The 'Tramp Stamp' Story

Is lower-back ink sexy or slutty?

By Amy Saltzman
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 18 | Posted May. 12, 2009

Whether preplanned or not, for women who want the stamp without the tramp label, perhaps there’s a different spot on the body that’s less sexually suggestive.

Or maybe not. As Brank puts it: “Unfortunately, girls can’t do anything without guys making it vulgar.”

Prev| Page: 1 2

COMMENTS

1. Anonymous said... on May 13, 2009 at 10:32AM

“Hilarious and true! Very well written!”

2. S Crow said... on May 13, 2009 at 11:49AM

“this is M-azing”

3. S Crow said... on May 13, 2009 at 11:49AM

“this is M-azing”

4. Anonymous said... on May 13, 2009 at 08:23PM

“i loved it!”

5. Anonymous said... on May 14, 2009 at 11:31PM

“This was awesome.. so true, and amazingly written...
What else did she write”

6. Anonymous said... on May 15, 2009 at 12:38AM

“amazingly written and soooo true”

7. Karen Lee said... on May 16, 2009 at 10:33AM

“Great article! I have my own lower back tattoo that I had done before it was called a tramp-stamp. It took me forever to research what it would be. Then years later when someone called it a tramp-stamp, I was horrified. Mainly because a tattoo is a form of self-expression and now my tattoo was lumped into a group. Whatever. The lower back is still the best place for discreet expression. Stamp-on girlfriends!”

8. Christina said... on May 20, 2009 at 08:19AM

“soo true. sweet job.”

9. Tom said... on May 20, 2009 at 08:20PM

“don't worry lady everyone regrets tattoos if you waited until now to get one you would of never got one”

10. VeraLynn said... on Jun 12, 2009 at 03:02PM

“Excellent article! I’m glad I stumbled upon it. Karen Lee, same story here!
I was actually looking on-line to see when the term “tramp stamp” came about and found this article, anyway, I’m in the office the other day when we got to talking about tattoos – when one women said how much she “hated them and talk about big non- removable regrets”, I return with, I love mine, no regrets. She proceeds to ask what and where they are, I have one on my foot and another on my lower back – she actually liked the one on my foot and before she could say anything about the one on my lower back two other “ladies” that I work with just stood there and repeated “tramp stamp” over and over like a pair of two year olds. This frustrated me, I exclaimed, the tattoo came long before the term “tramp stamp” (not sure if that is true or not, certain I didn’t start hearing the term till fairly recently). Funny enough, (to me anyway) one of them has a rose that looks like it is a rub on, on her ankle and the o”

11. VeraLynn said... on Jun 12, 2009 at 03:08PM

“one of them has a rose that looks like it is a rub on, on her ankle and the other girl has Tweety bird in her crotch! I can’t decide witch is worse!!! I believe that the body art you chose for yourself is self expression and to each their own… but if my dolphins are trampy, what the heck is Tweety? Where is Sylvester?!?! sry the above got cut off??”

12. VeraLynn said... on Jun 12, 2009 at 03:08PM

13. VeraLynn said... on Jun 12, 2009 at 03:09PM

“one of them has a rose that looks like it is a rub on, on her ankle and the other girl has Tweety bird in her crotch! I can’t decide witch is worse!!! I believe that the body art you chose for yourself is self expression and to each their own… but if my dolphins are trampy, what the heck is Tweety? Where is Sylvester?!?!”

14. VeraLynn said... on Jun 12, 2009 at 03:09PM

15. VeraLynn said... on Jun 12, 2009 at 03:09PM

16. VeraLynn said... on Jun 12, 2009 at 03:09PM

17. VeraLynn said... on Jun 12, 2009 at 03:10PM

18. annette said... on Feb 7, 2012 at 06:46PM

“i still think tramp stamps r sexy;)
nd none of dis will make me change my mind..”