Rogue Taxidermist Beth Beverly: Fox Scrotums, Animal Ethics & AMC's Reality Show "Immortalized"

How one kitten-loving artist came to specialize in crafting couture hats out of dead raccoons and roosters.

By Tara Murtha
Add Comment Add Comment | Comments: 7 | Posted Feb. 12, 2013

Later that day, my phone buzzes with a photo text message. It’s a picture of the tail. “Stuffed it,” she’s written. “Who knows what it will become?”

Immortalized premieres Thurs., Feb. 14, 10pm on AMC.

Prev| Page: 1 2 3 4

COMMENTS

1. Anonymous said... on Feb 13, 2013 at 10:52AM

“Yucch!”

2. Tina said... on Feb 13, 2013 at 02:19PM

“We can't wait to watch the show...Beth's work is so artistic and simply fabulous!”

3. Anonymous said... on Feb 13, 2013 at 04:56PM

Very cool!! Will have to check out that show, especially since she's local.
Best of luck!!”

4. Infidelphia said... on Feb 13, 2013 at 11:41PM

“You. Go. Girl!”

5. Reginald Joseph Smith Jr said... on Feb 14, 2013 at 01:32PM

“I would like to say that I bought Beth Beverly a taxidermy book too. And I named her. Where's my credit?! WHERE!?”

6. Anonymous said... on Feb 16, 2013 at 01:06AM

“DISGUSTING!! How you desecrate these poor unfortunate animals souls.
How about we stuff and mount your ugly face in my toilet! LOL!

7. J. Abrego said... on Feb 17, 2013 at 09:47AM

“Oh, how I miss the days when The Philadelphia Weekly had great writers who did their subjects proud.

Ms. Beverly seems like a fascinating individual and her story should pop off the page, but Murtha's writing is so boring, clumsy, and poorly constructed that I could barely get through this. it's a shame.

What I don't understand is, if PW keeps publishing such dreck, week after week the writing is just awful, the paper keeps shrinking, your readership is shrinking, and if you're like most newspapers you're losing money hand over fist then why don't you just fold and save yourselves the money and the embarrassment? It makes no sense.”