A Mixtape For Michael Vick

Here’s hoping he doesn’t turn out to be the Marion Barry of the NFL.

By Brian McManus
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 6 | Posted Aug. 18, 2009

“[… This Fucking City ] is the end result of a years worth of people and musicians delivering,” it says on page three of the booklet, and it does seem like a massive undertaking. Not sure where it might be made available for purchase, but if anyone in the liner notes—Billy Barton, Rob Shit, Joe Vigil, anyone living in Goathouse or Nothinghouse­—has the answer and
is reading this, drop me a line at
bmcmanus@philadelphiaweekly.com. We’ll put the info up on our music blog.

Fans of irony will be happy to hear Hard Rock Cafe is playing host to live music this week as Philly’s own GrindCity (no space!) and others provide the soundtrack to tourists downing Hard Rock nachos or Tupelo chicken tenders. You’ll want to listen for GC’s Eagles tribute, “Go Green,” which didn’t make my mix because I thought it was a song espousing the virtues of sustainable
energy. ■

Fri., Aug. 21, 10pm. Free. With GrindCity, New Liberty + Recent Hours. Hard Rock Cafe, 12th and Market sts. 215.238.1000. hardrock.com

Prev| Page: 1 2

COMMENTS

1. RETARD STRENGTH said... on Aug 19, 2009 at 08:21PM

“why is "who let the dogs out" by the baja men not on the list?”

2. DarwinB said... on Aug 20, 2009 at 05:03AM

“I just hope that he will be able to resolved his problem without using any secured loans. On August 13, 2009, Vick signed a one year contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. He will earn $1.6 million, of which no amount is guaranteed. The contract also contains a team option for the 2010 season worth $5 million. Vick will be able to participate in all team practices and meetings, as well as the Eagles' last two preseason games. He will then be eligible for reinstatement in week six at the latest.”

3. Bucket Flush fan said... on Aug 22, 2009 at 12:34AM

“FLUSH!FLUSH!FLUSH!FLUSH!”

4. jeirut said... on Aug 22, 2009 at 09:36PM

“it's gonna be a big dick day!!!”

5. Re said... on Aug 23, 2009 at 08:23AM

“woke up this morning..
with my dick in my hand.....”

6. Anonymous said... on Aug 25, 2009 at 06:14PM

“Any chance that "This Fuckin City" is going to be put up to hear?”

Vick’s PR Campaign is the Pits

By Tara Murtha

The only way Vick can begin to make up for his heinous crimes is by dedicating a generous portion of his salary to animal welfare organizations here. After that, shut up and go win us a Super Bowl.

RELATED: Pit Bulls in Pain Banishing Acts: It’s a Pitty Breed-Specific Banning? Not A Chance

P!nk Vs. Vick
By Michael Alan Goldberg

Pop star and Doylestown native P!nk has weighed in on the Michael Vick situation via Twitter:

Michael Vick Thoughts
By Michael Alan Goldberg

[I know this is a music blog, but this whole Michael Vick thing is on my mind so I'm just gonna vent real quick. We'll get back to the music shortly.] I’m 39 years old. I’ve been a Philadelphia Eagles fan since I was eight or nine years old, drawn into it by the excitement of [...]

Michael Vick Comes To Philly
By Tara Murtha

The Michael Vick signing has stirred outrage among animal-loving Eagles fans. But this city is already one of the worst in the nation for homeless animals. Will Philadelphians put their money where their mouse is?

RELATED: Can Sue Cosby Turn PSPCA Around? Board: More Animals Died in PSPCA Care Than Previously Reported More About PSPCA: Cats Are Dying The (Scary) Truth About Cats and Dogs Dog Day Afternoon