Is Domelights Shutting Down?

By PW Staff
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 30 | Posted Jul. 17, 2009

Here's a statement from "McQ," Domelights' administrator, following the lawsuit against the Philly Police making allegations the site is racist and maintained by PPD officers on city time:

Due to the lawsuit, there is a very real possibility that I may have to suspend service on Domelights.com. This may happen with little or no warning, depending upon the circumstances.

This is in NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM an admission of liability or wrongdoing on my part. In fact, I CATEGORICALLY deny any wrongdoing on my part. I did not make racist posts. I did not maintain the website on city time/equipment. I did not create a hostile environment in my workplace via the website or any other means.

That said, I will follow the advice of my attorney to the letter, in the hopes of resolving this matter. Unfortunately, this might mean a suspension or permanent discontinuation of service.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported Domelights.com over the past 9+ years.

McQ

COMMENTS

1. A CONCERNED TAX PAYOR said... on Jul 17, 2009 at 02:54PM

“THIS SHOULD MEAN A SUSPENSION AND DISCONTINUANCE OF SERVICE 9 YEARS OR NOT.”

2. Anonymous said... on Jul 17, 2009 at 06:40PM

“This case is pathetic! But it is being brought in Philadelphia so they will definitly win. This is clearly a first ammendment issue and the only thing that they should go after is posting on city time and computers if that happened.This was not supported by the city of philadelphia so I see no merit in this lawsuit other than they they know that the city will just settle.”

3. Anonymous said... on Jul 17, 2009 at 09:31PM

“They should open up this lawsuit to non police and people of any color! I was harassed but this site for years. It started because I disagreed with the brass members. They all ganged up on me, and their slurs and lies spread from internet to real time! I did a search and after 4 years there are still posts of lies as recent as May! They dont let anything go! It is one big game to some of the members, the rest are afraid to take a stand because they will be harassed on line and on the job. I know this for a fact. That board should have been shut down years ago..they are grown men that act like little boys! Reminds me of grade school..but these are grown men! I think the lawsuit should be against the member that did the harassing racist/ sexist posts!”

4. Anonymous said... on Jul 18, 2009 at 09:45AM

“What a crock! The website is private. Whatever they say or do is protected. The lawyers who brought this suit are bloodsuckers who know there is no legitimate claim to be made against the city. They should be sanctioned by the Court for bringing this wrongful lawsuit. What a crock!”

5. Anonymous said... on Jul 18, 2009 at 09:08PM

“That is the most hateful and disturbing site I have ever seen, and Ive seen a few. To think that these are Police officers posting these thoughts in the public domain should give everyone pause. If their willing to openly post this garbage I wonder what is going on inside their heads that they dont post.”

6. Disappointed said... on Jul 18, 2009 at 10:46PM

“I blame the Commish and the Mayor for this disgraceful behavior. This undermines the mission of the police dept. And further erodes the public trust of law enforcement. Nobody respects the police anymore. There’s culture of racism and ignorance destroying the integrity of the dept. Then factor in that bully mentality and you get this racist website. And the website is still up. Very defiant. They want to fight about it. Let McQ hire a lawyer, take it to court and go broke fighting it. It's harassment and creates a hostile work environment. And if this is done on work time at the RoundHouse. Let the City of Phila save money by cutting those positions and separating those employees. No other job would allow this. It warrants a civil suit because the police brass dare not doing their jobs . The public is aware - some cops are just criminals.

7. Anonymous said... on Jul 18, 2009 at 11:52PM

“If you don't believe in freedom of speech. Please block your ears or leave the country. Slash your wrist if you have to. But stop destroying America.”

8. Anonymous said... on Jul 19, 2009 at 12:14AM

“#7 When you posted slash your wrist..that reminds me of a post on domelights years ago..one poster told another to kill himself..that shows alot about that site. The members have a problem with everyone that is not like them or in their click clack. Many members are not police just want to be's The court should order the posters of the harassing racist posts to ID themselves..other member that are not involved in this, should not be held responsible for the others actions.”

9. J BO said... on Jul 19, 2009 at 05:57PM

“I support FREE SPEECH and the Domelights. These cops (black and white) need all the help they can get. The entire city is against them. This city coddles criminals..just ask the Don't Snitch A$$holes in West and North Philly. I hope they are kill each other.”

10. Anonymous said... on Jul 20, 2009 at 05:36PM

“It is freedom of speech, I am surprised a lawyer even took this on. We all just saw the case where the teenage girl killed herself and the adult who drove her to it was let off. The KKK, Nazi's all have sites, as much as I abhor these people, they have the right to spew what ever vile they want. And it needs to stay that way, it is the cost of freedom.”

11. Anonymous said... on Jul 21, 2009 at 08:42AM

“You won't find any more deragotory comments on Domelights than on ANY OTHER PUBLIC (not just PPD post on there, anyone w/ a valid email can join the site) CHAT FORUM. The first step should have been a complaint to the moderator, NOT A LAW SUIT!!!

12. white philadelphia tax payer said... on Jul 21, 2009 at 01:56PM

“i am tax payer in the state of penn. I beleive this is oppurtunity to clear the police force of filth that does not deserve to serve our city or state. I call on local politicians and watch dog groups to go after these cops. I am just as shocked by racist banter as a black man living in philly, and there is no reason for it. The next time I vote for any public office, my big question will be what has this politician done to combat this behavior and punish these higher ranking officers whose have posted these racist remarks and pictures. My tax money will not fund a white supremacist group. heads need to roll. AND If Polticians dont act there will be consequences and change.”

13. Bruce Bean said... on Jul 21, 2009 at 02:21PM

“Again, Police officers serve the public. I am a high school teacher and this would be like me creating a website that talks about the young girls I work with in a sexual manner. No matter that it is on my own time, it doesn't matter that it is private. What matters is that I having an in appropriate public discussion about the people that I am supposed to be serving. It is unethical and civilly liable.”

14. Anonymous said... on Jul 21, 2009 at 09:11PM

“I respect and appreciate the vast majority of the philadelphia police that are good people doing a good job.

There is no room for racism anywhere in law enforcement, especially in a city like philly with such a large minority population. "Free speech" does not apply to the law. That applies to normal citizens, who are allowed to be ignorant and dumb. Why is it an issue to put cops at higher standards? Yes, I think cops should only post on certain websites while advertising as cops, and I also think they should only say the lawful thing. Say what you want by your own name on your own time, but it anything is signed "this is my opinion as a philly cop", it should be to a higher standard than what ignorant chumps like you and I can post. They are, after all, the law.”

15. Loretta said... on Jul 22, 2009 at 08:57AM

“Make the head of Creative Steps the new administrator of PPD. Blacks always get their way like free trips to Disney World. Give all black police memberships at The Valley Swim Club. Philly is a great demonstration of Racism at it's finest, no wonder why whites have been leaving Philly like rats leaving a sinking ship. Could it be all pointed back to one big black finger called Mayor Nutter or does this censorship go all the way upto 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Some info to consider.”

16. ranter said... on Jul 23, 2009 at 07:38PM

“The Guardian Civic League is a chapter of the National Black Police Association.

In 2005 the NBPA participated in an Amici Curiae brief filed on behalf of a number of criminals, including one by the name of Jalil Abdul Muntaqim, who is more correctly known by his former name, Anthony Bottom.

Anthony Bottom is a domestic terrorist and member of the former Black Liberation Army who is serving a life sentence for the May 21, 1971 assassination of NYPD Police Officers Waverly Jones and Joseph Piagentini. The BLA, a racist black supremacist cult, engaged in a reign of terror involving police assassinations throughout the United States during the 1970's and 1980's.

Complaint Link: http://www.naacpldf.org/content/pdf/munt....micus_Brief.pdf

In 2000 Ronald Hampton, Executive Director of NBPA, publicly came out in support of efforts on behalf of another vile cop killer, Mumia Abu Jamal, more correctly known by his former name, Wesley Cook. Cook, of course, is the killer of Philadelphia Police Officer Daniel Faulkner. Cook was a member of the Philadelphia Black Panther Party, a racist black supremacist cult that gave rise to the Black Liberation Army that Bottom was a soldier in. Hampton's and NBPA efforts for Mumia probably pre-date 2000.

2000 article citing Hampton and Mumia: http://revcom.us/a/v21/1040-049/1044/amnesty.htm

2007 web page from NY Free Mumia Chapter indicating participation in a Mumia event of Hampton: http://www.freemumia.com/April24.html

This current lawsuit is essentially creating some sort of legal basis for suggesting that guilt by association on an open internet forum can be the foundation for creation of a hostile work environment.

Domelights Lawsuit: http://www.popehat.com/wp-content/upload....-Domelights.pdf

17. Anonymous said... on Jul 23, 2009 at 08:28PM

“Well Domelights is shut down.

Now what?

Lets get all of the white officers start an organization for white police only.
How about an organization devoted to the advancement of white people, with advice and political support from the White Clergy.

Do you think that that might just be a little racist?

Get off of it, Domelights wasn't racist but the blacks only G.C.L. is.

Like one individual stated, it must be racist to portray blacks in any like light other than favorable.

Now I have to review my thinking that maybe I should start to look at blacks with a different eye because if they are able to muzzle free speech today what will they try to manipulate tomorrow?

18. Tasha said... on Jul 24, 2009 at 10:04AM

“I checked out Domelights when it was first brought into the news, seems to me that the post about the Swim club brought in unwanteds(net trolls) and that's where the racist posts came from, even the regular posters had said something, you can tell from their post count. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with what I read on the other threads, just opinions even if they are strong they didn't look racist to me.

19. Anonymous said... on Jul 24, 2009 at 10:08AM

“I feel as though the president of G.C.L is over reacting because our officers in blue, of all colors blasted her on that site for the way she runs things, I read the site thoroughly and it seems she is upset at that. To me that is no reason to sue anyone or make claims of racism.. They talked about her job skills not her color! The only racism on there came recently with the racism in the news and from outside sources. I.E. new people registering. And she stated there was a racist picture on there, to which I didn't see, I only seen the pictures of our slain officers, which should count for something, although it seems she doesn't care about them. Maybe she is the racist...
And she should be shamed that fellow African Americans, held a vigil for a cop killer across the street of the cop he murdered, to which I'd like to include she had a no comment to the story on that site. Police officers only have one color = blue.

Racism goes both ways, not just white on black”

20. Tasha said... on Jul 24, 2009 at 10:20AM

“Ranter : "I can't think of a more hostile work environment for a cop than one created by having to work alongside people who support the efforts of cop killers. Guilt by association works both ways and I'm sure there are numerous examples of this involving the NBPA.” I couldn't agree more with this post. a cop killer getting support from African American cops because he is also an African American, that's more hostile than any website. That's like supporting a terrorist, who just killed numbers of our soldiers, yes it's exactly the same thing. Police officers are our soldiers in our neighborhoods, cities and states.”

21. Anonymous said... on Jul 24, 2009 at 12:06PM

“I have been a Philadelphia Police Officer for sixteen years and I am disgusted by the culture and lack of proffesonalism displayed by Black Police Officers and White Police Officers and any Other race of Police Officer. We are a special type of "people"who do a job that most people dont want to do for several reasons namely the pay, the lack of support that we have from our city adminastration from the top to the bottom, the lack of respect from a small percentage of the public, the risk, and so on and so on. We as Police Officers need to stop jumping on the band wagon of every little contraversy that is brought to our attention, we are making ourselves look like fools ALL RACES. BROTHERHOOD,MANHOOD,RACEHOOD,GENDERHOOD, lets get it togerther and stop waiting for someone to do it for us. I am a Black Police Officer in The Philadelphia Police Department but it is a shame that it is even nessceary to identify my self by race first for the purpose of this posting. GOD BLESS EVERY1”

22. Paul said... on Jul 27, 2009 at 01:51PM

“Cops are douche bags in general, this really shouldn't be any sort of shock. If you're a cop and you're reading this and you're thinking "Not me, I'm one of the good ones," stop yourself and realize that no, you're not. You're probably a shithead, and unless you're directly involved in actually preventing and solving real CRIMES (as opposed to the petty bullshit you seem to waste all of your time and OUR money involving yourself in), I can basically guarantee you're a waste of skin.”

23. Paul is an asshat said... on Aug 19, 2009 at 12:00PM

“Wow Paul. How kind of you. What the fuck do you do for a living? What makes you think you're not a "waste of skin"? You think you can do so much better of a job? The put up or shut up, asshole. Go do the job and show all those "waste[s] of skin" how it should be done. Better yet, as a throwback to domelights, how about you just kill yourself?”

24. Gormley said... on Aug 25, 2009 at 12:09AM

“Bilals personal agenda and all the bullshit involved is going to come out in the bitter end. The only way her shifty assed lawyer could make this BS case stick was to attach it to something work related. And that is a crock of shit. It all hinges on if anyone of the moderators accessed that sight while at work and I am betting none did. BUT i will bet my life savings that every single boss on the third floor of that Police Administration Building does. They all read that sight up there every single day and when they get the IP records for all the deputies computers they will see that. That and every single other boss sitting at a desk with internet access. They all read that sight. I hope when this is all done that the operator of domelights sues BILAL and the GCL.”

25. Xcop said... on Aug 27, 2009 at 11:52PM

“Domelights was the breaking news source for Philadelphia. I checked, two, three, four, five, times a day. Some of the posts made me cringe but so do many of the articles in the daily rag and inky. It was news, with people opinion attached. I miss Domelights. Bilal is a turd. Can you say turd here? Is it wrong to think that Vick is a dog killer, even though he did time for his crime?
BTW: Did I say that I did not agree with many of the posts? No one treated the cops better then Mayor Street, he made safe streets$$$$$$

26. JerryBerry said... on Nov 30, 2009 at 09:18PM

“Mayor Street made the streets of Philadelphia safe? I didn't know he had time for that. I was always under the impression he was much to busy hiring all of his relatives to get any city business done.”

27. JerryBerry said... on Nov 30, 2009 at 09:18PM

28. Cybercop said... on Nov 30, 2009 at 09:28PM

“Well folks, it's quite simple. Every computer has a unique MAC and IP address. Every internet transaction is logged - somewhere. Matter of fact, I know some of the techies that works on philly pc's for the city, under contract. The site or service provider will have logs of any access to that website. Case closed. Suponena the logs of computer access by IP and MAC, and get all the suspect computer macs and compare the records, and you can absolutely prove whether or not this was done on work computers. And any good tech can pull the stuff from the cops hard drive, even if it was erased. There's plenty more dirt where that came from! I am a computer forensics expert. I'd love nothing better than to catch a cop in the act of lying through his teeth, and then show him what I found. Priceless!”

29. Cybercop said... on Nov 30, 2009 at 09:29PM

30. Anonymous said... on May 15, 2013 at 09:29PM

“Re: Paul said......#22, you obviously had an encounter with a law enforcement officer at some point in your life. People like you show hatred towards police after a bad experience with an officer doing their job, and some asshole like you gets n this site to badmouth the police. I hope you got your punk ass whooped by whoever the officer was that had to deal with scum like you. Talk about worthless human life. I see good people dying every day, but yet the good Lord allows people like you to walk this Earth. You got your ass kicked by a police officer, and you'll never forget it. I guess you learned a hard lesson, now you're going to try and convince the good people who have never had a bad experience with a police officer, that they are all bad guys. Nice try ! You're probably some junkie, whose parents I'm sure are proud of you being the douche that you are. Come to think of it, they're probably douches too for raising such a wonderful person like you, asshole!!!”