Through its 15 years together, Black Violin has been challenging the stereotypes of what black men can do and encourages others to do the same.
Divergent punk acts are exactly what we need in this time of political fuckery and social anarchy.
- Rockin’ on: After a five-year respite, the vintage duo that is the Black Keys make a fresh start
- Golden girl: The roots of music queen Jody Gerson reside right here in the Greater Philadelphia Region
- Philly pianist Uri Caine, vocalist Barbara Walker and conductor Andre Raphael bring activist-educator and provocateur Octavius Catto to life
This piece had all the makings of a straightforward feature.
At Cafe Soho, every day feels like Friday.
More Food & Drink
- Eat a cow, save a cat: Dine at any of these spots on Sept. 18 and help the animals of Philadelphia
- For 10 years, Feastival has been a bona fide part of Philly’s food culture. As long as you can afford to partake
- Saved by sushi: How one’s writer’s memory was saved by South Philly establishment Kyoto Japan
I am male. A close female friend was raped by an old acquaintance of mine. I knew this guy when we were tweens, I didn’t really care for him as we got older, so it goes. It turns out that a few years ago, he raped my friend in an alcohol blackout situation. I don’t know more than that. She s…
My little dick has always held me back. I didn’t date in high school because I couldn’t stand the thought of girls discussing my tiny manhood. That said, I’ve adapted fairly well and become skilled with my tongue and hands. The biggest problem is that my dick is just small enough that the he…