Your Favorite Band Sucks

By Brian McManus
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 6 | Posted Feb. 4, 2009

Not My Buddy: Even in death, Buddy Holly deserves to die.

John Lennon

Fresh Lennon: A new host of remastered work tells us what we already knew ... we don't need remastered work from John Lennon.

(To be used when a new host of remastered work comes out, Beatles or solo.)

M83

No, s'il vous plait: Why this frog should stop making frog music.

It works because he's French. (See also: Daft Punk, Justice, Carla Bruni, Air, Serge Gainsbourg, Jordy.)

Lyle Lovett

No Longer Lovett: Why the Texas troubadour should take his ridiculous hair and exit stage left (into a pit of cloned Julia Roberts' mouths that will devour him).

Black Keys

I Have Had Black, I Will Go Back: Why two white guys from Ohio playing the blues are more sad than a tub full of drowned puppies next to a Welshman singing R&B.

Prev| Page: 1 2 3 4

COMMENTS

1. Terry Moran said... on Feb 3, 2009 at 06:58PM

“The unheralded, and forever uncompromising artist here is Billy Joel. He knew when to walk away at the top of his game. He had the balls to just say "Fuck it. I don't want to play this stupid game anymore. Take this job and shove it." But, of course, no one will give him credit for that, just as no one will give him credit for anything.”

2. JethroCorleone said... on Feb 6, 2009 at 07:46AM

“What the hell are you talking about? He didn't walk away! He is still doing shows. I used to think he was awesome just because he used to nail Christie Brinkley. Now, he is just sad. He is no longer artistically relevant, and he no longer nails Christie Brinkley. On second thought, he is more than just sad. Now, he is just depressing.”

3. tommyg said... on Feb 9, 2009 at 03:37AM

“Could someone please tell me - is the FYE store on Broad st closing down? I heard that the band American Speedway (who is playing there Fri Feb 13th around 4:30) is going to have a free show with free t-shirts and merch to "celebrate" this event. Is this true? tommyg ”

4. Terry Moran said... on Feb 9, 2009 at 07:41AM

“Jethro - I was talking about the continual stream of mediocre new recordings that so many 'classic' artists keep putting out basically to make money for the record companies. They are no more "artistically relevant" than Joel - who left that part of the music biz a long time ago. ”

5. Jethro said... on Feb 10, 2009 at 06:20PM

“Terry--I was talking about nailing Christie Brinkley! That was his greatest accomplishment. Think about it. He was SO ugly that his kids with HER even turned out UG-LEE. ;)”

6. Terry Moran said... on Feb 20, 2009 at 03:29PM

“Jethro - I hope you have the balls to say that about Billy Joel's kid to his face. And I'd love to be there when he decks you.”