09:12AM

“Hey Hoge,
Were you visited by the "candy man" before sitting down to write your whiny diatribe or were you just drunk posting? Speak for yourself--as you did ad nauseum. I'm sure every PW reader found this article about the hardworking, talented chefs of Philly a hell of a lot more interesting than the crap you wrote [and then realized, yourself, sounded asinine and recanted]. No wonder you didn't have the nads to hack "kitchen life". I doubt you can hack life at all more than a foot away from your couch, your cat and your angry keyboard.
_____________________________

Props to those who have managed to make a career of their art!”

6. pete hoge said... on Feb 16, 2011 at 04:25PM

“I don't have a cat or a keyboard and
yes my post was pretty asinine.

I still maintain that Chef's are not very
interesting though.”

7. pete hoge said... on Feb 16, 2011 at 04:38PM

“yes it was a comment from bitterness and
hate....it's hard to be stuck in loserville and
see other people succeed.

I have resentment against chefs because
alot of the ones I worked with bullied me.

Also I have a resentment against good
looking, attractive people who talk about
depression as if they suffer like I do.

They have no idea what darkness is.”

8. Kimberly Slama said... on Sep 3, 2011 at 10:35PM

“McGinnis takes his rage with women out on non-human animals. He feels that by dominating these animals completely, he can reclaim his masculinity. It is extremely disturbing when mutilating someones flesh becomes a form of highly romanticized male bonding.”