One wouldn’t think an emo band could resonate with the world as much as Taking Back Sunday has. But for two nights in a pair of sold-out shows, they're here, in Philadelphia, celebrating their 20th anniversary.
Through its 15 years together, Black Violin has been challenging the stereotypes of what black men can do and encourages others to do the same.
- Die hards: Despite many iterations, nothing’s been able to kill off legendary indie punk pack, Flipper
- Rockin’ on: After a five-year respite, the vintage duo that is the Black Keys make a fresh start
- Golden girl: The roots of music queen Jody Gerson reside right here in the Greater Philadelphia Region
Philadelphia restaurants, your people need you.
This piece had all the makings of a straightforward feature.
More Food & Drink
- Eat and escape: Cafe Soho in Elkins Park is the perfect brand of weird to wind down with
- Eat a cow, save a cat: Dine at any of these spots on Sept. 18 and help the animals of Philadelphia
- For 10 years, Feastival has been a bona fide part of Philly’s food culture. As long as you can afford to partake
I am male. A close female friend was raped by an old acquaintance of mine. I knew this guy when we were tweens, I didn’t really care for him as we got older, so it goes. It turns out that a few years ago, he raped my friend in an alcohol blackout situation. I don’t know more than that. She s…
My little dick has always held me back. I didn’t date in high school because I couldn’t stand the thought of girls discussing my tiny manhood. That said, I’ve adapted fairly well and become skilled with my tongue and hands. The biggest problem is that my dick is just small enough that the he…