Philadelphia Man Seeks Answers 44 Years After Witnessing Brother's Foster-Care Death

By Tara Murtha
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 160 | Posted May. 11, 2011

“What had happened at that time was not done by me alone, it was done by his father too,” she says, making the point repeatedly. Smith feels she shoulders too much of the blame from the family for everything that’s gone wrong.

Meanwhile Donna, who lives in New Jersey, believes a different version of the story. “I was put in foster care when I was two months old because basically my butt looked like raw hamburger,” she says. She also says her father told her that her mother broke her eardrum. “I’ve never been able to hear out of it, and I’m assuming that's true,” she says. (“She’s lying,” says Smith.)

The decades-long dispute over how the Stecker children ended up in foster care—and subsequently Eddie’s death and the fallout—has poisoned the Stecker family tree.

“There’s a whole big thing going on in the family here … [It] stems back to Eddie’s death,” says Smith. “And I can’t get all the pieces together.”

Donna refuses to speak to Stecker.

“[She doesn’t] like the fact that I talk about what happened.”

Donna doesn’t speak to either of her parents. Stecker visits his biological father every few months out of “obligation,” but says he can’t stand it.

“He wants to tell you about things you did wrong since the day you were born,” says Stecker. “Here’s a man divorced from my mother for 46 years and he’s still complaining about things she did when they were married. ‘Can you believe she shellacked my bongos?’ This was a few months ago!”

The family situation became “volatile” when Stecker first started posting his story on the Internet in the early days of deciding to become an advocate.

“I put the story on MySpace about five years ago and all hell broke loose.”

Stecker says Donna stopped talking to him “when I told her what I was doing with all this stuff ... [She] said I was doing everything I was doing for personal gain.”

“I know this sounds horrible but he’s been using my brother’s death for years as a means of getting attention,” says Donna. “It was a tragedy, but he needs to let it rest. He’s devoting his life to his brother Eddie ... I personally think it’s wrong. If this is his way of dealing with it, then he can deal with it but I said, ‘Leave me out of it. My abuse days are over.’”

Stecker didn’t see or speak to his mother for about 14 years, though they recently started communicating via text message, frequently quibbling over the details of biographical information he posts on his page.

“I said, ‘Chuck you’re making me look like trash on Facebook and I don’t like that, because that’s not he way it happened,’” says Smith.

Still, she says she supports her son and wants to bridge the gap. She says she hopes he finds the records, to settle some scores. She also supports his dream of being a voice for other abused kids.

“Chuck is trying to do what he couldn’t do for himself [as a kid],” Smith says.

Philadelphia foster and adoption records from the late 1800s to 1970 are stored in urban archives section of Temple Universitys’s library. Last week, Stecker met with representatives of Turning Points for Children, the agency created when Children’s Aid Society and Philadelphia Society for Services to Children merged, requesting permission to obtain his record. In a few weeks, he’ll have another answer, but not all the answers. They will release his record to him but not Eddie’s. Donna says she “could care less.”

When Charles, Edward and Donna first arrived in foster care, they were placed together with temporary foster parents. Press reports indicate that on Feb. 15, 1967, Charles and Eddie were moved to the home of Donald and Lillian Bedford at 29 E. Seymour St. in Germantown. For whatever reason, Smith says, the Bedfords only wanted boys, so baby Donna stayed behind.

Don Bedford was a 45-year-old house painter; Lillian was a 42-year-old housewife. Married 13 years, they had no children of their own. The couple received $24 a week for each child.

“Social workers … introduced us to our new mommy and daddy,” recalls Stecker. “When we went in, there were toys and a crib ready for us. It seemed like a good place to be to a 4-year-old.”

Prev| Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 |Next

COMMENTS

1. Anonymous said... on May 11, 2011 at 08:08AM

“The accounts of this families life leaves a person almost speechless.This is a tragic and heartbreaking story. I truly hope your questions are answered Mr. Stecker, I hope Mayor Nutter can help you perhaps. Your strength and endurance is immeasurable and commendable. So very sorry for all you and your siblings have gone through.”

2. LYNN PICCIANO said... on May 11, 2011 at 08:26AM

“First I 'd like to say I am so sorry for these children having to endure such atrocities at the hands of those they depend and trust. They don't ask to be brought into this world. Then the further ignorance and abuse of yet others that are being paid from your tax dollars and now monies from the social security fund to pay these abusers and those entities that hire them. Here is a perfect example of the negligence on the part of paid resources. While there are a few good caretakers, shows of somebody doing their job, imagine if all those employed with this duty did the same. Just imagine the wonders. sadly, I know of animals that tend to their young and others better than these paid individuals. It's all about lazy and don't want to work for those monies they earn. Those caring individuals in the system get fired if they open their mouths or defend the right thing to do! there needs to be a major overall and hire all those fired individuals-putting them in the supervisors seat.”

3. Lynn Picciano said... on May 11, 2011 at 08:45AM

“conti.~might I sadly have to report that now this entity has run amuck across our glorious United States and has become a Legal Kidnapping ring~abused children are still getting neglected and abused, and now they've gone rampant with those that arent for the gratuities[incentives] they receive from the social security fund for kids taken into to the system. Judges are abusing their position, innocent, loving families are being torn apart, our liberties and rights are being ignored, as if the don't even exist! i used to be ignorant to these people and say "oh no~not here in america~never, we have rights" However I've since learned that those rights are being ignored. they only go after the poor, who can't afford to pay to defend and hire atty. Statistics in one state had last yr a 100% reunification rate; this yr is at a 82% adoption rate, with the yr. not even over yet. This is scary folks.
please refer to Danieal Kelly story, the depth of the funds and negligence on part of this syst”

4. Mother of The Feltonville Four said... on May 11, 2011 at 08:56AM

“Hey Charles, May God continue to bless and use you to do good in this world. I wish their were more people out in the world like you, may we could all have lived a better life. Your enthusiasm and your kindness has motivated me also. The day I stood out there with you in front of DHS building for lil Eddie and we chatted, something enlighten in me. As much as I want to hate DHS and the Judge for malpractice and corruption, I now have in my heart to forgive them but not forgetting how they illegally came in and destroyed me and my family. I thank God that I was able to be come your friend, although my incident is still fresh and painful I have to learn to move pass the pain to get to the joy. I will always warn others and expose as much as I can what they are doing, but to have hate for another human being or no natural effection just isn't in my body. I hate what they did to me and my family , but I still pray for them and ask God to forgive them. God Bless You Always Friend!!!!”

5. Christie Dill said... on May 11, 2011 at 09:01AM

“Another child died in this home under this foster mother's care, like a year before! How can children be tossed aside and overlooked? So sorry for Chahlie, Eddie, and your sister! Chahlie has dedicated his iife to becoming a voice for Eddie and all the little children. He deserves these answers. The people involved are too ashamed of how they "didn't handle" it. WHY???? WHY??? WHY???? Give him answers! Why were these children overlooked?”

6. Rose M Fagan said... on May 11, 2011 at 09:27AM

“God bless you, Chahlie, for the tireless work you are doing. I hope you find the answers, so you can be at peace. It's very unfortunate that you and your brother endured the horrific abuse, and that many other children have to endure the same. Keep the faith and keep up the good work you are dedicated to do, for the countless children, who might otherwise fall between the cracks.”

7. Shygirlatfirst said... on May 11, 2011 at 11:30AM

“I think once again the system failed these kids! DHS are supposed to take children outside the home to provide safety to these children but still and all things like this happen.”

8. pannapacker said... on May 11, 2011 at 11:41AM

“Horrible. The poor, helpless children tossed into this horrible situation made by selfish adults who weren't screened properly. Appalling that a medical report on proable cause of abuse was ignored. Was the examiner too jaded that day?? Only one person signed off on the report and no supervisary oversight?? Shocking and revolting!

9. Rich said... on May 11, 2011 at 12:06PM

“I know "Chahlie" personally and I know how passionate he is about seeking justice for his own brother and other victims of abuse and also speaking out to prevent the abuse of children, whether physical, sexual, emotional or otherwise. In spite of watching the horrifying beating death of his younger brother at just 4 years-old, Chahlie has turned out to a world-class advocate in the fight to prevent other children from being victimized. For this and for being the man he is today, I respect him and I thank him for his courage in telling his story. "Little Eddie" deserves justice! All children of abuse deserve justice. Way to go, Chahlie!
www.Victims4Justice.org”

10. Diane Bruno said... on May 11, 2011 at 12:36PM

“God Bless you Chahlie, your fight is effortless. There should be more people in this world like you. YOU are/will be making such a difference in the way the foster system handles finding proper homes for these children..
There will be less deaths (hopefully none) and abuse because of YOU!!
These children now will have the chance to live happy lives..
I hope you find all your answers so you may finally be at peace, it's long overdue..
I am so so sorry for what you, Donna and Eddie had to go through, your childhood years should have been your best and that was taken away from you all..this just breaks my heart!
You changing people Chahlie, I know you made a difference in my life in this short time I've known you...I promise you I will do whatever I can to help you, you can count on me anytime!!”

11. donna said... on May 11, 2011 at 01:40PM

“I'm the Donna in this article. I did not want my name on here. But, I guess what I said means nothing. This is a tragedy. Unfortunately, child abuse will never end. Its sad, but, true. I've had a life of living Hell. But, I choose not 2 expose it. Everyone heals in different ways. Btw, my phonenumbers were given 2 reporter without my okay. So, when reporter called me, I was shocked. I told her I did not want 2 be involved. But, yet again, that meant nothing. I may sound heartless. But, I'm not. Just tired of the past haunting me. Please leave ur nasty comments 2 urself. R.I.P. Eddie. Ur Sister, Donna”

12. Anonymous said... on May 11, 2011 at 03:41PM

“To Donna: I understand and don't think you're "heartless." Everyone has different ways of dealing with things and you certainly deserve the right to move on with your life without being constantly reminded of your past. As children, we have little or no choice as to what happens to us, what we have to go through. As adults, we have the opportunity to avoid/leave situations that make us uncomfortable, including revisiting our personal histories if that causes pain. You have the right to live your life in peace. May your future be brighter than your past. Take care.”

13. Donna said... on May 11, 2011 at 03:59PM

“Post #16 Thanks Alot. Post #15 Actions Speak Louder Than Words. I'm Not Going 2 Be Mean. Have A Good Day!”

14. chevelle70 said... on May 11, 2011 at 08:12PM

“Good Luck Charlie, I wish you all the best and I hope that many start to help in your search for answers, Seems like you finally were able to find some people to help you, good for that det. that helped you.”

15. lynn picciano said... on May 11, 2011 at 09:24PM

“Chah-we love you and support ur efforts and thank you for those lives you've saved and enlightened through this travesty. At the very precious age of 4, you had no say or part in, but for the fact of being born! It's not ur fault that someone deemed your parents undeserving, nor fit to tend to their childrens needs. Its not ur fault that the truth hurts-couldn't be half as painful as having been there and endured further physical mental, and emotional abuse. but for the fact of ur telling of your brother Eddie-it's seemingly apparent,there'd be no one caring enough as you to "not let this rest without resolution ", and further help not only those being abused, but help the abusers as well-to help make for a fundamental family unit, as you felt should of been provided to ur family. either way it was deemed for the safety all of you to be removed- ur voluntary efforts are priceless and limitless, you've done more than those who get paid for and supposed to be doing what u do for free.”

16. Joni Caring said... on May 11, 2011 at 09:26PM

“Charlie !!!! Every time I read this I get sick I am so glad you are so strong to try to get to the bottom of this it is so said that no one is helled acountable for his death she should have be put to death just sad!! if you ever need any thing or I can help with anything just let me know when ever and I hope you find peace and truth like you so should have already....”

17. Donna said... on May 11, 2011 at 10:44PM

“2 My Brother Eddie: U Suffered A Tragic Death. We R So Sorry U Had 2 Endure The Pain U Did. One Day We Will Reunite. Ur Thought Of Everyday. We Know Ur Surrounded By Angels. Ur Family Down Here Loves U Very Much. God Bless U Eddie! Love Ur Little Sister, Donna”

18. Donna (SISTER) said... on May 11, 2011 at 11:32PM

“The saddest deaths are the kinds that could have been avoided. The kinds that happen to people with their entire lives ahead of them. You were too young. RIP <3”

19. Bonnie said... on May 12, 2011 at 03:06AM

“Chahlie, I've only met you over the net, facebook, and because of your story, but I'm so thankful for you! You are a great role model for other men of God and for all who've been abused. Your quiet strength reminds me of another Christian hero --- Tony Dungy. Never stop being a voice for the voiceless for you walk in great strength and love because of God!

I'm sorry you miss Eddie. I'm sorry you couldn't ease his suffering or save him, but we know a great God who has him, and that one day, you'll see him again! God bless you forever!”

20. Anonymous said... on May 12, 2011 at 03:32AM

“Donna and Biological Mother, it sounds like neither of you has any love or compassion for Chahlie, and that's really too sad. If you'd healed from the abuse and whatever else you'd suffered, you wouldn't sound so bitter and hateful, Donna, and so cold-hearted and angry, Bio Mother. My words will most likely make you angry, but goodness, they're true. I pray you find peace, forgiveness, and love in the Only One Who can give that to both of you.

Btw, either or both of you can create your own page for Eddie...”

21. Donna said... on May 12, 2011 at 08:51AM

“Post #23 - U have no clue about my life. I will Be polite. Chuck has the right 2 do what he's doing. Their has been bad blood since we were kids. I'm not downing nor saying anything not true. Maybe u need 2 get both sides of the story. And stop judging me. Have a good day!”

22. LeeAnn darden said... on May 12, 2011 at 12:10PM

“I know Chahlie and I commend him for this. It can't be easy for him to do this as doors are continualy slammed in his face. I hope and pray that justice will be served for him and eddie, no child or adult should have to endure what they have. Chahlie speaks from his heart and is always there whenever needed,he truely is a great friendand I am blessed and thankful that I know him.”

23. Anonymous said... on May 12, 2011 at 01:43PM

“Everyone - even you - judges things and people all day long every day. To say, "stop judging me" is ludicrous for we all judge and must do so. We are to judge and discern what is good and pure, honorable and just - and what is not.”

24. Donna said... on May 12, 2011 at 07:15PM

“Out of respect for both my brothers, can we keep negative comments to yourselves? This is supposed to be letting the people know how the system failed, and getting answers. I am sorry for anything negative I may have posted. Ty, Eddie's Little Sister, Donna Stecker”

25. John Bennett said... on May 13, 2011 at 08:39AM

“Chahlie that is so sad,I can't imagine the emotional pain you experince.Justice will be served in the eyes of the lord.Your story is heartbreaking its so sad.Hang in there,Don't give up your quest,whatever you do.”

26. Anonymous said... on May 13, 2011 at 09:22AM

“Chahlie is doing the right thing, unlike someothers. This story needs to be told & Eddie needs Justice.”

27. LS said... on May 14, 2011 at 11:48AM

“Absolutley heartbreaking and am so proud this man came forward with this story. Unfortunately, 5 children die each day in this country from abuse. How can we help the world when we aren't taking care of those in our own back yard? Please help this cause by visiting www.childrenWithoutaVoiceUSA.org and become a child advocate today!!”

28. LYNN PICCIANO said... on May 14, 2011 at 11:59AM

“WHAT?? NO "LIKE" BUTTON?
@34 & 35- SWEETIE, I like the last lines of ur comments and that's what its about. and my email address is momz.kidz@yahoo.com, if ya feel a venting need-so we keep on track just as you said. I know theres that thin line btwn love and hate, however, if its any consolation~ur brother has never personally, to me~spoken ill of you or any one in any such a manner that would be degrading. that would defeat his mission and cause, and whats in his heart is to make not just the system better, but the family unit before there's a need for that system.
it's sorta like when ur dealt lemons they say-make lemonade. well, this is the Steckerade! ~Be at peace~Bless our Families, in todays times and our govt.s determination to assassinate it we need to stick together. All of us PEOPLE! I”

29. bonnie said... on May 14, 2011 at 12:17PM

“well said, Lynn! (I was looking for the "like" button, too!)

Steckerade! That's good!”

30. Donna said... on May 14, 2011 at 04:06PM

“I hope my brother finds the answers he's looking 4. Child Abuse is a horrible thing. Abuse of any kind is horrible. I know, I've lived it. Luckily, I got away from it. I do not speak out about it. Because 4 me it hurts 2 bring back those memories. Keep the fight going. Donna”

31. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 14, 2011 at 06:00PM

“A friend asked me...
"Where is God and His Love when a child is being abused?"...
Here is my input...

We child abuse survivors and witnesses get angry with God because we see Him as the only one able to stop the abuse, but really it was the people in our lives who let us down, not God. I believe that God grieved mightily, with tears streaming down His face, as He saw us being harmed. I also believe that He became angry with the adults in our lives who ignored His instruction in the Bible to protect and love the children.

32. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 14, 2011 at 06:01PM

“I don’t believe that it is God’s responsibility to protect our children — It is our responsibility to protect the children He puts in our care. I protect my child because I love her. I was not protected because I was not loved by some of those whose care I was placed in. That’s a choice of men, not of God. God's desire is that we all would love each other with His love. He offers us this opportunity in many ways including our children because God continues to have Hope that His love will prevail in our lives.

Despite all of that I witnessed and survived, God made me strong and gave me the gift of dissociation to enable me to survive the abuse. God is the only one who helped me — my parents and the foster mother who murdered my brother sure didn’t. God was present in the foster homes, counselors, and people who took me under their wings and gave me love.”

33. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 14, 2011 at 06:02PM

“God has also taken something as horrible as our abuse and brought lots of good and beauty out of it. Because I survived it, I know that others can survive it, too. Because I am healing, I know that others can heal, and I encourage them as they heal.

No, I would never choose to experience abuse or for anyone else to experience it, and this is why I take my responsibility seriously in helping any child abuse survivor that I can. I am also active in helping change society to protect children. In addition God has given me the vision to seek the abusers and offer them FREE help to Stop their abusive ways. I believe that is how God works — through people caring enough to make a difference and show His love through our actions.”

34. Kim said... on May 14, 2011 at 08:08PM

“Keep up the fantastic work Chuck...I am soooo sorry about your past and what you witnessed. Believe. God is there for you , and will ALWAYS be with you. Someday we all have to answer to Our Lord..I pray for you and for those that have encountered ordeals like yours. Stay strong for Eddie!!”

35. Heather Papenfuss said... on May 14, 2011 at 10:33PM

“Wow, amazing you made it out of that home. I am sorry for your pain Chahlie I hope that you find peace and continue to help the kids stuck in the busted system. You are an angel to many. A vision of courage & Strength. God's Blessings, Peace & Love”

36. LELA WARNER said... on May 14, 2011 at 11:35PM

“cHARLIE,MY HEART ACHES FOR YOU, AND FOR YOUR LITTLE BROTHER WHO WAS MURDERED,WHY THE WELFARE HAS NO RECORD IS NOTHING BUT A COVER UP.The same was done with my records of abuse in foster care in missouri. then as history repeats itself my great grandson was beat to death in wichita,kansas about a year ago. the welfare had been involved in that case all along.Charlie i am so sorry for you. i wish i could help you in some way. god be with you always. lela”

37. carol said... on May 15, 2011 at 12:02PM

“They gave this murderer another child to kill. Unbelievable.. God bless you Chahlie, I hope you get all of the pieces your looking for....”

38. very upset said... on May 16, 2011 at 02:26AM

“no matter how old the case maybe someone should do the job and find her and punish her this she not be swept under the rug make her pay”

39. Anonymous said... on May 16, 2011 at 09:01AM

“Advocates everywhere have haters and accusations it is sad but a fact.
Instead of tearing down progress and scrutinizing motives we must look at evidence.
Is he helping making progress and bringing awareness? YES in Chahlies case.
This being said I wish you Gods speed in your endeavors.
Keep Striving and Thriving
Thrivers Unite”

40. Sheila Concitis said... on May 16, 2011 at 02:45PM

“I am the younger sister of Charles Stecker. This family has dynamics you can't even come close to understanding. My mother did have a troubled childhood. After the death of her mother when she was only 9 yrs old things became very bad for her. She was sent to live with family who then abused her and put her in a home. As she grew older (with no guidance) she met and married a Charles Stecker Sr. He proved to not be a good man. Leaving her with 3 young children to raise. This story can go on and on. My mother is now 70 yrs old. She raised, completely on her own 3 children. Myself - Sheila Concitis, my brother - John Concitis - and my nephew Joseph. My brother John and I have wonderful lives and my nephew Joe just graduated college. There are 3 children who were not raised by Marie Smith. Charles Stecker Jr., Edward Stecker and Donna Stecker. These 3 children were raised by the city of Philadelphia. Eddie is now dead, Chuck and Donna have severe emotional problems.........”

41. Sheila Concitis said... on May 16, 2011 at 03:00PM

“It seems Anonymous is not proud of what he/she has to say or they would reveal themselves. Or maybe anonymous is Chuck, playing his games again. And while I'm at it. I love my sister Donna, we've never had any problems over the years, but I can't keep living this over and over again. My life has gone on and has become something to be proud of as well as my brother John's. THANK YOU MOM (MARIE SMITH) FOR RAISING US.”

42. Cheryl Slatinsky said... on May 16, 2011 at 03:31PM

“I am the grandaughter to the biological Mother of Edward Stecker, Marie Smith. I am about to be 25 and have often asked questions and done my own research into this case also. In high school I had a deep interest in having my family come back together and move past all of this drama.While doing so, I have learned just how ridiculous certain things are when it comes to Chuck (brother of Edward Stecker). When we first found him on Myspace, as he put it "he was hiding out" because he was worried his father would sue him for taking money from his company. We didnt have a phone number or address for him at the time. I had always told my family that what had transpired in the past had nothing to do with me or the younger generation in our family, so I tried to mend things, even learning of what he had done to Sheila Concitis, my mother.”

43. Cheryl Slatinsky said... on May 16, 2011 at 03:46PM

“cont...of my life. My brother and I would often spend time at her house with her for the weekend when we all lived in Philly. At that time she was taking care of my cousin, (My Aunt Donnas Son), she raised him since he was an infant and he just graduated college this past week. She took us to church, she lived across the street from a corner convenience store and would often take us for candy and such. I guess my point is, my Nanabell isnt a terrible woman like Chuck makes her out to be, she is wonderful in my eyes :). This man that so many people are praising is fake, why would he be on facebook asking for people to send him money to go to a convention he didnt even attend? Please do not fall for it people, take it from a niece who already fell for the BS. I hope my family finds peace eventually, there is no need to continually bring this up. It is what it is, that woman killed my uncle but Chuck puts my grandmother on trial as if she did it. She had more children after my Uncle...”

44. Cheryl Slatinsky said... on May 16, 2011 at 03:53PM

“cont....Eddies murder and they were completely raised by her their entire lives and have been very successful and have always been there for their children, while on the other hand Chuck's daughter doesnt want anything to do with him. Things in this article do not add up, and the one who wrote it should have researched a bit more instead of going off of Chuck's word. Its funny how I called her to let her know i learned of this article and she gladly gave me the website to read the entire thing, however now I havent gotten a response from her even after leaving 2 voice messages. Anyone who has questions or a problem may cheerfully look me up on facebook at Cheryl Slatinsky and send me a message. Love you Mom and Nanabell, Rest in Paradise Uncle Eddie.”

45. Donna said... on May 16, 2011 at 07:45PM

“Nobody is trashing Edward John Stecker. We love him, and we respect him. RIP Eddie. He's deceased as of 2/28/67.”

46. Donna said... on May 16, 2011 at 09:57PM

“This is meant for Chuck Only: BREAKING NEWS!! ..The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get the Hell Over It. Any complaints about how we operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-wah with Dr. Sniffle Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin. If you like this, repost If you don't, suck it up Buttercup, life doesn't revolve around you...!

47. Renee - President Baby James Foundation said... on May 16, 2011 at 10:48PM

“I met Charles when he spoke in Chicago IL on April 2nd at our Child Abuse Rally and Vigil. I as well as my son and husband became close to Charles. I commend him for what he is doing. As shown here people will do what they have to do to try to get the victim to back down. Keep up the fight Charles we are here to support you.

@ Donna pitty train? I am sorry I see no one wanting pitty I see an advocate fighting strong for children of abuse. May God bless you all.”

48. Annie143 said... on May 16, 2011 at 11:23PM

“What a sad commentary on something that was such a tragedy. There is so much hate to go around in this family, it is breathtaking.
I don't know Chahlie but, hopefully, he can bring something good to the fight against child abuse, get people motivated to do something about it, keeping the memory of his little brother alive.
If he has done the things to the family that you say, he will be judged someday when he comes before his maker.
You should be trying to work together to fight child abuse. He may have banned you from the FB page because of your negative comments. He has that right. Start another one.
It is a shame you all can't work for the same cause, after all, the 3 of you were abandoned by your parents and left to fend for yourselves, for however they may have redeemed themselves in later years...cont...”

49. Annie143 said... on May 16, 2011 at 11:31PM

“So, their obviously is hurt and a great deal of anger there. Donna, apparantly you suffered child abuse. You say you have. Chahlie was forced to witness the brutal murder of his little brother and his own traumatic injuries. None of your lives has been a bed of roses from being born to the parents that created you and they failed to protect you. That is a fact.
I was not an especially good mother, not brutal, I just had my own issues. I am one heck of a grandmother and I adore all children and fight very hard for them in my own way. Having said that, it doesn't change the fact that I didn't give my own children the attention and love that they deserved and they remind me off it sometimes......and it hurts. But it is truth.
I will keep you all in my prayers and pray that little Eddie did not die in vain. God bless you.”

50. Annie143 said... on May 16, 2011 at 11:34PM

“I wanted to add, so what if Chahlie makes some money off the story. If he brings attention to the tragedies of child abuse and gets people fired up to work for new laws, he has done a good thing.”

51. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 16, 2011 at 11:35PM

“I am the Chahlie, Charles, Chuck, Chuckie or whatever other derivative of my name that is being used here.

The purpose for the article was not to Bash or Put Down anyone. The real basis for the article was to first expose the fact that a lot of Mystery which intrigued me my entire life surrounds my brother's death. That records that I was told didn't exist actually did and do. That my many years on the Lone Quest to Seek The Truth are finally coming to fruition. And finally to get those Records so that I may have Peace of Mind if that's possible and Report, Facts not Fiction.

Along the way some things were exposed inevitably and have dredged up old memories and pains for members of my birth family.

It was never my intention to purposely cause any Suffering. That being said I've lived with the painful memories of a Stolen Childhood and have been Silent for way to long. A day doesn't go by where I don't read an Article or Hear a News Story where another Child isn't being Hurt. cont.>”

52. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 16, 2011 at 11:47PM

“or even worse Murdered. Each time I've come across those unfortunate reports I've found myself saying, What If?

What If I had started to share my life experiences years ago? What If my story and ability to Beat The Odds could help someone? What if my Silence caused one of these News Stories?

Well 5 years ago I started for the first time exposing the story via MySpace and came under the same attack that unfortunately many of you have witnessed here. I Backed Off and Silenced myself again. Much to my chagrin I've only watched this Pandemic of CHILD ABUSE grow Globally since then and felt helpless in my Silence to do anything.

I decided 3 years ago that I WILL Stand Up, I WILL No Longer Be SILENCED. I WILL Make a Positive Change and I WILL Do ALL I can to End Child Abuse. With that began my quest which led to this article.

My intention for exposing My Story was NOT to seek pity or Monetary gain but rather to Validate that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Child Abuse...”

53. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 17, 2011 at 12:07AM

“I didn't read a book or study it in school I have No Degree. What I do have though is My life story and my memories. I have Healed Wounds that are now Softened Scars.

I have the Ability and Desire to Help Others who have been affected by Child Abuse in any way and Will Successfully do so. My Childhood Story compared to where I am today in my adult life are 180 degrees from each other.

Yes I've made mistakes along the way in life. Some of the accusations that are being made here in the comments by those who say they are my family do have a level of Truth to them but are grossly over exaggerated and in some instances out and out Lies.

I will Not Stoop to their level and treat them as unjustly as they are me. For that IS NOT the reason I am on this Quest Called LIFE.

I believe that GOD as I understand HIM has had His Divine Hand on me and has protected from my enemies inclusive of myself at times. I believe I was Spared and Allowed to come out Not Mentally Incapacitated ...”

54. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 17, 2011 at 12:22AM

“because He had a Higher calling for my life which I have a responsibility to fulfill.

That Quest shall come to pass and.."Chahlie's Angel". Will be an organization that Will Memorialize My Brother's Memory while Bringing POSITIVE Change to a Negative World offering A Haven of Hope for ALL whose lives have been affected by Child Abuse in its many forms through Non-Judgmental Unconditional Love along with Powerful Life Changes through Accountability, Personal Interaction, and Mutual Respect for Everyone.

If along the way the organization provides me the ability to keep a roof over my head, food in my mouth, clothes on my back, and the finances to live while I help my daughter and others, I ask is that So Wrong?

Making CHILD ABUSE PREVENTION & AWARENESS is My Life's Mission and Will Be My Full Time Ministry. With that I am assured that GOD Will provide ALL of my needs and give me the Abundance to assist others.

Despite the Attacks Li'l Eddie's Memory and Legacy Will Live On and ...”

55. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 17, 2011 at 01:32AM

“27. Donna said... on May 12, 2011 at 07:15PM

56. Donna said... on May 17, 2011 at 01:33AM

“I have God before me, Jesus beside me, the Holy Ghost within me and angels around me. Who or what shall I fear?”

57. Anonymous said... on May 17, 2011 at 02:29AM

“Wow, a movie deal in the works?? You do work fast...”

58. VoiceOfTheSilenced said... on May 17, 2011 at 10:33PM

“This is Chahlie... and I would like to discuss how, "Chahlie's Angel" can begin it's Mission of Ending CHILD ABUSE.”

59. lynn picciano said... on May 18, 2011 at 12:37AM

“@113-tysvm~what else can I say:) oh yeah-peace and blessings in all you do and remember
what would Jesus Do/Say?”

60. Donna said... on May 18, 2011 at 06:12AM

“Everything happens for a reason. God puts people in your life for a reason and takes them out for a reason.”

61. Kim Maiuzzo said... on May 19, 2011 at 01:38AM

“Charlie...May God bless you in your endeavor to bring peace to yourself, as well as help others who may be in your same circumstance. I look forward to working with you on the Chahlie's Angel fete for April of 2012.

Kim”

62. Renee - Baby James Foundation said... on May 19, 2011 at 02:38AM

“I would like to ask people like "disgusted" why they are hiding behind a name making accusations. I held an event in which Charles with other speakers spoke at. I applaud Charles he spoke from the heart. When we work as we do in advocacy everyone works together. To make accusations how he did his advocacy is wrong especially if you are going to hide behind a name. To you Charles Thank You! Not only did you touch me and I am honored to say you are a friend and part of our family, I say you left a mark on my son that he looks up to. Keep doing what you are doing what anyone else is saying isn't important. We all have skeletons in our past its hot we deal with them. This article wasn't about bashing anyone it was about educating. Family members of Charles and Eddies should be looking at that. I am sure Eddie is looking down shaking his head....now that is disgust. May God bless you Charles”

63. EMT_Chick said... on May 19, 2011 at 04:14AM

“I am sitting here, reading these posts, the attacks.... and it is almost as heartbreaking as little Eddies tragic story. To see people, who are supposed to be a family, be so cold and cruel to each other is saddening. Pointing fingers, dragging out all of the dirty laudry, fiction and non fiction, on a public forum... unbelievable. Every one of you uses God in your posts, yet the posts are surely not written in a context my God would approve of. So tragic, so many hurts, stemming back to ..... where it all began.....may you all find peace in your future.”

64. Laura Costello said... on May 19, 2011 at 05:12AM

“Charles, remain strong. The truth shall set us free. Stop the Silence, Stop the Violence. You are doing the right things. don't ever give up. There are many here, supporting you. Peace, Lura Costello”

65. Anonymous said... on May 19, 2011 at 06:44AM

“you're all idiots and need help”

66. laurie said... on May 19, 2011 at 06:59AM

“Chahlie, You are the true embodiment of a GREAT man. You are doing Gods work.While each person is different, I see nothing wrong with you trying to get to the truth. Why was this woman who had already had one innocent child die in her care given 2 more children only to have one child die and the other seriously wounded. Even more outrageous is she was not punished. Its a mystery and we may never know the truth. But I admire you Chahlie, as many of us that are working to stop the abuse do. You are doing Gods work.You are a good man. I wish we could clone you and have one of you in every state. I feel bad that all your good deeds have come down to this a war of words, so let us stand up together against all forms of child abuse. Let us stop the bickering and may by the grace of God this family come together to get to the truth and heal its wounds. Amen laurie”

67. Victoria said... on May 19, 2011 at 08:32AM

“I want like and dislike buttons. To Charles-keep up the good work, been there done that thru the system as a victim-to all the haters-get a life & some therapy”

68. Colleen said... on May 19, 2011 at 08:40AM

“I have gone through this and read the posts, the accusations, the hateful words, and what is going through my mind is.... how did the comments on this subject get so turned away from what the article was about? A man looking for answers into the tragic death of his baby brother, and this turned into an attack on him for wanting to do so. I feel itis a noble act, that the brother of this baby, this victim, this innocent child wants answers. If just one childs life is spared due to Chahlies persistance, then it was worth the fight. The way I understand the story, Chahlie was the only one there to witness the attack and murder of Little Eddie.Chahlie would be the only one to feel the brutality of such actions deep in his heart. Personal attacks on him now will help no one. His actions and words can help many. It is so sad that the words being spewed on this public site are so hateful. God knows who is responsible in all degrees and on all levels. That person/ people best ask forgiveness.”

69. Diane DellArciprete said... on May 19, 2011 at 08:59AM

“All Jesus asks of us is that we are righteous and diligent in our efforts. Unfortunately answers are "in His time". My prayers are with you, Charles. I have met Mayor Nutter and believe he is a just and compassionate man. If anyone can help you find closure I hope and believe he can. My prayers are for peace for you and a lightened heart and for Mayor Nutter to step up and end this much too long tragedy and battle for you and Little Eddie. I had a still born years ago and it gives me great comfort knowing Eddie is with her. Love & Blessings my brother.”

70. Eagle Bear said... on May 19, 2011 at 09:05AM

“I commend and respect what you have done here. Child abuse is an ugly reality nobody wants to face, and people need to know it can really get that bad. It kills. It maims. It puts a life sentence on those of us who do survive.

Those of us who get to survive bear a responsibility to do our best to see that it doesn't happen to somebody else, and to help those who it does happen to.

I want you to know that I believe you. Do not let those in denial curb your desire to help others.

As I told you before, I hope to meet you one day. You are an inspiration.”

71. John Bennett said... on May 19, 2011 at 09:06AM

“Chahlies bio mom,How can you give up your children to a failed system.I was an adopted child,fortunatly I was adopted by a loving family,you don't feel h is hurt being neglected,as I hurt by neglection,over the years its less and less,but you have to understand it's not easy.If I was Chahlie I'd never ever forgive you.”

72. Dwight Stitt said... on May 19, 2011 at 09:40AM

“I pray for each and every member of this family. They have ALL done what they felt best to deal with the pain they STILL suffer. I fully support Chahlie and this support could never be broken by the negative comments on this thread. I have no comprehension of the pain any person might have in dealing with physical Child Abuse or the loss of a family member because of such abuse nor do I have a clue as to how I would deal with it; however, as a child of an alcoholic and as a father of 3 (two of which being harmed by Parental Alienation).... I know enough about abuse to support any person that is trying to end such a tragedy. God Bless you Chahlie... and May God Bless your ENTIRE family! Sincerely- your brother in Christ- Dwight”

73. vivian said... on May 19, 2011 at 09:59AM

“as a survivor of child and spousal abuse it never ceases to amaze me how some people............. Sorry but we need to all stand against abuse. People like Charles are heroes. Speak loudly and often sir !”

74. Christie Dill said... on May 19, 2011 at 10:32AM

“May God bless and heal all of you in your hurt! I will not be negative. All I will say is this article was about the tragedy of some children's lives and death, it wasn't bashing anyone that only started with the comments that came after. I am not saying that God will bring your family back together, only to heal the hurt. God bless little Eddie who was not honored in the comments that were focused on others. Please honor little Eddie by venting somewhere else. God bless everyone of you, no one should blame anyone here for how they feel or what they say. Only this isn't the place this one is for EDDIE!”

75. Elizabeth Newman said... on May 19, 2011 at 10:50AM

“This is such a sad story, and horrible for any family to experience. I applaud Charles for trying to seek justice for his baby brother. If we all only had a fraction of the dedication and perseverance that Charles does, imagine how wonderful this world would be!

God Bless you Charles for your continuing efforts to seek justice which in the long run will help so many children from suffering the way that you and your family has!

May God be with you all!”

76. Cindy said... on May 19, 2011 at 07:30PM

“Charlie thank you for sharing your story. How horrible that these three beautiful children had to endure so much abuse and suffering from the very adults who were suppose to protect and keep them safe. Charlie your quest to seek the truth is a testiment to your inner strength for justice. Your journey will be helping so many children that are now suffering in silence. Giving them a voice I'm in awe of you! May God Bless you Charles he has already blessed us with you!”

77. sista said... on May 19, 2011 at 08:54PM

“you're all idiots and need help”

78. Angela Concitis said... on May 21, 2011 at 10:35AM

“This whole story just amazed and left me annoyed and angry at the abuse and death of Eddie and the abuse of Charles. I knew of Eddie but never met him, being I was the girl friend and wife of Charles younger half brother John from 1988 till 1994, when John and I devoirced. I heard their birth mother talk about Eddie time from time, but mostly when we looked through her albums' and I saw a picture that I thought was John. But infact it was of Eddie. I was made aware that eddie passed away do to abuse in foster care and that Charles recieved a broken arm do to the abuse....”

79. Angela Concitis said... on May 21, 2011 at 10:49AM

“I also had the chance to meet Donna at one point and her two sons' when they were just babies in pampers'. Although she doesn't remember meeting me I do remember her. I know that the birth mother Marie did raise her one grandson Donna's oldest son, as her own for the years' that I was envolved with this family. Do to, as Marie had told me, because Donna abused him as a baby, and Marie was given custody of him. I'm not on here to bash or bad mouth anyone, or to say what my exspearance with this family was like. All i want to say is that I have had the chance to speak with Charles on the phone a few times' and hear his story as well as read it on here. I feel that for what he endored in his young life and teen years' he has turned his life around and found positives' out of what has happened. In the way of speaking out about child abuse and doing wonderful things' to help abused children and parents' who have seeked out help. I say to you Charles you're doing a wonderful job and you....”

80. Angela Concitis said... on May 21, 2011 at 11:01AM

“should continue your search for the truth. But I ask that you don't make what happened define who you are as a person. Let it help you, guide you in your goal to stop child abuse, as you have been doing, but remember you are who you are because you've made it through it. You've survived and made a life for yourself. No one in this life is perfect I know you've made past mistakes', as has everyone, but you've learned from them and don't repete them. You also must see that you have stopped the circle. For you don't abuse. You have already beat the odds' by not continuing the abuse. Congradulations!!! As for those whom denie the abuse all I have to say is once you have the proof they will have to answer for their part in what they've done. They won't be able to denie it any longer.”

81. Anonymous said... on May 21, 2011 at 11:50AM

“Today....the foster care system drugs the children into oblivious submission and compliance. Kids who are removed from abusive homes are then put in a system that medicates their pain instead of teaching them how to live beyond it. Effectively creating the next generation of disabled SS welfare recipients that will pass the dysfunction to their own children who are now being drugged in infancy. Our welfare system benefits only those who are paid by it.”

82. antmanjr. said... on May 21, 2011 at 09:31PM

“do you people hear yourselves and what ur doin to ur uncle brother, son, etc.membrance about him! u are really a bunch of selfish pompous a**e*. All of u obvious feel no shame in ur game so what i say to u will be futile-so all left to say is to those folks here for child abuse and makin stuff rite thank you. thats all that matters and for those of u feelin any of what ill is being said/wrote, all i can say is, get in check, refocus and consider the source, if still leary~ i hear walmart is running a blu lite special on clues! Go fetch ya one, hell stock up!
@102a.c.~tsvm for sharing that too! at thats what the degenerates on here don't realize that others kinds words of wisdom helps us and so ur negative b.s. does nothing but sicken me, and others as well so the alterior motive isn't working-esp for those of us abused-see the forest thru the trees! with the bears , lions and tigers too!
hav a good weekend and sorry to see how abuse and abusers never stop at an age, nor tire.”

83. Angela Concitis said... on May 22, 2011 at 09:20AM

“@106 - 1stly. your welcome for my input/my view on this story and what my knowldge of this is from the family that I knew, and 2ndly. I'm not talking bs. or being negitive whatsoever. I have no alterior motive as you may think or feel I may have in poasting. 3rdly. you have no idea what my youthful years' were like or what my life has been like. So you shouldn't judge what and whom you do not know. And you know nothing about me!!
Abuse of any kind at any age is a herandes act and the facts' speak louder then any opinoin or deniel that anyone has. The truth will come out and everyone has to answer for their wrong doings' sooner or later.”

84. Kevin Miracle said... on May 26, 2011 at 07:39AM

“I had the pleasure of meeting Chuck, what he told me to call him, he is a fellow veteran and one of the most kind, stand-up guys I have ever met. He told me a bit of his story, then took the time to e-mail me this story. Just by meeting him for one day, I have made a new friend, who knows, maybe for life, he's that type of individual. In the time I spent with him I cannot see him failing in his quest for answers. He's a tremendously focused individual, and he WILL find the answers he is seeking hell or high water. I just hope that anyone who can help will read his story, and help him piece together this unfortunate puzzle. He maintains the most positive attitude, one of which I dont know I could have facing his circumstances. I wish I could do more. I wish SOMEONE would do more. This city owes it to him, and it could'nt happen to a better person. Good luck Chuck. It was an honor to meet you, and I have tremendous respect for you.”

85. Katy said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 06:55AM

“Never have I cried about something like this until now. I have cried about children being abused but to hear your story was unimaginable. What you do is soo important to so many children. I hope that the abusers out there will read your story and get help before it is to late. You are an inspiration to many. Hopefully Charles, you will find the answers you are looking for and find that peace and love you have in your heart begin to shine even brighter. You are an amazing man and you have God on your side everyday and in everyway. You are a blessing to us all. Always know you are loved in many ways and I know for a fact that your faith in God will NEVER falter. You may fall down, but he will pick you up everytime. God bless you Charles in all you seek and all you do for others. We are all here for you my friend..”

86. Natacha said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 07:25AM

“God Bless you, Chahlie! I am sure Eddie is very proud of you!”

87. Anonymous said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 07:25AM

“this is such a heartbreaking story. my prayers for peace for Chahlie. God bless. xoxo”

88. Linda H said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 08:47AM

“I am sure you have heard all this before, but I also feel their is nothing worse than hurting a child. Every story brings me to tears. Most of the abusers must be crazy. I wish I could reach out and grab all of them and bring them home with me, and show them the love they deserve and are missing. After all these years, I can not understant why our gov. has not done so much more to help these kids, and also to give help to new parents that feel overwelmed or lost or what ever they are going through.
Thank you for sharing your story. I know a lot of your family are not happy about this being on line. But we (the readers) have to not judge but realize this information is put out here to help. It is time to stop turning our backs to this. It has been going on for hundreds of years, we should have it under control long before this. It has been ignorned for way too long. Thank you for doing what yu are doing. I will pray for you and your family EVERY DAY. Good luck to you and God bless you”

89. Anonymous said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 10:02AM

“What a despicable, horrific, in humane thing that someone would do to a child or any human being. I will not even mention the word human being because she does not deserve such a word. My heart breaks for you Charles and for your Angel brother Eddie. We need to stop this child abuse that goes on, and put these sick, demented, sadistic, people if you can call them that far, far, away from all of the human race, because they do not deserve to be in any kind of contact with anyone. My prayers are with you always..God Bless you forever..”

90. DONNA PERRY said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 01:19PM

“so so sad. that the foster mother never went to jail.”

91. donna perry said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 01:45PM

“first, let me say, i am NOT the sister. i saw charlie on facebook and couldn't believe this story. he lived 2 doors down from my aunt and she remembers the children. by the time they went to live with this foster family lil eddie was already murdered. it amazes me how people get away with murder.

Charlie, keep up the good work. peace will come to you one day.

92. Anonymous said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 01:46PM

“Thank you for the story. I've been fllowing this story a while and this made it where I had all my questions answered. It was very infromative.”

93. Mother of The Feltonville Four said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 01:54PM

“WOW!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT ALL THE BASHING, BLAMING, NAME CALLING, AND ETC. BUT IT MAKES ME THINK ABOUT WHAT JESUS WENT THROUGH FOR ALL OF US, ONLY WORSE. HE DID ALL OF THIS FOR A GOOD CAUSE AND SOME STILL TO THIS DAY DENY HIM. WHAT EVER SATAN MEANT FOR BAD, GOD CAN TURN INTO GOOD. I MET CHARLES IN FRONT OF DHS BUILDING ON HIS BROTHER LIL EDDIE'S BIRTHDAY, AND IF I MUST SAY MYSELF; HE WAS VERY SPIRITUAL AND LOVING. HE ENLIGHTEN MY HEART ON HOW TO NOT HOLD ANY ANOMOUSITY OR ANGER FOR WHAT HAPPEN TO MY GRANDBABIES DUE BY DHS AND CORRUPTED JUDGES DECISIONS. I WILL NEVER FORGET THE HURT AND PAIN THEY CAUSE OUR FAMILY, BUT I CAN THROUGH TALKING TO CHARLIE AND EXPERIENCING GOD'S LOVE FORGIVE THOSE. ~~~CHARLIE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK IN MEMORY OF YOUR BROTHER~~~. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES IN LIFE, BUT IT'S HOW WE LEARN LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKES THAT MAKES US A BETTER PERSON. LOVE CONQUER'S ALL EVIL, I HOPE AND PRAY THAT THIS FAMILY CAN SOME DAY PUT ALL THE HURTFUL WORDS AND PAIN..CONT.”

94. Mother of The Feltonville Four said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 02:10PM

“AND BEGAN TO HEAL FROM THIS TRAGIC ORDEAL. @ CHARLES MOM, SISTER, NIECE, ETC. PLEASE DON'T LET THE DEVIL STILL YOUR JOY, I BELIEVE YOU ALL ARE GOOD AND LOVING PEOPLE. GOD SEES ALL THINGS AND WITH REPENTANCE AND LOVE HE WILL FORGIVE US OF OUR SINS. I HOPE YOU ALL CAN WORK TOGETHER ON THIS MATTER, SEEING THAT YOUR LOVED ONE DEATH IS NOT IN VAIN AND WILL ONE DAY SAVE MANY MANY OTHER CHILDREN FROM THIS HENIOUS ABUSE WORLD WIDE. MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL, AND MAY HE ALSO HAVE MERCY ON US ALL. SORRY FOR WHAT YOU ALL HAD TO ENDURE IN YOUR LIFE EXPERIENCE........LOVE.........CONQUERS ALL THINGS!!!!”

95. Tamtamalby said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 02:15PM

“This is sad that this man had to endure this as a young child and that he lost a brother and it was all caused by the people appointed to protect them. I am glad however to see that even though the state dismissed this, that he has not given up hope on finding answers. I wish him all the best of luck on his journey and may God Truly Bless You!!!!”

96. Joni Girl Israel said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 03:14PM

“Charlie every time I even think of this I am so sad you were just a baby your self and had to deal with adult Shit I wish you could find the truth with out all these cover ups it just suck that you even have to fight till today just to keep it in the head lines I am her for you a lil to late yes but still and all here I hope this stays top news till things change and i dout it's any time soon but with you out there HOPE for the child that is just pushed through this with no one checking on them .. Charlies Angles !!!!!! must have the chance to try to make things right even if he couldn't for EDDIE maybe he could fine peace some were is better than no were . Good Luck Charlie..LOL”

97. Heather Baker said... on Jun 6, 2011 at 05:31PM

“Charlie, you are very strong and a great brother for trying to get justice and answers for your little brother, I believe he is smiling down and saying that's my big brother and i am so proud of him:)”

98. Renee Stuck said... on Jun 8, 2011 at 10:52PM

“WOW, the bashing on here is RIDICULOUS! Charlie, you and I are friends on facebook and I am PROUD to be your friend! You are telling your story and fighting your fight the way you should. I am a part of the Baby James Foundation and also a survivor...there needs to be more advocates out there for the children. Your family is bashing you because they are jealous...you are doing something GOOD with your life and making a positive difference. Keep up the good work!!”

99. Joni Girl Israel said... on Jun 10, 2011 at 12:41PM

“Charlie !!!!!!!! here for you till you can get your point across and stay the top story till our kids are safe and the people( we the people ) answer for the wrong that has been done here !! we will not stop till you are at peace with your self you should have never had to ever deal with that at any age!! I will always be one of CHARLIES ANGLES !!!!!!! wish every day you find some kind of peace ..I"ll be here for you ... Joni Girl”

100. L Root said... on Jul 5, 2011 at 05:57PM

“Chahlie, I am so sorry your brother had to endure all his pain and that no one else in your family can come to grips enough to do anything but deny things. Keep on the road you are on, and help save the children! I am VERY proud of you!!

Love you!”

101. sherri k said... on Jul 6, 2011 at 01:57AM

“Chahlie,keep doing what you're doing.I hope you do find answers that will lead you to the truth.As far as the rest of the family,next time you want to say anything but supportive words DON'T. Try to remember one truth. A 4 yr. old witnessed the unthinkable happen.An adult can hardly comprend what he saw.A 4 yr. old boy watched,as an adult a tall crazzy monster repeatedly beat his best friend,his play mate, HIS 2 YR. OLD BABY BROTHER.When he realized there was blood in that babys mouth and ears, That 4 yr. old a baby in his own rite,got his bones broken trying to hold on to,protect his baby brother not even understanding at that point his brother had been mortaly wounded.You his family didn't see what Chahlie saw,or hear the cries of pain that came from a baby.If telling his story eases the guilt, that he felt or feels,imagine going through the abuse both endured,he survived lil Eddie didn't. You the family went through your own private hells,sorry for that. Chahlie took a horrific”

102. Linda J. said... on Jul 18, 2011 at 12:10AM

“I met this cool guy Chahlie today while posting in a special site called R.I.P. Uptown Cook out! it is a celibration of life picnic for those who haved lost a loved one. It's a Germantown neighborhood thing! I talked with him on the phone for a while..your right! he is an awsome person! and a Rare Gem! I am going to honor his lil brother's name and add him to my PEACE QUILT that I am creating for children of Philadelphia who have lost their lives to violence. If anyone out there would like to add their loved one who is gone to the Quilt just send a swatch of material with your loved ones' name and sunrise n sunset dates and your message of peace with $1 to PEACE QUILT care of: Linda J. Beard 5027 North 11th Street Philadelphia, PA 19141 or call 267-971-6780. Material should be 8 1/2 by 11. Thanks in advance! BE A PART OF SOMETHING THAT COULD GET REALLY BIG!!”

103. Mary Anne said... on Jul 24, 2011 at 01:25PM

“I didn't lose a child of my own but I did lose child who I was very close too. Her bio mom called me mom and she lost this child because a vicious individual owing this bio mom some money made a call to SS when this mom tried to get it back by arguing with her. The foster parents (one a police officer) had some childless friends who wanted Haley. The police officer, in court, said the bio mom was mentally inept of caring for this child. The judge didn't argue. The friends got Haley. NOW, get this! The SS worker followed the bio mom out of the court house and told her, "If you appeal this case, I will come and take your baby"!!”

104. Lenean Priester said... on Jul 25, 2011 at 06:20PM

“GOD Blesses His! What's done in the dark WILL COME TO LIGHT! Trust and believe that! RIP Lil Eddie! Stay the course Chahlie! The LORD is with you!”

105. Matthew Parker said... on Aug 23, 2011 at 01:14PM

“I came across this article because of someone I care for. This whole thing is horrible. Completely horrible. RIP Eddie. To his family, I am so sorry. Nothing will ever replace this loss, but the knowledge that something is being done for others makes me happy. If only those of you that carry such hatred and contempt could set it aside, for the sake of the children, and the family as a whole. Its so sad to hear about things like this, and while it happens everyday, the ones that touch us, leave a mark so deeply that it nevers goes away. Please set aside the differences and realize that today your all here, for a reason. HIS reason. God Bless you all.”

106. Shoshanna said... on Sep 24, 2011 at 09:08AM

“I have read with interst many comments here....I too was abused severely while in the custody of the state of Florida 1965-1982. I was moved 11 times and was told that the STATE didn't want us to get attached to any one family....so I grew up unattached and still have issues with people in my life. In my last home during my teens, my foster father molested me and my sister. We could not talk to anyone because our foster mother beat the living hell out of us for any reason. Once she even made the remark that I was messin with her man! Oh my G_d! How was that possible...I was 11 when the molesting started and it went on for years. The case workers were supposed to visit us monthly but I only saw them ONCE in the 6 years I lived in that home! It's the same old story.....Case load; over load. One therory I have is that the ones we vote into office are supposed to be these little ones voices....but unfortunately society doesn' t and hasn't for centuries put a top priority on children.”

107. linda said... on Oct 13, 2011 at 09:38AM

“Having read this article and found it through machine gun preacher blog, I am so sad. Charlie is a wonderful victim advocate of millions of children in this country and worldwide. It is common and typical that a child victim who witnesses and EXPERIENCES child abuse and neglect by family members and DHS are villified by blood relatives. Why? Truth hurts. Donna, continually expecting Charles to not be a man and stand up for finding the truth regarding his and Eddies' childhood, is unreasonable. I suggest you drop your quest to shut him up and keep the peace you claim to have throughJesus and just ignore his work. It obviously upsets you, so just put your head in the sand and ignore it. Don't waste time replying to this with your defensive blogs, as it only portrays your true motive, to protect yourself from the past. That is ok to do. Don't be defensive about it JUST DO IT.
Charilies Mom, apparently that part of your life that led you to give up your first 3 children, you moved .”

108. Melinda said... on Dec 3, 2011 at 09:06PM

“Something that many posters here may not realize- this murder happened in 1967- record keeping was not nearly as thorough as is required now, both for police/courts and for child services. Nor were background checks as intensive as today (even now, some abusers can slip through, so imagine how many were overlooked back then.)
And to Eddie's and Chahlie's sister, Donna- you may have told the newspaper reporter who contacted you that you didn't want to be involved, but you are quoted quite a bit in the story, which means that you did, indeed, speak to her and give her your thoughts. Therefore she had every right to include your words in the article...

109. Nick M said... on Dec 7, 2011 at 10:52AM

“The root cause of the problem is Child Protective Services. They are evil institutions, run by psychopaths, employing psychopaths like this person's foster mother. And they successfully deflect all criticism of themselves by hiding under the protective but false banner of "our intentions are good." Bullshit. They are in the family destruction business. Kids continue to be abused every day by CPS.

110. Teresa Truman said... on Dec 12, 2011 at 09:19AM

“omg what a sad sad story we all no only to well this will continue to happen again again at the hands of these monsters that the SS choose to give our children to. Take them from loving family's and give them to a life of torcher they must be stopped we must all pull together to name these animals my thoughts are with you Charles.”

111. Knightgale said... on Dec 14, 2011 at 08:41AM

“Where were YOU, when we called "your name?" Far too many "children" suffered and died so needlessly, and continues to happen, is a national epidemic.NO one can comprehend, nor "understand" until "they" have "walked in our shoes".!!! I commend Mr. Stecker for his courage and tenacity for "truth and justice". We ALL must "help" to STOP THIS MADNESS of abuse of the "children"”

112. Donette Muse-Delasalle said... on Dec 14, 2011 at 09:14AM

“There are no words to describe the injustice that this country allows to happen to children while the 'powers that be' continually support billions of dollars to fund concerts, Hollywood stars and sports players. Billions of dollars are spent each year to pay and support these people while innocent children are bludgeoned, starved, molested and neglected while the "powerful" continue their lives as if nothing else is happening. It's disgusting, appalling, and should never be allowed to happen. I personally know of 2 children that have been molested at the hands of a predator and, when reported, nothing was done. The predator is still free to manipulate and abuse at his convenience and knows he won't be caught. He and his family are "friends" with the local sheriff and when reported, the allegations were "put into a file" because there was "no proof for arrest." My prayers and heart go with you Charles. Keep trying. Maybe someday......”

113. g said... on Dec 16, 2011 at 06:55AM

“hope someone grows a heart and finally gives you and your brother some peace!”

114. Donna (coworker & friend) said... on Dec 16, 2011 at 08:10AM

“I pray that the info you seek is brought out into the light for you. I pray that you succeed in your quest to help stop the violence against the innocent perpetrated by the very ones who are supposed to protect, nurture and love them. May God continue to use you as His tool against this horrible epidemic. I pray that the law makers and the those who are in the power to make the change necessary find the strength and conviction to make the change. I pray that all your prayers are answered Chahlie. Take care my friend”

115. Dawn said... on Dec 16, 2011 at 08:19AM

“Unfortunately, these circumstances were not isolated. Although I was never in foster care, my brother and I had a babysitter (who lived across the street from us). She had several foster children in her care and was extremely abusive. I remember spending the night at her house once and seeing that the foster kids were chained to their beds at night so they couldn't get up to use the bathroom. My brother and I deemed her the most evil woman on earth. She once made me stand outside in the freezing cold snow up to my hips because I didn't want her grandson to wear my winter coat. It was after that incident that my mother found out through a chain of phone calls from another neighbor, my mother pulled us from this babysitter by the next morning and had a new and excellent babysitter. This occurred in the mid to late sixties. I imagine there are some changes to foster care laws since that time, but who watches out for these kids to be sure? If I were Chahlie, I would learn to let go of it”

116. Dawn said... on Dec 16, 2011 at 08:21AM

“Holding on to it only holds you back from doing the work you want to do. I had to learn that hard lesson and it stops you from realizing true happiness. Anyway, the best of luck in helping others, that is very noble. But don't look for answers to the questions. They really don't help resolve anything. Sometimes it makes things worse on the inside.”

117. Anonymous said... on Dec 16, 2011 at 08:37AM

“This is a heart wrenching story.. Breaks my heart every time I read it”

118. Tammy Love said... on Dec 16, 2011 at 09:21AM

“keep fighting, being a voice, people are listening, and seeing it all. People who are not in your situation or a situation where there are no answers, have no idea how it lays upon a person's mind, the unknown, and if for someone out there they do not need those answers, good for them, as for me and as for you, we need the answers, in order to get justice any type of any kind of justice. Keep searching for what you need.....

119. Anonymous said... on Dec 16, 2011 at 10:10AM

“I am really sorry for you lose its just so crazy how the system can cover anything up it sad to hear that one person would not stand up for a 2 year old the heartless people in this,world its like well he is not my child so I can turn my back... I hope in the end when these people meet their maker they will have to answer not I hope i know they will... GOD is watching over you and you keep your fight alive no matter what anyone says u are right to keep going for your bother and yourself keep his name alive as long as u are hear... What u are doing is,what more people should do standing up tall hold ur head high becuase ur bother is proud of u.... With everything u have been threw mist people would of gave up ,but giving up is not an option keep fighting...”

120. donna harris said... on Dec 16, 2011 at 11:23AM

“there is wayyyyyyyyyy too much bashing towards you. Don't people care anymore about others feelings or has the world turned a blind eye to the horrors in it. I am proud of you for taking a stand and for wanting justice, I think a lot of us with a heart want that for you. Its such a sad thing to happen to you and to your brother, it shouldn't have never happened. The ones who are bashing you need a strong reality check.”

121. Ashley & Kim (Anti-Abuse Activists) said... on Dec 17, 2011 at 01:26AM

“The entire point here seems to have gotten lost many comments ago, amongst some very strong egos. Let us all remember that this all began with the birth of a healthy, beautiful baby boy named Eddie, who somehow was displaced from his family and found himself caught up in the system of Foster Care; in the wrong hands! Charhlie, only four years old himself took on a role much larger than any pre-schooler should ever imagine, and was now faced with a scenario that haunts him for the rest of his life! One baby dead, violently and savagely murdered as another baby helplessly looks on and attempts, with all his might, to instictually protect his brother! A lasting NIGHTMARE: and you dare speak about G-d and the bible and preach about Charlhie's wrong-doings?! You were an absentee parent! I say so, without judgement or prejudice, but as a Mom, help your Son now to find PEACE! He needs you NOW, as he needed someone then! Unity equals power!”

122. omg said... on Dec 17, 2011 at 11:25PM

“this guy needs to just grab a cardboard sign with will work for food on it. it would do better for your pride than begging your over 4000 facebook friends for beer money. you were appalled over just 3 comments, tisk tisk, if people really cared about you then you wouldn't have to ask. dumbass.”

123. Insanity said... on Dec 18, 2011 at 09:19AM

“I cannot believe the nasty post on here! One if ya know he on fv asking for money and you don't like it......don't be his friend.two it must be nice to be judging from the other side of the gate.sisters nieces motherwhat I see is a women had a family and was like ahhh I'm not liking this and gave then up without a fight to be beaten, and killed! BUT.....started over having and raising more kids, providing stability and such love and blindness to her own faults, that they would never be able to empathize with what this man endured! On to of the abuse n witness to his brothers murder, he had to deal with the fact he was abandoned, our better yet replaced! Your all gross”

124. Kate Cassidy said... on Dec 18, 2011 at 03:28PM

“What a tragic story. I cannot imagine what it must be like losing your little brother in such a cruel way. A tiny little boy so badly beaten that he died..this was murder! This woman should NEVER have been allowed to foster children if another child died while in her care. My heart goes out to you, Charles. Keep going.....you are a strong man. May God give you the strength to get on with your life. Keep fighting for what you want. Too many children are suffering in this world and it must stop...God bless you Charles ...”

125. Anonymous said... on Feb 27, 2012 at 05:48AM

“Next Tuesday, February 28, 2012 marks the 45th Angelversary of Chahlie's Angel Soul being reclaimed by his Maker. I will be holding a Two Hour Candlelight Vigil from 9 to 11 pm in front of the home where it happened. The Significance of the Time for the Vigil is based upon his estimated actual time of death”

126. Kim said... on Feb 28, 2012 at 07:18AM

“I came across this story and thought I would post a few words. Chahlie you are a light in the lives of many abused children. Keep speaking out and DO NOT keep the silence.

Donna, I am sorry that you feel the need to post so strongly against your brother. I hope that someday you too, may be able to find peace with the past.

Chahlie's mom, if you were not abusive, then there is really no need to defend yourself so vehemently. It really does not help you at all to do so. It only makes you seem unable to admit to past mistakes and makes you less credible.

My only hope and prayer for all of you is to find the answers, the peace, and closure in your lives. Good luck to all of you.”

127. donna taylor said... on Feb 29, 2012 at 01:20AM

“Everything I put on here is truth. If you don't like it oh well.”

128. Suncana said... on Mar 18, 2012 at 03:02PM

“Edward Eddie John Stecker died in February1967, today is 2012, but nothing changed, other than the politicians in charge of state, and the names of dead children.
In the name of "child protection" children have been beaten. In the name of "children's rights" children have been raped. And in the name of "erring on the side of the child," children have been murdered. These are the stories of some of those children. Children Protective Services - the government agency paid to protect children from abusers - failed those children. Learn more about them.....Please read their stories -- http://suncanaa.com

129. ilyd said... on Mar 20, 2012 at 07:07PM

“hey charlie did you buy that nice purple harley you're sporting on your page with all the money you begged from your 4,000 or so friends on facebook?
just curious...”

130. Chahlie Stecker said... on Mar 21, 2012 at 09:13AM

“"ILYD" how Heartless, Crude and Misinformed you are.

First and Foremost if you've been reading my Facebook at all you would know that my Birth Father who is Eddie's Father as well is Actively Dying in Hospice Care and I'm taking care of him by myself.

Secondly, I begged No Money from anyone at anytime. I did ask for donations to aid in my Quest to End Child Abuse. Any monies that were donated we're fully accounted for to the people who did give.

And Finally, I challenge you to come from behind your Dark Cloak of Anonymity and into the Light to expose who you are. I feel the multitude of attack comments in this stream of comments came from the same source, YOU.”

131. donna taylor said... on Mar 25, 2012 at 12:30AM

“I apologize for anything I said about Chuck. I was very wrong for the posts I did. I truly apologize for my wrong doings. I was WRONG, not him.”

132. Gail Charles said... on Apr 9, 2012 at 09:34PM

“God Bless you n God bless you. He is your angel here to guide you..”

133. WOW said... on May 12, 2012 at 08:59AM

“Seriously? Chahlie is trying to mend his life and do right by his brother and other children. Good thing. You guys are losing your bio father. He may or may not deserve your love but you need to say what you must now or it may go forever without getting it out. Just remember, if you say something mean or ignorant, that will be what you end your relationship with. It will not only say to him what you want but it will speak volumes about you. Your bio mom is not a great person either. Her behavior when you were younger is ridiculous. It doesn't matter what you grew up with- EVERY ONE KNOWS that beating a child (or anyone) is wrong. There are some things that just are. Cheating on your spouse- wrong. Abuse- wrong. You don't have to be raised in a 'good' family to know that. She probably found Dr Phil and now is feeling guilty and trying to justify her actions but she knows she's on borrowed time (at 70, of course she is) and it 'sounds' like she is trying to put it behind”

134. WOW said... on May 12, 2012 at 09:05AM

“her. You can't blame her for that. Whether or not she truly feels that way, you won't know. And honestly, what does it really matter? As for you siblings- oh man. You guys! You do not have to be so mad at each other. It sounds like you are all trying to make it. Trying to live. Have happiness. None of you are to blame for what each of your relationships with your parents or for what happened to Eddie! You are only responsible for YOU. Your actions. How you treat not how you're treated. If you are abusing someone, stop! Even if that person is yourself. Come on, you know right from wrong. If someone isn't treating you the way you want, it is your responsibility to move on. Walk away. You don't 'owe' them your life or any part of you. You have all the tools to make your life what you want it to be. Think before you act, ask for help if you need it, help others if you can. Keep in mind, we are the only ones that owe anything to ourselves.”

135. WOW said... on May 12, 2012 at 09:06AM

“We are truly the only ones that can pay up.”

136. Abusive Mom said... on Jun 1, 2012 at 03:12PM

“I was a teen mom who had three children before I was 20, and a fourth by 24. I yelled, hit, swore and left my children unattended more than once. To the parents of Charlie, Eddie and Donna this is what your children need to hear from you:
I'm sorry.
I was wrong.
I hope you can forgive me.
Is there anything I can do to make it better?
I will never do it again.
Our adult children deserve our love, support, respect, kindness and help in every way we possibly can to make up for our poor parenting.”

137. Charles J Stecker Jr said... on Jun 14, 2012 at 11:17PM

“Here is an excerpt from an article I recently read. I think it explains my families responses to this article to the umpteenth degree.

If siblings were not abused or are simply unable to acknowledge what happened to them, the one who steps forward is labeled a liar or even a traitor. In a common twist, the survivor is portrayed as the transgressor while the abuser garners support from the family members who resent the survivor’s “doing this to poor Mom."Thus, the accused abuser is portrayed as victim.”

138. abbigail said... on Aug 26, 2012 at 03:32PM

“Hi, im really sorry to hear what happened to you and your brother. It makes me feel sick to the pit of my stomache. I have no clue how things work over there im from the U.K (i saw your comment on the machine gun preacher website) but i find it sickening how the authorities are hiding the missing piece of the jigsaw. Its wrong just plain wrong... you suffered through this and even when your baby brother was out of pain and in heaven looking out for you, you still hold the hurt and pain within your heart. I know through my own experience that you will never heal the best you can until you know the truth. I pray to God that you will find the answers you are looking for.... but for now please remember Eddie is now happy and looking over his loving big brother until the day you meet again. God Bless you and every child on this planet who are suffering and have suffered x x x”

139. abbigail said... on Aug 26, 2012 at 03:50PM

“Ive just read a few comments above my comments.
I too am a young mother and I am 25. I have 5 children, my 4th child was bought into the world when I was 20. My youngest is 10 months.
Age is never an excuse. I have never struck my children except once and I have never left them alone I have never abused them in any way. I once struck my eldest child around the face when she was 3. I went to see my gp the same day and told him.... i got help for post natal depression (i think its post partum or something in U.S). That was the 1st and last time.
Therefore I think abuse is a choice. I chose to get help. Some people are just sick and like to see kids hurt. Some people like to have the power so they abuse and some people abuse because they blame the child for ever being concieved. Theres many reasons but behind them all there is alwayd the chance to get help.
Its whether the abusers make the right CHOICE! I was a young mom and I am a fantastic mom!
May god forgive you abusive mom”

140. Tammy R said... on Sep 15, 2012 at 07:39PM

“I cried my eyes out after reading this! You are a true hero for giving your pain to Christ and becoming a voice for abused children. Unfortunately I know your pain,as well as many other good parents who lost custody to an abusive parent. Something NEEDS to be done with this broken system. Too many children are being abused and dying. My children's step mother and father both of whom I had protective orders against now have my children in Florida and I'm NOT allowed any contact whatsoever. I've never hurt or neglected my children in any way, shape or form, I don't do drugs. I'm not an alcoholic and I don't have any mental issues, yet they got custody of my children who have been with me their whole life. My children are in grave danger and I pray daily that I get them back before it is too late.
Please read my story along with several more factual stories about this "horrifying" trend that is destroying the lives of our innocent children. www.factscourtwatch.org

141. tammy said... on Sep 15, 2012 at 10:18PM

“This should be made into a movie as an inspiration to others! God Bless you!”

142. Kim Lavoie said... on Oct 14, 2012 at 04:39AM

“WOW, pity train, first of all Donna, & birth mother sounds like it's easier to blame Charles than deal with the truth, he has moved on and is doing good for victims of abuse, why must you publically trash him like this? dysfunction junction, time to get off THAT train, he sounds normal to me, and you two sound bitter, angry and jealous, that he is doing some good with his life, and you can't move on. Biological mother, I don't care what kind of problems you have had, I have 5 children one, disabled, and many problems, financially, divorce, death of a spouse, health problems, and there is NOTHING that would make me put my kids in foster care especially my past, excuses, excuses, you should be ashamed of yourself, you both owe Charles an appology for Soooo much, It is a God given miracle ha has turned out the way he did, a fine man, who is trying to change the system, so mor children don't end up like his brother, AMEN to that!!!”

143. James said... on May 26, 2013 at 07:31AM

“Charles, it was a great honour meeting you on May 17 in Hamilton Ontario Canada. As a former teacher kicked out of teaching because I dare protest sex offenders being allowed to teach in our schools, it is very comforting to know many many others are taking up the cause of protecting children at so many levels....it is very very troubling to hear the stories of death and destruction by people in authority. Like you kind Sir, I belief that we must do all in our power to defend and protect our future generations. Most Sincerely”

144. Anonymous said... on Jun 2, 2013 at 08:39PM

“Good Luck.
I tried to say more but it just became a resentment filled post about how I can't get as far as you have in finding justice for myself.

No matter what happens do not quit.”

145. Anonymous said... on Sep 5, 2013 at 07:31AM

“It is absolutely TRUE that Charles(Chulie, Chuck) or what every alias you may be using, do take money's from people for your own use! And I have absolute proof of this. You most certainly have a story of abuse and a horrific tale to tell, but you have NO RIGHT to take money for your own survival. Enough said!”

146. Charles J Stecker Jr said... on Sep 5, 2013 at 03:26PM

“Another Anonymous Nay-Sayer... Such is Life...

Come from behind your Cloak of Anonymity with your Allegations.

I actually think I may know who this one is...

Whoever it is Please send me your Absolute Proof of me taking peoples monies for my own use. What's Sad is when people send you monies to utilize for a mission and then twist the story with their friends for whatever odd reason.

By the way I didn't TAKE any money, It was forced upon me despite my consistently turning it down. Then when I did accept what I thought was a Blessing... All Heck broke loose. Ugh :-(

147. Trevpr Doering "not anonymous" said... on Sep 5, 2013 at 04:03PM

“Children's Aid is a huge problem in a lot of Country's. Children's Advocates are up against huge corporations with millions to spend on advertizing how good of a job they aren't actually doing. Millions are needed by advocates to even have a fighting chance to go up against these people, in a way of advertizing and informing the public. I have personally spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in money and lost wages funding my own fight, for Children in Foster Care as I am sure Charles has as well. What ever little donation we are talking about I doubt very much comes close to what charles has spent in the last 30 years or so, fighting against big corporations who are the ones in charge of this terribly corrupt industry, called Children's Aid,”

148. Anonymous said... on Jan 6, 2014 at 05:25AM

“Chuck's daughter doesnt want anything to do with him. Things in this article do not add up, and the one who wrote it should have

Read more: http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/news-and-opinion/cover-story/Man-Seeks-Answers-44-Years-After-Witnessing-Brothers-Death.html?page=6&comments=1&showAll=#ixzz2pc0vGC7x

This is indeed a sad story that affects so many lives. Not just one! This article is full of half truths on behalf of Mr.Steckers desire to tell the public his side of the story. However, Mr.Stecker has indeed told many stories of his abuse and the death of his beloved brother Eddie. However, each time, this story becomes more about Mr.Stecker than his brother. He states in the above article that he was told of his brothers death by his "Father" who he despised. And it is my belief that this man does attempt to take money's for his own personal gain. I wish that people who read this would remember that there are so many of us who were abused! Cont>”

149. Anonymous said... on Jan 6, 2014 at 05:32AM

“This man that so many people are praising is fake, why would he be on facebook asking for people to send him money to go to a convention he didnt even attend? Please do not fall for it people, take it from a niece who already fell for the BS. I hope my family finds peace eventually, there is no need to continually bring this up. It is what it is,

Read more: http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/news-and-opinion/cover-story/Man-Seeks-Answers-44-Years-After-Witnessing-Brothers-Death.html?page=6&comments=1&showAll=#ixzz2pc3fPSUM

I do wish that Mr.Stecker would listen to the voices of others who's tragedy's are just as horrific as his. Imagine being a Mother and having your Child Murdered by a complete stranger and never being able to find his/her killer or their body? Living with it everyday, every minute of your life? Our hearts go out to anyone and everyone who has suffered abuse. We only ask that OUR Children who are missing or have been murdered gain the same notoriety as this story.”

150. Charles J Stecker Jr said... on Jan 7, 2014 at 05:28PM

“Dear Anonymous,
If what you have to say is the Truth then put your name on the Line.
You know Not, that of which you Speak...
May God have Mercy on your Merciless Soul...
Expose Thyself Vermin...
But Alas as usual you shall stay in the Dark...

151. Charles J Stecker Jr said... on Jan 8, 2014 at 07:49AM

“01/08/2014

RE: Cease and Desist from Defamation of my Character

To Whom it Applies:

This CEASE AND DESIST ORDER is to inform you that your persistent actions including but not limited to e-mailing, private messaging, phone calling, texting, posting and/or commenting defamatory statements in reference to my character have become unbearable. You are ORDERED TO STOP such activities immediately as they are being done in violation of the law.

I have the right to remain free from these activities as they constitute defamation of character, and I will pursue any legal remedies available to me against you if these activities continue. These remedies include but are not limited to: contacting law enforcement to obtain criminal sanctions against you, and suing you civilly for damages I have incurred as a result of your actions.

Again, you must IMMEDIATELY STOP defaming my character. You risk incurring some very severe legal consequences if you fail to comply with this demand.

cont. below..”

152. Charles J Stecker Jr said... on Jan 8, 2014 at 07:50AM

“This posting acts as your final warning to discontinue this unwanted conduct before I pursue legal actions against you. At this time, I am not contacting the authorities or filing civil suit against you, as I hope we can resolve this matter without authoritative involvement. I am not under any circumstances, however, waiving any legal rights I have presently, or future legal remedies against you by posting this. This order acts as ONE FINAL CHANCE for you to cease your illegal activities before I exercise my rights.

Failure to do so will act as evidence of your infringement upon my legal rights, and I will immediately seek legal avenues to remedy the situation.

Sincerely,
Charles J Stecker Jr”

153. Danielle said... on Feb 4, 2014 at 04:56PM

“I have read everything on here. and didn't really know where to start. I live in New Zealand. the child abuse rate is incredibly high here, for such a small city. I am a foster child, who has grown up to be a foster mum. I endured abuse growing up. and think in the case of this story. that people want to forget. My mother also denies any abuse. as Im sure any foster siblings/parents also would. people don't want to remember all of that. they want to push it under the rug and pretend it never happened.

As I found with my own siblings, who also grew up in foster care with me, one of my sisters is like me, and will openly talk about things, the oldest one (who endured the most abuse and is now mentally ill) denies everything, just as my mother does. I think its normal human behaviour to try and sugar coat things.

154. Danielle said... on Feb 4, 2014 at 04:58PM

I am no psychologist, and I don't know all the nitty gritty, but I think Charles mother, is also in denial, and I think Donna probably didn't endure the same abuse as her older brothers, and therefore cant remember. but everyone copes with their own issues differently, some like to pretend it never happened as a way to cope and move on, and others, like Charles and myself, prefer to be open and talk about things.

keep on keeping on Charles. look after yourself, keep your head up high. and ignore the haters.”

155. Conie Cusio said... on Feb 4, 2014 at 07:32PM

“It was heart breaking to read this article! Why in the hell of this state is not arresting this foster killer mom? Obviously, the FCS/cps were conspiring w/ this foster killer mom, and not only baby Edward but one baby died in her care. WE AS A PETITIONER we need to support Mr. Stecker, and that state of Philadelphia has the responsible why they did not arrest, charge, and should be serving in prison for life for child abuse and serial baby killer.”

156. kimber said... on Apr 1, 2014 at 12:47AM

“wow. this is just in more ways wrong then i can even start to explain, first of all im so sorry for the loss of edward. as a hospice nurse i see first hand how hard death is on family members a daily basis. but putting that aside, all of this negativity is just bs. this isnt about who did what wrong, or who can get the worst comment in, its about a child that was taken wrongfully before his time. and nobody was held accountable for it...... you people sit here posting all of this crap when you shouldnt be. its just wrong...... my opinion as for the birth mother having other children after the death of edward, and you saying she was/is a good mother, why wasnt she a good mother to the first three children she had. she didnt fight for them, try to get them back or anything did she? so what kind of mother is that. she has to live with that choice, her being a good mother the the others certainly doesnt make up for what happened the the first three does it?”

157. Janet said... on Apr 4, 2014 at 07:40PM

“Is there no record of the burial? Nothing in the newspaper archives? Court Records? Police Log?
I hope you find what you're looking for & just know that God is holding Eddie in his arms & he will never be harmed again. I pray for God to walk with you through your journey.

158. Shelly C - Williamsport Pa said... on May 31, 2014 at 02:48PM

“Don't ever give up, keep looking for your answers,someone has the answers. God bless you”

159. Anonymous said... on Jul 7, 2014 at 08:53PM

“This guy is a con artist, so don't believe everything you read. Yes, it's a very sad and tragic story, but this man scams people for donations so that he doesn't have to work for a living. Just be cautious of his donation requests.”

160. Charles J Stecker Jr said... on Sep 7, 2014 at 04:09PM

“Comment #159... Come from behind your Anonymity... Expose your so-called truths openly... Offering me the opportunity to answer to your frivolous claims... Otherwise I STRONGLY suggest that you Silence yourself....”